Fuel tank size?

I did a search and see a discussion on fuel tanks in the motor oil thread, apparently related to diesel tanks.  I'm in the market for a 2019 truck.  I currently have a F150 that has a 36 gallon tank and having a decent sized tank is important to me for the range it provides.  I like the new Sierra AT4 and the 6.2L option, but what is the story with fuel tank sizes on the half ton crew cab/short bed?  Thanks 

45 minutes ago, FaastEddie said:

Thanks for the link, very helpful.  Bummer for me.  I generally like the truck otherwise.  I can't see a 24 gal tank as being sufficient.

Your Welcome and I agree.  I was hoping for at least 30 gal. tank on the 2019!

I can overlook things like panoramic sunroof or adaptive cruise control but for a vehicle with such a focus on trailer towing function a 24gal tank is beyond questionable. 

Ford did the same. 26 gallon was standard in 2014 and now it is 23. Making the tank smaller is a lazy way to cut weight, nothing more. It isn't like there is a packaging issue to use a bigger one.

5 hours ago, MikeNH said:

Ford did the same. 26 gallon was standard in 2014 and now it is 23. Making the tank smaller is a lazy way to cut weight, nothing more. It isn't like there is a packaging issue to use a bigger one.

But they have an optional larger tank.  The only excuse to go from 26 to 24 is to offer a larger one.  I'd rather they just put a 28 in all of them.  That's the perfect size in my opinion.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Donstar said:

I think the gas tank size is appropriate for the average owner.  Dual tanks were an option in the past.  The extra capacity was needed then because you were getting significantly fewer mpg's!

I do about 400 miles a week at minimum, just commuting to and from work. A few extra trips this week and I'm well past 600. The longer I can go the better. And when I do the trip from NH to MI, being able not to have to fuel up in NY is a big plus. My last Silverado might have been able to do it if you ran it down to nothing, the Wrangler absolutely couldn't and thankfully the Grand Cherokee I drive for now can easily do it. 

13 minutes ago, shift_grind said:

But they have an optional larger tank.  The only excuse to go from 26 to 24 is to offer a larger one.  I'd rather they just put a 28 in all of them.  That's the perfect size in my opinion.  

But is it only on certain trims? I think on the current trucks it has to be a long bed to get it.