2019 Silverado LT TrailBoss

7 hours ago, Donstar said:

This makes me angry!  I want to find an '18 that I like, but how can I when beautiful trucks like this are hitting the streets!  Double damn!!  ;-)

I just bought the 2014, and GM keeps releasing new models and features every 2 -3 years faster than Toyota Tundra. 

4 hours ago, silveradonationfan15 said:

These 2 black switches

Untitled1_thumb_png_744ec0388e5a12a0a369fbc02b144369.png

Untitled12_thumb_png_a245cacc80636925e101571ff258431e.png

They are just dummy switches and don’t do anything. If you have lane departure alert it would be the left most switch. If you have hill decent or power steps it’s on the far right switch. 

5 hours ago, iPhonez71 said:

I just bought the 2014, and GM keeps releasing new models and features every 2 -3 years faster than Toyota Tundra. 

Toyota moves at a snail's pace when it comes to update their trucks. The Tundra at least 10 years behind the rest of the industry.. It was designed to be competitive with the GMT800 trucks, which makes it even more insane that Toyota hasn't replaced it with something better.

I just wish they would have tweeked the h.p. & torque numbers up a bit. I'm sure there's another 25 /35 more horsepower to be found in there.

Just a couple years ago everyone was bashing the new Nissan Titan because the new engine "only" made 390 h.p. & torque.

My 15 Silverados 355h.p. is all I'll ever really need but when Ford's little 2.7 & 3.8 liter t.t. engines pack more punch and control bragging rights, I think GM needs to fire back!

4 hours ago, HondaHawkGT said:

Toyota moves at a snail's pace when it comes to update their trucks. The Tundra at least 10 years behind the rest of the industry.. It was designed to be competitive with the GMT800 trucks, which makes it even more insane that Toyota hasn't replaced it with something better.

I owned both 2012 Sienna and 2008 Tundra before I owned 2014 Silverado. Love the Silverado the most. I think if releasing models and features too fast would affect the quantity of sale as many prospective buyers tend to wait or skip years like buying an iPhone new every year. On the other hand, releasing slow helps retaining better the resale values of older models. I think it depends,  but I wish new models and trims should release on an average of every 4-5 years, but releasing every 2-year is too soon and every 10-year is too long. 

Toyota doesn't have the sales volume to justify updating the Tundra as much as Ford/GM/Ram do with their trucks (well, typically do in the case of Ram. Chrysler's troubles ~8-10 years ago meant they took a long time to release a new Ram 1500). The Tundra is a product that really only works in North America, and shares very little with other global vehicles that Toyota uses other than the Sequoia, which again like the Tundra is really only suited for Norther America and gets creamed (like everyone) by the Tahoe/Suburban/Yukon/Escalade. Toyota still has a smaller but loyal customer base in the truck market though that is keeping the Tundra sales steady, and profits on the truck are probably now high because it is 10 years old and paid off.     

Edited by teehee

27 minutes ago, teehee said:

Toyota doesn't have the sales volume to justify updating the Tundra as much as Ford/GM/Ram do with their trucks (well, typically do in the case of Ram. Chrysler's troubles ~8-10 years ago meant they took a long time to release a new Ram 1500). The Tundra is a product that really only works in North America, and shares very little with other global vehicles that Toyota uses other than the Sequoia, which again like the Tundra is really only suited for Norther America and gets creamed (like everyone) by the Tahoe/Suburban/Yukon/Escalade. Toyota still has a smaller but loyal customer base in the truck market though that is keeping the Tundra sales steady, and profits on the truck are probably now high because it is 10 years old and paid off.     

You and HondaHawkGT are absolutely right. Regarding Toyota and foreign automakers in general. Ford and Dodge pickups don’t change exterior in every 2-year. Silverado 14-15 gen, 16-18 gen, 19- generation. What I think is that if GM pickups are predictable change every 2 to 3 years then many prospective buyers will have a hard time to make decisions on last models. Would we have a heart burn if 2019 is postponed to 2020?

14 hours ago, iPhonez71 said:

Your '14 is the same as  an '18.  Only a person familiar with GM trucks will be able to tell the difference.  I would love to find an exact duplicate to my '15 except with the optional max tow (NHT) package.   For a similar price I would prefer a '19 but not for the current pricing difference.

