I heard it depreciates right after a contract of ownership paper work is signed and before it is delivered to their owner. Regardless, I was hoping if we can slow down the depreciation rate by delaying the release of 2019 by few months or a year or be strong by holding on to what we have.

Cars/trucks are consistently changing designs. Depreciation is what it is. It’s part of buying/owning a vehicle.
I never give it thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, SILVER SLED said:

I drove a '19 RST Z71 today with 20's.  It has 275/60-20 tires.  That is a 33" tall tire.  

So maybe the 20" wheels on a trail boss also have 33" tires.  

It is not the tire size that bugs me, but the Wheels. The ugly styling of the wheels.

The 20" tire option on the Trail Boss needs a better 20" wheel design.

6 minutes ago, Sierra Dan said:

It is not the tire size that bugs me, but the Wheels. The ugly styling of the wheels.

The 20" tire option on the Trail Boss needs a better 20" wheel design.

Agreed, an ugly wheel for sure.  Sorry, I got your comment confused with everybody complaining about the TrailBoss not having 33" tires as advertised. 

• Like 1

Congrats on the new ride....looks great, I like it!

On 8/13/2018 at 2:41 PM, silveradonationfan15 said:

Nice truck, I'll probably be getting one like this in a few months... I have a question for you, In the row of switches under your HVAC controls ( auto stop start, bed light, parking sensors, hazards, ect,) do you know if the 2 black buttons with no markings on the left and right sides have a purpose?

Sorry for the.ate response, but mine are dummies as well. In my High Country the one on the far left was for pedal adjustments and the one on the right was for lane assist. 

Chuck,

Have you seen the new threads for 2019  Troubleshooting, Mods, and Driveline/Exhaust?

You could be the first one to post something in any one of those 3 subjects if anything happens

to your T1 (good being modification, bad being a problem or bug).

On 8/16/2018 at 9:35 AM, SILVER SLED said:

Agreed, an ugly wheel for sure.  Sorry, I got your comment confused with everybody complaining about the TrailBoss not having 33" tires as advertised. 

GM has referred to the 18s as 33s too, in videos.  They would look so much better with even a 275/70r18.  

I wish all the trucks had lower offset wheels.  Another 8-10mm would have gone a long way. 

Chuck, ordered my 2019 LTZ. Z71 today at Kenny Ross, right in your area.  Where did you get your Trail Boss at?

On 8/18/2018 at 10:02 AM, Sierra Dan said:

Chuck,

Have you seen the new threads for 2019  Troubleshooting, Mods, and Driveline/Exhaust?

You could be the first one to post something in any one of those 3 subjects if anything happens

to your T1 (good being modification, bad being a problem or bug).

I actually just posted in the mods, accessories are pretty hard to find unless you buy GM direct. However Xpel just released film kits. 

2 minutes ago, Loco Diablo said:

A MUST on trucks with painted front ends IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absolutely, I didn’t have it done on my last truck and within 2 months I was repairing rock chips in my front bumper. 

On 8/18/2018 at 5:41 PM, SAMS819 said:

Chuck, ordered my 2019 LTZ. Z71 today at Kenny Ross, right in your area.  Where did you get your Trail Boss at?

I bought mine from Watson in Murrysville. I’ve bought the last 4 vehicles from them. They always treat me fair and the service department takes care of me. Victor Olive is the owner, great guy.  

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Zane
      Now that owners are taking delivery of the new 2019 Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra, I thought a quick reference guide to common routine maintenance items would be beneficial to us all. If you have information that you'd like suggest be added to this topic, just post below and I'll update this first post with any and all new/updated information. 

