Heath

Question

Back in January I had the ABS light coming on and the brake booster kicking in at low speeds or when beginning to stop, changed the front ABS speed sensors and solved problem. Now at highway speed of 60 mph or greater the abs light comes on and the alarm dinger that is identical to the buckle seat alarm comes on goes off a few miles later it comes again. It usually has to be driven about 6 to 8 miles before this cycle begins.  Can anyone help me diagnose this problem? My mechanic put his computer on it and it's not throwing a code and it has us puzzled.

Heath,

I’m glad I could help brother mine had me so frustrated that I couldn’t think straight i was loosing sleep and about to throw a bunch of money at it I got lucky and noticed a wire not in it place under the hood it was even at night with a drop light glowing just right evidently but I am ocd about my whip so I’m always cleaning inside and out under the truck under the hood so when something is amiss Im usually on top of it.  I’ve been wondering how it worked for you glad it worked before you threw a pile of money at it have a great afternoon 

I recently met a friend from visiting another church where my daughter goes to school and we discovered we owned the same 2004 GMC Sierra year model. In discussing our trucks he told me his truck was low of oil at 3000 miles at oil change time and a young mechanic told him that the left valve cover is where he is losing it. He had it replaced and problem solved! Have you experienced this in your time with your work or vehicle?