In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Darmichar

Replacing 2.0 HMI module with 2.5 HMI module to add CarPlay/Android Auto to 2014-2015 Silverado

On 2/3/2020 at 6:52 AM, th3magpi3 said:

Yes. We can program ANY 2.5 HMI. Regardless of donor vehicle or part number. If it's a 2.5 we do it! 

That's good to know. The person I bought my HMI from has more of them for $114 https://www.ebay.com/itm/202899536133

Edited by clemsonteg

4 hours ago, clemsonteg said:

Finished up mine in my 2015. I’ve got less than $300 in everything, so I am satisfied. 

1E12CA47-3151-409C-BCD0-8166F928D894.jpeg

Hi 👋 

Is everything working normal? What did you have to replace? Do the Buttons on the steering wheel work? How about the parking sensors? I’ve been wanting to do this upgrade for awhile. I also have a 2015 and want to make sure everything works okay. I’m not to savvy with automotive if you can’t tell 😊😊

15 hours ago, Jrocc24 said:

Hi 👋 

Is everything working normal? What did you have to replace? Do the Buttons on the steering wheel work? How about the parking sensors? I’ve been wanting to do this upgrade for awhile. I also have a 2015 and want to make sure everything works okay. I’m not to savvy with automotive if you can’t tell 😊😊

Yeah curious myself.  Every time I've checked on doing it....get into the neighborhood of $1000 to get everything I "need"

Yeah curious myself.  Every time I've checked on doing it....get into the neighborhood of $1000 to get everything I "need"

Pricing is based on if your supply your own sourced hardware or having WAMS supply it.

If www.WhiteAutoandMedia.com supplies it, you’re getting brand new hardware, hardware warranty, and you retain your GM factory or Extended non-GM warranty (if you have one).

Most can do this for under $400 if you source your own hardware.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone else now having issues with hands free voice controls? "Ok google" worked flawlessly on my truck and note 9 since I did the 2.5 upgrade. Last week, my phone did an update and now I cant get it to acknowledge voice controls unless I hit the mic button on the right bottom of the screen. And yes, I checked in the AA settings and I cant even get it to turn on.

1 hour ago, Fallguy67 said:

Right!!? That’s why I’m so hesitant to do this unless everything works. I don’t want to drop $1000 and not have everything work. Plus I do have an extended warranty and don’t want to jeopardize that. 

Right!!? That’s why I’m so hesitant to do this unless everything works. I don’t want to drop $1000 and not have everything work. Plus I do have an extended warranty and don’t want to jeopardize that. 

If you have Warranty, your best choice (only choice really) is to use WAMS. The reason why they have confirmed fitment/compatibility matrix list is to ensure GM compliance and to retain that warranty. So if you decide to source your own hardware, be sure it’s on their approved list. Or just have them supply it.

53 minutes ago, pgamboa said:

If you have Warranty, your best choice (only choice really) is to use WAMS. The reason why they have confirmed fitment/compatibility matrix list is to ensure GM compliance and to retain that warranty. So if you decide to source your own hardware, be sure it’s on their approved list. Or just have them supply it.

Thank you 😊 that’s who I would go through just want to make sure everything works 😊 like sensors, back up camera etc...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pgamboa said:

Pricing is based on if your supply your own sourced hardware or having WAMS supply it.

If www.WhiteAutoandMedia.com supplies it, you’re getting brand new hardware, hardware warranty, and you retain your GM factory or Extended non-GM warranty (if you have one).

Most can do this for under $400 if you source your own hardware.

Well don't have a warranty.  I may have checked wrong sources for my own hardware (and what all hardware I needed) and then programming cost....but even going that route was only going to save $100-$200 it seemed.  

So if it can be done with buying hardware yourself from other sources, and being sent for programming all for $300-$400 I'm curious to know if all works correctly and exactly what was bought and who did programming.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Fallguy67 said:

Well don't have a warranty.  I may have checked wrong sources for my own hardware (and what all hardware I needed) and then programming cost....but even going that route was only going to save $100-$200 it seemed.  

So if it can be done with buying hardware yourself from other sources, and being sent for programming all for $300-$400 I'm curious to know if all works correctly and exactly what was bought and who did programming.

If you go by what WAMS says to do, it works perfectly. Make sure you buy the appropriate hardware (radio module and HMI), or get the new hardware from WAMS with a warranty on the electronics.  Chris did a fantastic job programming it for my truck, and I couldn’t be happier. I swapped to the IO6 HMI with navigation and the HMI is unlocked from WAMS. My cluster was also programmed so I can use Siri from the steering wheel. If you do go that route, I’d highly recommend getting the harness from HarnessDr.com so you can use your rear camera while in drive to check on trailers, or anything behind you. 

Edited by cbrsilv15
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Jrocc24 said:

Hi 👋 

The only thing that doesn’t work On my truck is the speak button on the steering wheel. I knew that wouldn’t work without going with a Denali cluster or having mine reprogrammed. I never use Siri anyways, so it isn’t a big deal to me. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Fallguy67 said:

If you got all new hardware and did the cluster upgrade it would be $1000 easy. I bought used hardware and had it programmed, so I’m in it for much less. The HMI was the most expensive part, and I got it for $125 (link provided in previous post)

4 hours ago, pgamboa said:

Chris was really nice and he answered all my questions. He also said the 84331775 HMI isn’t currently on the matrix, but they can program it without issue if needed. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, clemsonteg said:

The only thing that doesn’t work On my truck is the speak button on the steering wheel. I knew that wouldn’t work without going with a Denali cluster or having mine reprogrammed. I never use Siri anyways, so it isn’t a big deal to me. 

If your streaming music from your phone, you can’t skip tracks with the steering wheel controls either. Once it’s programmed, it’ll work 100%. 

• Like 1