Replacing 2.0 HMI module with 2.5 HMI module to add CarPlay/Android Auto to 2014-2015 Silverado

Just curious what loss of features?  Maybe I need to do more research.  Were you comparing to the gen 4?  Seems to have way MORE features than the other system and of course the 12.1 screen.  I'm trying to see why I would go with the other system.

Also looking at the Deanli cluster replacement.  ooo that is nice, but I'll go to that thread for that one.  

9 hours ago, Bowtie619 said:

Also looking at the Deanli cluster replacement.  ooo that is nice, but I'll go to that thread for that one.  

Before you do the cluster or anything else, contact WAMS. I would hate to have you do the radio and then certain features not work through the cluster. He will tell you the correct cluster to get.  He made sure everything was perfect when I did my entire 2.5 with all the good add-ons  and cluster swap. 

20191209_113919.jpg

Edited by RACERX7775
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, RACERX7775 said:

Before you do the cluster or anything else, contact WAMS. I would hate to have you do the radio and then certain features not work through the cluster. He will tell you the correct cluster to get.  He made sure everything was perfect when I did my entire 2.5 with all the good add-ons  and cluster swap. 

20191209_113919.jpg

0056D7D1-FCE3-4081-A538-C724C79E3EB1.thumb.jpeg.dbce572ac90e06cf181c92603d1596a3.jpeg

12 hours ago, Bowtie619 said:

Just curious what loss of features?  Maybe I need to do more research.  Were you comparing to the gen 4?  Seems to have way MORE features than the other system and of course the 12.1 screen.  I'm trying to see why I would go with the other system.

Steering wheel controls mainly.  Also display  of certain info on the DIC. Also watched some videos where people had other miscellaneous issues...seems like one was the light not working on the heated steering wheel (although it did heat).  A minor gremlin I admit, but makes you wonder what others there might be.  I asked about some of the issues I'd heard about...but never really got an answer.    I had started looking at the Gen 3, but was going to go with a Gen 4.  The only real reason I was looking at a Gen 3 was that was where a link took me to and I didn't know there was a Gen 4 till I looked at the whole website.

I guess mainly what changed my mind is that I really just wanted to keep a stock look, but that is my personal preference. 

Any update on this? I just got a 2015 Denali and was looking into upgrading it. Im extremely new in this field and program for school and work (computer engineer). Was curious as to what was required to get into the development world and whether or not it required a gm Bosch acdelco interface. Searching on Google it's been impossible for me to find an hmi 3.0 and was curious to see if this would integrate device projection better with the digital screen cluster. That seems to be the biggest thing holding me back from doing the upgrade. I'd hate to spend all that money and barely have the integration into Android using the control interface on the steering wheel. The internet seems to have the hmi 2.5s all over the place. What is the best way to tell if one supports io6 (GPS nav) and Bose amplifier system? Once again sorry I'm very new to this and still learning everything in the past day or so.

• 2 weeks later...

*************Radio and HMI sold. Cluster was returned to vendor on eBay.*************

If anyone is interested, I have a radio and 2.5 HMI I purchased from White Auto and Media Services (WAMS) on August 20th for my 2015.5 1500. It was programmed to my VIN, but in the short time since, my truck got hit and I am no longer in need of them. You would need to ship them to get reprogrammed, but I’d like to get something for them. For both parts, $300 plus shipping (I’ll confirm what they charge me to ship them back to me). That’s half the price they charge for asking them to source them for you. Send me a message or reply and we can work out the details. 

I do have a 2015.5 Denali cluster as well (was not programmed to my VIN) but I’m able to return that to the seller. If a package offer was made, I could ship them all together. 

I definitely would trust WAMS for any radio/HMI and cluster upgrades. Their service is fantastic and turn around time is great. 

Edited by skyline2413
Added content
  • Like 2

On 8/5/2020 at 6:31 PM, Blue142 said:

I am figuring out how to update my IO6 & HMI 2.5 to support carplay and android auto...  Any final word on the configuration of IO, HMI & USB combo?

I have a radio and HMI that are coming in from White Auto and Media Services that I no longer need (my truck got hit). They’re able to be used for the upgrade for CarPlay or more that they offer as a service. If you were to get these from them, it would be $600 programmed. I just want these gone and can sell them for $300 plus I can provide you the USB part number. I’m bummed I can’t use them at the moment, but I need my money elsewhere and want someone to be able to get the use out of them. Let me know if you’re interested. 

I have a radio and HMI that are coming in from White Auto and Media Services that I no longer need (my truck got hit). They’re able to be used for the upgrade for CarPlay or more that they offer as a service. If you were to get these from them, it would be $600 programmed. I just want these gone and can sell them for $300 plus I can provide you the USB part number. I’m bummed I can’t use them at the moment, but I need my money elsewhere and want someone to be able to get the use out of them. Let me know if you’re interested. 

I am interested. What did they say it would cost to reprogram to my vins? Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/23/2020 at 9:56 AM, fonsech said:

I thought I'd respond to this post.  I recently purchased a 2015 GMC Sierra Denali HD (love the truck) but it had the HMI 2.0.  I had followed some of these posts and I saw Coastal Flash was quite involved in the forums which is great.  I went to their website and filled out the contact information form but as I host my own email servers (and apparently my spam filter is too tight) they were blocked.  They found another way to contact me and invested easily over an hour on the phone discussing everything about it.  At that point, I went with their services and I now have Apple CarPlay, the blue theme, faster response (much better than the 2.0 was I've found) and retained my factory navigation.  I'm very happy with the work they've done and I have full confidence in their services.  So if anyone is looking to do this upgrade, I would definitely consider them.

Hi there,
First off, I am grateful to have found this place, thank you! Seeing everybody being so helpful has me excited to finally tackle this project.

I also have a 2015 GMC Denali... but a 1500. It has factory NAV and Bose with the texting function. What did you need to purchase in order to make it all work... HMI, USB and radio module?  Did you have to program the cluster to retain all of the functions? Do the buttons on the steering wheel work?  I would also like to keep my factory NAV and get that awesome blue theme. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thank you! 

Edited by Carlos Vasquez