OP,

That sure is a funny looking Tundra you have there! ;) I apologize if this was already asked and I missed it, but did that hit the floor level or did they level it out at the dealership?

1 hour ago, Donstar said:

Your '14 is the same as  an '18.  Only a person familiar with GM trucks will be able to tell the difference.  I would love to find an exact duplicate to my '15 except with the optional max tow (NHT) package.   For a similar price I would prefer a '19 but not for the current pricing difference.

You are right. Same engine and interior design. The difference between 2015 and 2016 is minor front end design, but quite apparently between them. Between 2014 and 2015 you couldn’t tell from a distance observation. Anyhow, I love 2014 Silverado but also love 2019, but I cannot chase every newer models and features like chasing iPhones. Chase iPhone every year is not easy either. If 2019 Silverado comes with 4.3L V6 and aluminum body then most Silverado will keep their until r Silverado are  all rusted out or ended their useful lives.

4442773C-F958-472F-A7FD-8D1A80175350.png

6 hours ago, iPhonez71 said:

You and HondaHawkGT are absolutely right. Regarding Toyota and foreign automakers in general. Ford and Dodge pickups don’t change exterior in every 2-year. Silverado 14-15 gen, 16-18 gen, 19- generation. What I think is that if GM pickups are predictable change every 2 to 3 years then many prospective buyers will have a hard time to make decisions on last models. Would we have a heart burn if 2019 is postponed to 2020?

Ford all new in 2015, update in 2018.  That completely conflicts with your statement.  

ford is on records as saying  another re design in 2020 , that also when they introduce the F150 Hybrid. There is also a re designed 2020 F250 coming out,  You have to give it up to ford. They dominate the segment because they continue to push the envelope with Options/etc. 

Heck they are so petty with best in class everything , they couldn't stand GM being best in class HP for Half tons, they gave the raptor motor to the limited as well. 

I like this kind of competition  from Ford,  you can out do them anywhere you want but the truck game they wont allow 

The half ton market is the most important segment to both ford and GM , so you will continue to see 2-3 nip and  tucks. 

Get used to it. 

1 hour ago, shift_grind said:

Ford all new in 2015, update in 2018.  That completely conflicts with your statement.  

Ford F-150 from 2009-2014 is not apparently different. You are right regarding from 2015-2019 the grille changed, but headlights shaping are more of the same and appears to be from an upgrade trim option instead of changing overhaul design comparing to Silverado 2015 to 2016. Unlike a Raptor trim is apparently looking different from any standard F-150 regardless of years. I am imagining if GM keeps changing appearance then we can predict from 2021-2022 will be different from 2019. Anyway, we have to plan for upgrading Silverado in the future. We should plan now for how to finance the 2019 and 2021 and beyond as generous financing options are now available. Trade in and finance as many times as possible. Either keep doing that or keep loving what we already have. 

1 hour ago, f8l vnm said:

ford is on records as saying  another re design in 2020 , that also when they introduce the F150 Hybrid. There is also a re designed 2020 F250 coming out,  You have to give it up to ford. They dominate the segment because they continue to push the envelope with Options/etc. 

Heck they are so petty with best in class everything , they couldn't stand GM being best in class HP for Half tons, they gave the raptor motor to the limited as well. 

I like this kind of competition  from Ford,  you can out do them anywhere you want but the truck game they wont allow 

The half ton market is the most important segment to both ford and GM , so you will continue to see 2-3 nip and  tucks. 

Get used to it. 

I think Ford especially 1/2 Ton pickup has an edge over GM is not based on changing models and features as often as possible. 1) Ford has a market supply contract with governmental agencies including Park and Law Enforcement agencies. 2) Ford V6 + Turbo was not attractive to Truck Enthusiasts comparing to V8 options from GM and Dodge; however, various issues GM didn’t put resources in areas that need a correction or improvement. 3) GM should focus on long-term from GM loyalists and their future referrals instead of focus on gaining market share against Ford while rumors of potential expensive repairs after warranty expired is an alarming concern to some buyers. Result, prospective buyers might have a fear 4) GM should give repair manual to all its buyers for free to compensate for certain issues that can be fixed and maintained by its buyers instead of depending on the dealerships and technical services. 5) Most buyers are likely to ask family and friends for options on high price tag vehicles. I did. I told anyone  that advises against buying a Silverado that I am willing to spend many tireless hours to repair if I can do it myself. I just replaced a battery.