2019 Chevy Silverado & 2019 GMC Sierra Routine Maintenance Quick Reference Guide
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Digital Owners Manuals
      2019 Chevrolet Silverado: 2019_Chevy_Silverado_Owners_Manual.pdf
      2019 GMC Sierra: 2019_GMC_Sierra_Owners_Manual.pdf

Oil Changes
      2.7L(L3B)
      Capacity: 6.0 Quarts AC Delco Oil Filter: PF66 / 55495105 Drain Plug Size: TBD  
      5.3L(L84) & 6.2L(L87)
      Capacity: 8.0 Quarts AC Delco Oil Filter: PF63E / 19330000 Drain Plug Size: 15MM or XX Torx  
      Engine Air Filters
      With High Capacity Air Cleaner: A3244C / 84121219 Without High Capacity Air Cleaner: A3246C / 84121217  
      Interior Filters
      Passenger Compartment Air Filter: CF185  
      Wiper Blades
      Drivers & Passenger Sides: 55cm / 21.7 Inches - GM Part Number 23417074  
      Spark Plugs
      2.7L L4: 12688094 / 41-106-IP 4.3L V6: 12622441 / 41-114 5.3L V8 & 6.2L V8: 12622441 / 41-114  
      Fuel Tank Sizes
      Standard / Short Box (Gas & 4WD Duramax): 24 Gallons Standard & Short Box (2WD Duramax): 22 Gallons  
      Automatic Transmission Fluid
      6-Speed: DEXRON-VI Automatic Transmission Fluid 8-Speed: DEXRON-HP Automatic Transmission Fluid 10-Speed: DEXRON ULV Automatic Transmission Fluid (GM Part Number 19352619/Canada 19352620)  
      Transfer Case Fluid
      All Models: 1.6 Quarts DEXRON-VI Automatic Transmission Fluid  
      Wheel Lug Nut Torque
      All Models: 140 lb-ft / 190 N-m
    • By matt32
      Alright... let me take a deep breath...
      I just bought a 2019 Chevy Silverado Custom Trail Boss.
      I am having an issue with my 2019 Chevy MyLink infotainment system and its integration with my Note 9 since the Android Pie update.
      The issue: When I receive a phone call through Bluetooth OR Android auto, I am able to answer the phone call but... The ringer will NOT stop ringing on my infotainment system. The only way I can talk to the person on the other line is by picking up my phone and disabling it from the infotainment system (this did not happen at all on the previous software version and it was glorious). The ringer will also never turn off even after the phone call is ended. The only way I can turn the ringer off while driving is by turning it down (cannot switch back to radio to continue listening to music, which is very aggravating), so I am sitting in silence for the remainder of my trip... unless... I pull over on the side of the road, shut my vehicle down for 2 minutes to let the computer reset and start it back up. This issue does not occur on my work iPhone either...  I thought that it might be an issue that chevy's infotainment support team could solve... It seems that it is not their issue because it only happens to android Pie software version phones and not any others. I call Samsung... do everything you could think of to troubleshoot this issue (finally factory reset my phone completely only to NOT resolve the issue). Samsung seems to believe that I need to send my phone in for a repair (even though it wasn't happening with the previous software version). Chevy thinks I need to just wait for a new software update for Android Pie... but I hate waiting because it is a very aggravating issue and love my music! Is ANYONE else having these same issues? Is there a solution that anyone can think of? I would like to just revert back to the previous software version and forget about it, but I am not sure of the problems that may cause...
    • By Pyrojodge
       Greetings ALL,  
      So I wanted to try and help some of those that may be on the fence of looking at the new Silverado.  I have been into cars for as long as I can remember and actually work in the automotive supplier business.  I have been involved with the engineering of some of the internal components on this truck.  I wanted to give an honest review from an average guy that uses his vehicles for all kinds of uses... As I said in the title here are some of my love and hate items for this truck after 5000 miles of driving.  (some highway, some back roads, and some off road)  

Let's start with the positives!  

