Replacing 2.0 HMI module with 2.5 HMI module to add CarPlay/Android Auto to 2014-2015 Silverado

Ok. Ive been reading that most of the 14 trucks have bad reception. Mine is terrible. I rarely ever get stations in hd. I havent heard any bad stories on the 15.5 and up.  This wouldnt have any impact on my denali cluster you did for me right?

GTPprix,

I have a 2015 yukon denali xl I would like to upgrade to have the capabilities to have android auto as well as play video from my phone to the rear entertainment.  I do not want to lose any current functionality (ie steering controls, standard nav turn by turn on HUD/Dash, etc.) 

What do I need to purchase, I visited the site and denali cluster and radio upgrade were unavailable for purchase.

Thanks! 

@GTPprix

Edited by MBRedline
To include tag

Just so everyone knows I followed chris’s Instructions and part numbers.  My 14 1500 now has Apple car play and a Denali cluster.  I shopped for a blue Denali cluster but couldn’t find a good deal on one.  So I have everything but the radio skip play buttons switched over to gmc red as well.  

What I really like is I canceled my Sirius radio and went to streaming only on my phone for 3 bucks a month as well.   Well biggest issue is Sirius was a pita when I tried switching from my old radio or to the new one...  

750398F1-AF2E-4561-BE87-E8624FC49C33.jpeg

So while waiting to pick my daughter up from school and the sun shining in, i saw these icons on my Denali cluster. The glow plug light/ wait to start? On a gas cluster? And also it has both the mph and kmh indicators.

20190127_112524.jpg

20190127_112410.jpg

4 hours ago, RACERX7775 said:

Whats up with the abs/ traction control warning lights. Also, where is the miles? Why is your truck on a 45* angle right now?

I have my abs fuse pulled for a good reason.  When I swapped from a 20x9 wheel to a 20x12 every stupid round about or turn set off my abs like I was skidding...  but I wasn’t it’s not fun to drive when your truck decides to randomly toss the brakes on.   The dealer can’t fix it and it irritates me so it’s pulled until someone can give me a good fix.  Bearings are all good abs sensors are all good.  I have an email to a tuner to see if they can make it less sensitive...

And I was playing around with the cluster.  The 14s period don’t have the angle approach... so it’s always at 45 degrees. I was going to see what it takes to get it to work since it’s in the cluster.