2019 Silverado Hitting the lots!!

I had to google this "start stop" button to figure out what you guys are talking about. Now I understand. I did not know this was coming to our trucks.

I drove a rental car in Ireland that had this feature on a manual transmission. I about crapped myself the first time it killed in traffic and I didn't know it was supposed to do that. But after a few days I was used to it. Yes, its weird, but it barely affects regular driving.

I think if I got a truck with the feature, I'd leave it on and see how it affects me. I don't drive through much traffic or commute where there's a ton of stop lights.

Just like AFM, there will be people who MUST disable the feature, but I bet for most people who commute through areas with stop lights, it will be a nice feature to have.

All that aside, the front end is fugly. I'm glad I got a 2015 and don't have to buy one of these.

Edited by aseibel

1 hour ago, Osirus said:

They come down. No one's going to be incentivizing the 2019's heavily when they still have a lot full of 2018's to clear out.

I paid less for my 2018 than I did my 2007. Both purchased new, both LT Z71 Crew Cabs.

They won't be huge discounts but Laura has a 2019 Sierra Denali with $4,907 off MSRP.  I bet some of the high volume dealers with have some discounts probably but the K2 trucks will be more heavily discounted more than likely.

Edited by BlkSS

2 hours ago, yamaha0343 said:

I actually would have thought that Trail Boss would sticker higher than 55k. A current LT Z71 stickers at 50 nowadays, without all the Trail Boss stuff.

All depends on options..... heavily optioned is closer to 58k     Sierra AT4 optioned out is around 62K  but you can get a 6.2 in a sierra AT4.

No 6.2 Option for a Trail Boss.

19 hours ago, Sierra Dan said:

The Sierra Tail lights are similar to the 02-06 Chevy Avalanche and the 2005-2015 Chevy Colorado in shape.  

Not a fan of these new Sierra Tail lights :shakehead:

Reading from your post you pretty much hate the new one and are dog shit happy you got a 18? Anything I missed ? 

I cant wait to get my 19.  Also loved my 14 and 16. Nothing wrong with loving what you have 

Edited by f8l vnm

1 hour ago, f8l vnm said:

Reading from your post you pretty much hate the new one and are dog shit happy you got a 18? Anything I missed ? 

I cant wait to get my 19.  Also loved my 14 and 16. Nothing wrong with loving what you have 

Not sure how to even respond to this....   LOL

Follow some of my other posts where I praise GM and knock Ford and Ram.

Also where I praise the look of the new Silverado over the Sierra.

You know what they say about opinions?

If you look at my profile I do not drive an " '18 "

Maybe your response is meant for someone else...………………………….. ????????

Enjoy your " '19 " !  :thumbs:

Awesome!  I almost pulled the trigger on a 2018 2500 high country Duramax the other day, but didn't because the cab felt small compared to my 2017 Superduty.

I'm looking forward to driving a 2019 to see if GM really does have the biggest cab finally.   There is a huge difference in size between the current ford cab and GM cab, with the Ford cab being more spacious.   But I'd rather have a Duramax than a Powerstroke if GM finally fixed this.  

On 8/9/2018 at 7:46 AM, SILVER SLED said:

I like a lot of the stuff on that truck.  Between the new cool stuff and the 470lbs less weight, it's starting to offset the ugliness.

I don't have a problem with the looks, but I am a little skeptical as to the 470 lbs of improvements while claiming larger cab and box.  I have a '15  and I can't find many places where I'd like to see less steel! 

jees.. these 2019 Denali's look about 3 years behind the 2019 RAM limited in regards to tech.  And for the first time ever, I think both the Sierra and Silverado look awful.  

I have been 25 years loyal ...new GM's trucks every few years.  Will be ordered a RAM this time.... 

5 minutes ago, Donstar said:

I don't have a problem with the looks, but I am a little skeptical as to the 470 lbs of improvements while claiming larger cab and box.  I have a '15  and I can't find many places where I'd like to see less steel! 

Maybe it's all the aluminum??  I thought I read somewhere on here plastic leaf springs also for the 19's??? I hope it's true anyway.

26 minutes ago, Donstar said:

Well, the plastic hood latch had to shave off a good 2...3 ounces...

34 minutes ago, GMC-AT said:

jees.. these 2019 Denali's look about 3 years behind the 2019 RAM limited in regards to tech.  And for the first time ever, I think both the Sierra and Silverado look awful.  

I have been 25 years loyal ...new GM's trucks every few years.  Will be ordered a RAM this time.... 

I haven't seen you around for quite awhile!  I always liked what you had to say but this comment will need some elaboration!  I know Fiat has installed a big television set in the dashboard of the new RAM but I think Red Green is their technical adviser.  ;-)  What are the differences that you see?

Look at some YouTube videos of the 2019 limited. Just a few things..
Air ride
Ram box
floor box/cooler
Vented and heated rear seats..that recline btw
Much more soft touch interior
Auto high beams
Lights that turn/move with truck
active shutters/ auto lowering for Aero
Etourque battery (personally don't like)
Auto wipers
massive 12in display

**Gm may have a few of these things now in 2019...not sure

Anyway...its leaps and bounds ahead of GM. Again..I have been diehard GM for many years...never thought in a million years i would own a Dodge...but I had to amit they are clearly top now...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk