Is the GMC Reg Cab 2wd SLE a Unicorn?

Hi all,

Looking to get back into a GM Regular Cab.

Decided on the following spec truck to fit my needs.

2016-2017 GMC Sierra 2wd SLE Reg Cab

I’m having the toughest time finding one!

Seems like the WT trim and 4x4 Z71’s are all I can find for sale.  Is this a unicorn spec?

I get that most people want 4x4’s and crew cabs but I prefer my GM’s lowered ;) and the extra maintenance of the 4wd I’ll never use seems like it would be a waste.  

Should I broaden my search for the 14-15 model years and upgrade the head and tailights? 

Appreciate all of your advice!

Yes they are extremely rare.  Probably the rarest of the body configurations.  Then to find one with a power seat and fog lights is even tougher.  Are you looking to buy new only?  I have a 2017 that I would consider selling that has 7800 miles on it. Black in color.  I am in MN though.  It got stored last winter.  I haven't driven it much but have been considering buying a sports car instead.  PM me if interested.

19 minutes ago, hirdlej said:

Yes they are extremely rare.  Probably the rarest of the body configurations.  Then to find one with a power seat and fog lights is even tougher.  Are you looking to buy new only?  I have a 2017 that I would consider selling that has 7800 miles on it. Black in color.  I am in MN though.  It got stored last winter.  I haven't driven it much but have been considering buying a sports car instead.  PM me if interested.

I’m hoping to buy a used 16-17 with under 25k miles. I appreciate the offer to buy yours but I was planning to use my Tacoma as a trade in. Not sure I could swing a private sale.

46 minutes ago, brandnewcolony said:

Love your truck man!

I have heard 4x4 were more “problematic” to lower than the 2wd’s. What’s your setup? I’m looking to do a 4/7 drop with 20” rims

Thanks!! 

4X4s lower exactly the same as a 2wd.  my truck is 4/6, and 4/7 is even easier because you don't have to install the lift hanger in the rear to raise it up to 6'' from 7'' that you would get with the stock hanger and a flip kit.  

I'm running all Belltech stuff, front drop shocks, spindles, and rear flip kit.  McGaugheys makes pretty much makes the same stuff too.  Stay away from DJM.  

Hi all,

Looking to get back into a GM Regular Cab.
Decided on the following spec truck to fit my needs.

2016-2017 GMC Sierra 2wd SLE Reg Cab

I’m having the toughest time finding one!

Seems like the WT trim and 4x4 Z71’s are all I can find for sale.  Is this a unicorn spec?
I get that most people want 4x4’s and crew cabs but I prefer my GM’s lowered ;) and the extra maintenance of the 4wd I’ll never use seems like it would be a waste.  

Should I broaden my search for the 14-15 model years and upgrade the head and tailights? 

Appreciate all of your advice!
I think both Gmc and Chevy regular cabs are hard to find that aren't WT or LS. I had to travel 4 hours to pick up my Silverado regular cab LT with pretty much everything you can get in a regular cab.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SirenRed16 said:

I think both Gmc and Chevy regular cabs are hard to find that aren't WT or LS. I had to travel 4 hours to pick up my Silverado regular cab LT with pretty much everything you can get in a regular cab.

That's why I ordered mine, no one had exactly what I wanted 

That's why I ordered mine, no one had exactly what I wanted 
I wanted to order mine but I probably wouldn't of gotten the discount I did. All I wanted was the Siren Red paint, the LT convenience package and 5.3, ended up with factory NAV which is a plus I guess lol

6 hours ago, SirenRed16 said:

I wanted to order mine but I probably wouldn't of gotten the discount I did. All I wanted was the Siren Red paint, the LT convenience package and 5.3, ended up with factory NAV which is a plus I guess lol

yeah, All I got off on mine was the GM employee discount plus a 500 dollar rebate 

5 minutes ago, brandnewcolony said:

I was dead set on Silver or White, now I am considering other colors because of how hard these are to come by lol

I may go 4wd but I will literally never use it!

I most likely never will either, but you can't get a 2WD chevy with paint matched bumpers and grill, so I figured I'd just get the 4x4 instead of replacing bumpers, grills and headlight trim. 

Plus the resale value around here on 4x4s is better  

Edited by qwank

Try looking in California they are more common out there, I priced out a regular cab with some upgrades for a 2017 and still totaled out to 45K ridiculous even though I have 2015 crew cab sierra z71 SLT minus the sunroof. I had 92 Chevy cheyenne that had the V6 with upgrades that was quick off the line, many thought it was a V8.

6 hours ago, Cesar1833 said:

Try looking in California they are more common out there, I priced out a regular cab with some upgrades for a 2017 and still totaled out to 45K ridiculous even though I have 2015 crew cab sierra z71 SLT minus the sunroof. I had 92 Chevy cheyenne that had the V6 with upgrades that was quick off the line, many thought it was a V8.

Funny you mentioned Cali, I found the exact spec Reg Cab I want their but it wouldn’t work out. I would be trading in my Tacoma for it, not purchasing outright 

On 8/12/2018 at 6:21 PM, brandnewcolony said:

I’m hoping to buy a used 16-17 with under 25k miles. I appreciate the offer to buy yours but I was planning to use my Tacoma as a trade in. Not sure I could swing a private sale.

6 minutes ago, brandnewcolony said:

Funny you mentioned Cali, I found the exact spec Reg Cab I want their but it wouldn’t work out. I would be trading in my Tacoma for it, not purchasing outright 

Private sales can be a PITA but the extra effort often results in more net cash for you.  In your situation it could make the difference between getting the truck that you want or not.  If your issue is that you owe more on your truck than you could get in a private sale, then check with your lender.