1.      The Looks – I really like the new styling of these new trucks and think that it looks aggressive and the lines crisp.
      2.       Power Tailgate – yeah, I thought it was a gimmick but I can tell you that I have come to love this option.  Having my hands full and being able to use my knee to close the tailgate is great.
      3.       Video Mirror – I didn’t know about this at first but this is great!.  I have loaded things in the cab and thought oh well I can’t go to high….  Yeah. No longer an issue
      4.       Space – the interior is roomy and I’m a “BIG” guy.  I can even sit in the back seat which usually doesn’t happen even in other auto’s
      5.       Ride – ride quality is comfortable and the interior is quiet at all speeds (except the whistle mentioned below)
      6.       Heated steering wheel – How did I ever live without this feature…  Seriously… As I write this it’s -9°F here and my hands have been toasty the entire day!
      7.       The Gauge cluster – I’m impressed with the gauge layout and how they can be modified by what information you want to see
      8.       Rear seat storage – This is close to being a meh item but I do like having this to store straps and such out of sight until I need them.
      9.       Good fuel economy (5,3L) – I have been getting about 20mpg and 25mpg max with this truck on long trips.  My daily drive I’m at 18 to 20… that’s awesome with a brick.
      10.   Window ALL down – I love this feature.  It’s nice to open all the windows at once and cruise down the road.  I’ve only been able to do it twice since I bought the truck but hey.
      11.   Information screen – I love that you can set what information you want to see in the vehicle info and it will show you everything from brake pad % life to off road angles.
      12.   Bed tie down points – I like the multiple tie down points in the bed.  They have always been perfect with anything that I’ve hauled.
      13.   Bed liner – It’s great.  Nothing slides around and it seems durable so far.
      14.   Forward camera – I like the forward camera for tight spaces and being on the front it stays clean.
      15.   Cross traffic alert – It’s actually already saved me because I couldn’t see fully… I think this will be required on all my other vehicles.
      16.   LED Headlights – I’m sold on these.  I like using them not passing them.  They work great to light up the night.
      17.   115v Outlets – I love the outlets and especially in the bed.  Have been super handy for me thus far.  

Let’s move to the MEH factor…  

1.   Interior choices – Only having the once color reminds me of how Henry Ford started painting his cars… all black is boring but does looks nice
      2.   Faux wood – I don’t get it.  I don’t like it. I don’t hate it. I just don’t understand how it fits in?
      3.   Folding Mirrors – I like them but I hate that I have to push a button every time.  It would be nice to have them auto open to parking and shifting into drive…
      4.   Heads up display – It’s nice not having to take your eyes off the road but yeah. It’s not that useful as far as information.  It does show me when there’s a car in front of me but I hope I know that anyway.
      5.   The gold bronze accents – Another one of those things in the interior where I’m like… HUH….  I don’t get how this goes with anything else in this vehicle.
      6.   Center console storage – yes, it’s large. It has lights. It has USB outlets… and can get filled with junk I guess.
      7.   Dash Storage – I don’t understand the purpose of the cubby in the dash in front of the radio.  Its storage but it’s not very handy and whatever is in there is baked in the sun?
      8.   Seat comfort – The seats are not the most comfortable that I’ve ever been in and they are not the worst.  They are just meh.
      9.   The double glove box – I mean yeah, it’s nice to have the extra storage but the top one isn’t practical for anything more than your insurance cards and registration 10.   Exhaust – I mean it’s ok.  Personally I liked the tucked rectangle in the bumper look.  It sounds good at 1st start up but quiets down to fast… no drone at highway speeds
      11.   Wheel well liners – It’s nice to have the protection but I don’t know what they are made of but grass and mud is stuck to them even when power washing they are rough and almost porous.
      12.   Disable start stop  - To be honest I guess it’s nice to turn it off but I really don’t notice it.  It takes a slight second to get used to not just tromping the gas but it doesn’t bother me.
      13.   Over the air updates – yes it’s nice to get updates over the air but I’ve never noticed that they fix the issues that I see from time to time?
      14.   Side lighting – I mean yeah it’s great to have the extra light around the truck but… I’m mostly blinded when I use it and it doesn’t illuminate the ground like I’d prefer.
      15.   Turning radius – I know this is a big vehicle but I feel like the turning radius sucks.  I really struggle to get the right position on the 1st shot.
      16.   Lane departure warning – I mean yeah, it’s nice if you’re drifting but it gets annoying if I’m trying to ride the edge to pass a truck on the highway.
      17.   Solid side steps – can’t keep them clean and they get slick when it is cold out.  They look nice when they are clean but….  

