Replacing 2.0 HMI module with 2.5 HMI module to add CarPlay/Android Auto to 2014-2015 Silverado

Hi there,
First off, I am grateful to have found this place, thank you! Seeing everybody being so helpful has me excited to finally tackle this project.
I also have a 2015 GMC Denali... but a 1500. It has factory NAV and Bose with the texting function. What did you need to purchase in order to make it all work? Did you have to program the cluster to retain all of the functions? Do the buttons on the steering wheel work?  I would also like to keep my factory NAV and get that awesome blue theme. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thank you! 

https://www.whiteautoandmedia.com/product/2014-2015-5-c-k-platform-car-play-upgrade-retrofit-programming/

They can supply all you need, new hardware, warranty and all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, lovelessjl said:

You wouldn't be able to use android auto or carplay, the USB jack won't handle the data bandwidth required. Everything else would work fine.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

So I wouldn't be able to use the part that I really care about then? hahaha

So I wouldn't be able to use the part that I really care about then? hahaha

The update usb hubs will have the six (3.5mm) jack. You’ll only lose the SD card slot. So while your usb hubs may work, there is chance that it wigs out due to limited bandwidth of older usb hubs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...
5 minutes ago, bell9440 said:

Does anyone know what vehicles the parts on WAMS come out of? I have seen a vette, but it would be nice to know what all the parts came out of to look for them.

Basically anything with an HMI, best to just search by PN yards can also check other yards by PN as well. Worst case just have us supply them. They are brand new OEM parts with full warranty at dealer cost :) 

• 2 weeks later...

So I have just updated my HMI on my 16 GMC Sierra slt. It was a plug and play, and the appleplay works great but I noticed my speedometer cluster screen changed colors from red to blue. That was fine, I could deal with that but today I just did the remote start and when I got in the truck the logo on the cluster had the Chevy bow tie and the radio was GMC. Anyone know how to fix this? I’ve already disconnected the battery and driven it around, but it still hasn’t corrected.

4 hours ago, Dlo1989 said:

So I have just updated my HMI on my 16 GMC Sierra slt. It was a plug and play, and the appleplay works great but I noticed my speedometer cluster screen changed colors from red to blue. That was fine, I could deal with that but today I just did the remote start and when I got in the truck the logo on the cluster had the Chevy bow tie and the radio was GMC. Anyone know how to fix this? I’ve already disconnected the battery and driven it around, but it still hasn’t corrected.

Who did your programming?

I had my Denali s radio updated a yearago. .. no charge!  All it did was erase all my saved presets!! I wanted to be able to txt that is an option for that year! ! Then they informed me that "Future " updates would be at shop rates #!!!! I have not been back since.  As far as I'm concerned those  updates should have been done years ago for what I paid for it !! Pretty  lame . Kricket

On 12/9/2020 at 11:06 AM, Kricket. 2014 Serria Denal said:

I had my Denali s radio updated a yearago. .. no charge!  All it did was erase all my saved presets!! I wanted to be able to txt that is an option for that year! ! Then they informed me that "Future " updates would be at shop rates #!!!! I have not been back since.  As far as I'm concerned those  updates should have been done years ago for what I paid for it !! Pretty  lame . Kricket

Understood however in this case there were actually hardware changes to make this possible so sadly thats not a scenario that would be viable here even if they could