Replacing 2.0 HMI module with 2.5 HMI module to add CarPlay/Android Auto to 2014-2015 Silverado

6 hours ago, Andre motta said:

Hey guys I need help I have 2018 Silverado custom and I don’t see my HMi module in the glove boss I want know if my truck have please can help me 

Those customs sure are strange animals.  I just looked at my brothers 2018 custom and he had no idea that he already had AA/CP in the projection icon.  He has the large in dash screen, small gauge cluster screen, no steering wheel controls.  What are you trying to upgrade on yours?

On 4/20/2019 at 6:38 PM, Michael Box said:

I just wanted to verify that this is the correct cluster for the 2014 upgrade. https://www.gmoutletparts.com/oem-parts/gm-inst-cluster-84254166.  The number is right but the pic still looks like what I have.

Thats the one I ordered.  They'll probably call you or email you for the VIN# before it ships.  They dont care that the part doesnt match the VIN.

just replaced hmi and radio module in 2015 silverado lt, had them programmed by @th3magpi3 he is a forum member/supporting vendor does an excellent job, fast turn around time, great communication...would not hesitate to do business with him again!

Edited by Mejho
left out @ for a mebers screen name
  • Like 2

Wow, just spent 2+ hours reading this forum.

what a wealth of information.

Just registered and glad I did.

just bought a 2015 3500HD LTZ with Bose and navigation and would really like to take advantage of CarPlay and other upgrades to my system.

I am not really sure of all the good that can be  programmed into it.

Before I start ordering thinks from eBay should I look at the modules in my truck or can the vin tell me what I have?

Thanks

Wow, just spent 2+ hours reading this forum.
what a wealth of information.
Just registered and glad I did.
just bought a 2015 3500HD LTZ with Bose and navigation and would really like to take advantage of CarPlay and other upgrades to my system.
I am not really sure of all the good that can be  programmed into it.
Before I start ordering thinks from eBay should I look at the modules in my truck or can the vin tell me what I have?

Thanks

You'll need a new radio, HMI and USB all updated to your vehicles settings and have your VIN programmed into them. Send me a PM with you're VIN and I'd be happy to help you out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In the process of sourcing all the components to upgrade my 14 Silverado so it has Factory Nav & CarPlay.....my head is spinning with all the part numbers out there and the different info I was being given/told by multiple programming vendors.  "This part needs this but not that....that part needs this but make sure it's not this one"...Uggh!  Big thanks to th3magpi3 as he provided his phone number and gratefully answered all my questions. :thumbs:

Edited by Gorby2149
  • Like 1

Hey guys.. Hate to be the guy but I curious what all I need for Apple Play and some of the iPhone features. My truck is a 2014 LTZ, I have nav (without having to buy it from OnStar), I have the weather app, and a few other small things and I'd like the Apple Play. What do I need to do this upgrade?

1 hour ago, Macgyuver said:

Has anyone seen these, kinda interesting since it supports carplay 

Tesla Style Radio

I don't know about the Pheonix one but Walt at ADC Mobile (very reliable and trustworthy) has an entire thread about a similar one:

ADDED IN EDIT:

I must have been typing at the same time as Snowcamo.  The thread I linked to talks about the one he linked in his post.

Edited by sk
  • Like 1

Hey all. Anyone who has a 14/15 with bose and did this upgrade, I have a favor to ask. If you have the truck running and the radio on, and on a preset radio station highlighted at the bottom of the screen, when you turn the truck off, but dont open the door, does the preset stay highlighted, or does it go dark, then highlighted after a few seconds.

Im having an issue with my radio cutting out when I turn the key off and my audio cutting out and not coming back on. THANKS FOR ANY HELP.