Replacing 2.0 HMI module with 2.5 HMI module to add CarPlay/Android Auto to 2014-2015 Silverado

Iv been reading on this and it’s got me so confused, I have a 2016 ltz without factory nav, and no car play option or pandora, all I want is car play. So all I need to do is upgrade my hmi to the 2.5? And does it need vin programmed or not? Where do I find these at!? 

Attached is the picture of what my home looks like now.

A0EE5D21-9E03-424B-B9F0-C59479F59175.jpeg

2 hours ago, Montanasilverado said:

Iv been reading on this and it’s got me so confused, I have a 2016 ltz without factory nav, and no car play option or pandora, all I want is car play. So all I need to do is upgrade my hmi to the 2.5? And does it need vin programmed or not? Where do I find these at!? 

A0EE5D21-9E03-424B-B9F0-C59479F59175.jpeg

You have a 2016 like mine that was made during a few months that they ran into issues with parts availability and didn't include Apple Airplay/Android Auto if you look on your Monroney Sticker you should have gotten a +200 credit.  I just purchased a 2.5 HMI Module from th3magpi3 and gave him my VIN, took my 5 minutes to swap it out and I have apple carplay fully functioning, siri works with the steering wheel buttons etc...  No need to have the radio flashed or upgrade USB ports or any of that on the 16 trucks.

There are a few guys on here that do them. White Automotive And Media Services. WAMS. Google his site. Search on here. Also search Denali cluster in Silverado. You should find good reviews for him. He did my cluster programming. He will tell you if you are getting the correct module for your truck.

I see them on eBay too, but how or where do they get programmed
I can also facilitate programming. Feel free to contact me via PM and we can get some of your questions answered.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I actually wanna do this too. I have a 14 LTZ with factory nav. But I dont wanna do all the other stuff that is associated with it like the usb and radio module
If anyone has any questions please send me a PM. I try to give everyone I deal with a phone call so we can better address any questions you might have.

I've found that the very lengthy post that we're in now can be an easy place to get lost and confused.

If you're thinking about doing the upgrade, please get in touch with me. I'd love to have a chat about it :)

A0EE5D21-9E03-424B-B9F0-C59479F59175.thumb.jpeg.bab8b03c98bbd4b5a6e324658061a647.jpeg

i have a couple 2.5 hmi for sale, 110$ shipped

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, th3magpi3 said:

If anyone has any questions please send me a PM. I try to give everyone I deal with a phone call so we can better address any questions you might have.

I've found that the very lengthy post that we're in now can be an easy place to get lost and confused.

If you're thinking about doing the upgrade, please get in touch with me. I'd love to have a chat about it :)

Hi th3magpi3,

I reached out via PM for a little bit of help which you could maybe help with regarding mismatched hardware issues...

Hoping you can help :)