Darmichar

Replacing 2.0 HMI module with 2.5 HMI module to add CarPlay/Android Auto to 2014-2015 Silverado

Ok. Ive been reading that most of the 14 trucks have bad reception. Mine is terrible. I rarely ever get stations in hd. I havent heard any bad stories on the 15.5 and up.  This wouldnt have any impact on my denali cluster you did for me right?

Whats an hmi bypass module. I saw one on fleabay. Gm part 84129827.

Whats an hmi bypass module. I saw one on fleabay. Gm part 84129827.

A gm stopgap for issues with backup camera operation; you don’t need one.

Man these things are $$$. How about 84331775. The seller doesnt say if its nav or not. But does say 2018. Is $133 fair for the hmi?

Edited by RACERX7775

Man these things are $$$. How about 84331775. The seller doesnt say if its nav or not. But does say 2018.

Contact us for the fitment matrix.

Ok. Thanks chris.

GTPprix,

I have a 2015 yukon denali xl I would like to upgrade to have the capabilities to have android auto as well as play video from my phone to the rear entertainment.  I do not want to lose any current functionality (ie steering controls, standard nav turn by turn on HUD/Dash, etc.) 

What do I need to purchase, I visited the site and denali cluster and radio upgrade were unavailable for purchase.

Thanks! 

@GTPprix

Edited by MBRedline
To include tag

Just so everyone knows I followed chris’s Instructions and part numbers.  My 14 1500 now has Apple car play and a Denali cluster.  I shopped for a blue Denali cluster but couldn’t find a good deal on one.  So I have everything but the radio skip play buttons switched over to gmc red as well.  

What I really like is I canceled my Sirius radio and went to streaming only on my phone for 3 bucks a month as well.   Well biggest issue is Sirius was a pita when I tried switching from my old radio or to the new one...  

750398F1-AF2E-4561-BE87-E8624FC49C33.jpeg

Denali cluster I also have full function through Siri with the steering wheel controls.

i did update the usb as well to the newer one to be in the safe side.

7D567FFB-2161-489B-A5FA-42A2C2B85B26.jpeg

Whats up with the abs/ traction control warning lights. Also, where is the miles? Why is your truck on a 45* angle right now?

So while waiting to pick my daughter up from school and the sun shining in, i saw these icons on my Denali cluster. The glow plug light/ wait to start? On a gas cluster? And also it has both the mph and kmh indicators.

20190127_112524.jpg

20190127_112410.jpg

I'd guess the clusters are pretty universal. They don't want to spend extra money for more cluster variations than they have to. 

Yeah, but a diesel has the 5000 rpm tach.

Edited by RACERX7775

I think you can set the kmh and mph is the settings. Im gonna check it out on the way to work. See if it really changes.

4 hours ago, RACERX7775 said:

Whats up with the abs/ traction control warning lights. Also, where is the miles? Why is your truck on a 45* angle right now?

I have my abs fuse pulled for a good reason.  When I swapped from a 20x9 wheel to a 20x12 every stupid round about or turn set off my abs like I was skidding...  but I wasn’t it’s not fun to drive when your truck decides to randomly toss the brakes on.   The dealer can’t fix it and it irritates me so it’s pulled until someone can give me a good fix.  Bearings are all good abs sensors are all good.  I have an email to a tuner to see if they can make it less sensitive...

And I was playing around with the cluster.  The 14s period don’t have the angle approach... so it’s always at 45 degrees. I was going to see what it takes to get it to work since it’s in the cluster.  

