Replacing 2.0 HMI module with 2.5 HMI module to add CarPlay/Android Auto to 2014-2015 Silverado

On 1/2/2019 at 8:07 AM, sierra4102 said:

any one know if an 84278524 , 2017, will work for radio module, it says,  Io4/5&U2m (&u2k&usl)&vrg-mbm,    on it

From everything I’ve read 16+ should but let’s see what they say.

8 minutes ago, Barman84 said:

Contacted you 5 days ago still patiently waiting for a reply.

We have one email from you on Monday of this week that was replied to; so its either in your spam folder or your address may have been filled out wrong on the website (happens quite a bit so we try to guess the correct one if we get a bounce notice. Also as stated on the auto responder we were closed until yesterday evening for new years so there is a large backlog we are still working through. 

Edited by GTPprix

5 minutes ago, GTPprix said:

We have one email from you on Monday of this week that was replied to; so its either in your spam folder or your address may have been filled out wrong on the website (happens quite a bit so we try to guess the correct one if we get a bounce notice. Also as stated on the auto responder we were closed until yesterday evening for new years so there is a large backlog we are still working through. 

Sweet I’m sure it was typed wrong then lol.  I can pm you a good email address

Sooo.... after all the hassle GTPprix was about to get mine working( after gm flashed it wrong) I sent it to him on his website whiteautoandmedia.comnand he was nothing but helpful and I’m very thankful for him he got my whole mess taken care of, Chris, thank you very much sir! You’re awesome! For people that plan on going from the 2.0 HMI Module to the 2.5 SAVE YOURSELF TIME AND MONEY and just send it to Chris, GM will NOT do it right, anyways, got my module back from Chris and I love it already, apple car play works perfectly the way I want it! Again, thank you Chris! 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Dino Zahirovic said:

Sooo.... after all the hassle GTPprix was about to get mine working( after gm flashed it wrong) I sent it to him on his website whiteautoandmedia.comnand he was nothing but helpful and I’m very thankful for him he got my whole mess taken care of, Chris, thank you very much sir! You’re awesome! For people that plan on going from the 2.0 HMI Module to the 2.5 SAVE YOURSELF TIME AND MONEY and just send it to Chris, GM will NOT do it right, anyways, got my module back from Chris and I love it already, apple car play works perfectly the way I want it! Again, thank you Chris! 

Just sent all my stuff to Chris plus a

denali cluster as well.  So far so

good on the customer service side.  Can’t wait to get my stuff back to install it.

• 2 weeks later...

Looking for guidance.  I have a 2015 Yukon that was built late 2014   I want to upgrade system to allow for Android auto etc.   The information  I have gleaned from this thread is as follows.

1. I  need t install a 2.5 HIM part no.84296480.  I have one on way that is new out of a 2018 Tahoe.

2. I will need to take to dealer to get it synced with Vin.  He has told me $100

Questions I have.

I have USB IN the CONSOLE and two more together in cash and also one behind radio display in that secret compartment.

Do I need to install new USB  ports?

Do I need a new radio module?

What are part numbers if I do?

Thanks

11 minutes ago, Bhenry6265 said:

Looking for guidance.  I have a 2015 Yukon that was built late 2014   I want to upgrade system to allow for Android auto etc.   The information  I have gleaned from this thread is as follows.

1. I  need t install a 2.5 HIM part no.84296480.  I have one on way that is new out of a 2018 Tahoe.

2. I will need to take to dealer to get it synced with Vin.  He has told me $100

Questions I have.

I have USB IN the CONSOLE and two more together in cash and also one behind radio display in that secret compartment.

Thanks

If I were in your shoes I would not go to a dealer. I would go to http://www.whiteautoandmedia.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=98&category_id=44&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=54 and ask this question. Choose the "Ask a question about this product" link. Looks like you have the right HMI module. IMHO WAMS is the ultimate source for this. Hope this helps.

On 1/19/2019 at 3:47 AM, Bhenry6265 said:

Questions I have.

Thanks

You’ll need the new USB ports not sure if you’ll need to swap them all out or just the ones you use for aa or CarPlay.  You’ll also need an HMI 2.5 and a radio module from a 16+.  Not sure if you will have to upgrade the cluster as well to get all the steering wheel buttons to work.  On my 14 Silverado I’m waiting for my 

2.5 hmi

radio module

Denali cluster

all to come in from Chris at WAMS. I’ve already upgraded the usbs on my truck.

email wams and he’ll tell you what you need 

Big thanks to @th3magpi3 ... I've got a 2014 silverado and was able to pick up a 2.5 HMI, newer 2016 radio module and usb port assembly on ebay for under $200. Sent the modules out to him, got them back and plugged them in late last week and all works great with AA. US to Canada shipping took a little while but turnaround time was only a day or two to get them programmed to my VIN and I wasnt in a huge rush anyway. Thanks!!

So far I've tried google maps and Waze navigation as well as pandora and spotify with no issues. As others have reported, no steering wheel audio controls when using AA, sounds like that requires a cluster reprogram- not a real big deal for me to leave as-is... steering wheel audio controls when playing the radio still work when using AA for navigation.

42 minutes ago, RACERX7775 said:

Just curious on if the radio module has any differences between the 16 and the 14's. My reception sucks on my 14 with regular and hd radio. I think the 14' all have issues with reception.

There are some very small differences but I wouldn't expect anything earth shattering.

Also of note the Map upgrade we are offering for the navigation units at a significantly reduced price over getting them from GM are now brand new fresh 2019 maps :) 

I mean you do this swap for AA/CP not better reception really but I mean if you want to try and want AA/CP I say go for it. Pricing is on the website contact us for the hardware matrix. 

Edited by GTPprix