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By thepiombino
      Hey, everyone!  New to the forums here -- my name is Chris and I just picked up my 1st Suburban yesterday; a CPO 2016 LT w/Luxury package, Sun & Entertainment, wheel upgrade, etc.  Loving the truck so far, just one minor issue.  I am unable to get the car to recognize my Pixel 3 XL and launch Android Auto.  Before anyone asks, yes -- I have the AA app installed.  I've done my due diligence before posting, scouring the web for hours now, to no avail.  The USB works in charging my phone, but the car just won't launch AA.  I was able to connect my wife's iPhone and CarPlay launched immediately.  I tried a couple different cables and even tried all the "developer options" tweaks that I read about online.  I ordered a couple of different USB-A to USB-C cables built to 3.0 spec just to be sure cables aren't the issue, but other than that not sure what I can do other than waste 1/2 at the dealer to see if they can figure it out.  I really don't want to have to do that.  Help, GM-TRUCKS.com, you're my only hope!
    • By matt32
      Alright... let me take a deep breath...
      I just bought a 2019 Chevy Silverado Custom Trail Boss.
      I am having an issue with my 2019 Chevy MyLink infotainment system and its integration with my Note 9 since the Android Pie update.
      The issue: When I receive a phone call through Bluetooth OR Android auto, I am able to answer the phone call but... The ringer will NOT stop ringing on my infotainment system. The only way I can talk to the person on the other line is by picking up my phone and disabling it from the infotainment system (this did not happen at all on the previous software version and it was glorious). The ringer will also never turn off even after the phone call is ended. The only way I can turn the ringer off while driving is by turning it down (cannot switch back to radio to continue listening to music, which is very aggravating), so I am sitting in silence for the remainder of my trip... unless... I pull over on the side of the road, shut my vehicle down for 2 minutes to let the computer reset and start it back up. This issue does not occur on my work iPhone either...  I thought that it might be an issue that chevy's infotainment support team could solve... It seems that it is not their issue because it only happens to android Pie software version phones and not any others. I call Samsung... do everything you could think of to troubleshoot this issue (finally factory reset my phone completely only to NOT resolve the issue). Samsung seems to believe that I need to send my phone in for a repair (even though it wasn't happening with the previous software version). Chevy thinks I need to just wait for a new software update for Android Pie... but I hate waiting because it is a very aggravating issue and love my music! Is ANYONE else having these same issues? Is there a solution that anyone can think of? I would like to just revert back to the previous software version and forget about it, but I am not sure of the problems that may cause...
    • By LBtrw
      Hey everyone,

I've been meaning to post my experiences with Android Auto in my 19 trail boss. I have a Pixel 2 XL phone running the latest version of Android OS (v.9 with Dec. security patch) along with the latest version of Android Auto (v.3.8.584564). I also have the latest version of Chevy Mylink installed on my truck.

So I have been experiencing random android auto app closes while listing to Spotify or using Google Maps for navigation. I have tried troubleshooting the problem by switching usb cables, which I am using type c, wiping my "managed cars" from within android auto, I also have tried factory resetting my phone completely without restoring from a backup. Some days are better then others for how long the app will display without randomly closing. When this problem does occur I can usually just select "Android Auto" on Mylink and the app will launch again, sometimes. I wasn't sure if there are any other daily Android Auto users out there having the same trouble as me on their trail boss?

*Edit: I also experience audio issues in AA every now and again. I will plug my phone in and play a song through Spotify using AA and the audio's volume will be lower then the FM radio. I've tried making the adjustments using my phone's volume buttons but it doesn't result in a change through Mylink. I unplug the USB cable and plug it back in and like magic the audio is much louder.

**Edit2: The audio issue I mentioned in my previous edit is no longer happening to me. I suspect a recent Chevy MyLink update resolved that. I ordered a factory USB type-c cable from Google Store and I am awaiting it's arrival. I'll post back with my results.

I'll update my post with additional info when I get the chance. I appreciate any thoughts or solutions.
      Thanks!
    • By Shane Davison
      Having issues with booth the Carplay function and Buetooth software in 2016 Silverado Z71.  Started with the Carplay function no longer connecting. The carplay app no longer shows on the MyLink display screen nor does the vehicle mylink connection show on the iphone 8 plus device. The phone does an endless search for a vehicle with carplay..  Have tried new IOS USB cable and still no connection.  The voice activation feature works when connected but only for phone calls.  No other media or apps within the iphone show on the Mylink display screen.
      Then the automatic bluetooth concection stopped.  Once the bluetooth automatic connection stopped all music and other media source from the iphone stopped.. I can manually delete the bluetooth connection and manually connect each time i enter and start the vehicle.There is on iphone option as a media choice on the menu with in the MyLink system.  I have been to the dealer twice and they tell me its my iphone with out checking the mylink softwared or checking of updates.    
      I have reset and disconnected all mylink features and bluetooth connections in the Iphone. i have done a network reset on the iphone.  I have reset or rebooted everything I can with in the iphon except for a hard reset which will completely reset the iphone back to original settings.   I have been to the Apple store and had them double check if there is any issues with the Iphone.  All software is up to date there are no restrictions set on the iphone side.  
      I have searched the internet for nay issues with Iphone and MyLink software.   There have been some connectioning issues since the last IOS 12 update,  I have done everything suggested to resolve these issues to no avial. It has to be an issue with the MyLink software.

Was hoping someone has a solution or suggestion before returning to the dealership.  
    • By Suresh
      I have a 2015 GMC Sierra Denali 1500.  The truck has factory installed radio, navigation, touch screen etc.  I am told I already have the I06 module, so why don't I have carplay?  And why do I have to buy another I06 to add carplay?  can't I just do a software update?