Finally the worst parts…  

1.   The shifting lever – to put it nicely… Looks crappy, feels crappy, is wobbly, and doesn’t really fit with the aesthetics of the truck.
      2.   Messenger app – To answer a message I have to touch the screen instead of just using the steering wheel controls and then I can’t speak my response…  Why so terrible?
      3.   The 3D down view – Ok so I may be OCD but why do I have a WHITE Minecraft looking truck in my 3D and not a color matched truck.  Seems like it could be an option?
      4.   Navigation – Navigation still seems off.  I have put in destinations a few times and it’s taken me way out from where I wanted to be maybe fixed later.
      5.   Play from steering wheel – I hate that you can’t get your phone to play from the steering wheel.  You must press it on the main screen or on the phone.  I’d like to control everything from the wheel. 6.   Double lines – On the dash with some of the infotainment items you get text doubled up and can’t read it.  Programming OOPS?
      7.   Floor liners – Fronts are fine but I had to modify the rear to get to work with the storage… I mean. Did they not know how this was going to be put together?
      8.   The whistling hose – so I hate the noise and I’m still waiting for my dealer to fix.  For the most tested vehicle how did they not notice this?
      9.   Back up camera – It never keeps the settings I set and the lens gets dirty so quickly so it’s mostly useless when it’s snowing and covered in slush.
      10.   AUTO high beams – I like the idea….  Not so much the execution.  I feel like when I have it active it just flashes cars in front of me.  I would be annoyed if I were being flashed from behind.
      11.   Wipers – these things are made for speeds under 35mph… anything past that and I get streaks and my sight is skewed.  Maybe I just have a bad batch of wipers?
      12.   Voice commands – I don’t know if I have some type of accent that this thing doesn’t like or what but I can never get it to do what I need it to.
      13.   NO LED back up lights – I think GM dropped the ball on this one from factory… Why is everything else LED except that
      14.   Plate lights – oh not only the backup lights but the license plate lights are not LED.  I think the color stands out and looks terrible…  (at least it’s a cheap upgrade to fix)
      15.   Back up Infotainment light – so I dislike how bright the screen is when I’m backing up at night.  It’s super bright and can be distracting at first.
      16.   No adaptive cruise – I realize that it will probably be an add on in a year or two but….  Everything else was rushed it seems so why not one more thing?
      17.   Warranty – yeah the new warranty sucks compared to every other vehicle I’ve ever purchased.  It seems questionable why it’s so short…
      18.   Funky Fuel gage – so I have noticed a few times that  I can fill the truck up and it will show just over ¾ and as I drive it will slowly go up to F then start on its plunge to E.  Not sure what that’s all about.
      19.   Double antenna – Ok, so the whip antenna sucks.  I hit it on my garage every day and it will be replaced but why not just have one like other vehicles.
      20.   No Fog with High beams – why is this… please fix as if you turn on fog lights it disables auto high beams.  Seems counter intuitive.
      21.   Badges on fenders – I don’t care for the fender badging and don’t know why this spot was picked
      22.   Truck has limited run time – So yeah, if you walk away from the truck with the keys it will only run for 15 minutes.  If you start the truck and leave the keys in, it will only run for an hour.  Hate this!    

SO here’s the review after 5000 miles.  Do I have buyer’s remorse?  No, I still love the truck but wanted to share my experience so far that might help someone on the fence. I’m happy and it goes in the snow very well.  I’m ready to use it this summer and enjoy the sunroof and all the windows down.  Take care and drive on!  
    • By ThomCannell

Thom Cannell
      Contributor, GM-Trucks.com
      February 5th, 2019

2019 - Last North American International Auto Show - as we've known it.

Filled with sprawling displays of gleaming sheet metal and enough spotlights to illuminate the International Space Station, this was the final chilly, Detroit Auto Show in January. 2019 lacked the European media-hustle excitement, which left extra space for other exhibitors.
      Next year the Grand Experiment begins, moving show dates to June and using the Cobo Center rooftop and multiple venues spread throughout downtown Detroit to showcase the best in cars, trucks, crossovers, SUVs, SAVs, mobility pods and platforms. 2020 will be interesting, to say the least.

We've done the General Motors story, this is the rest of the best.

Ford kicked off the show, bringing their all-new 2020 Explorer to an early debut at Ford Field. Hmm, plenty of space under the dome! At Cobo Center, there were the new Explorer, new Mustang GT500, infused with a supercharged V-8 making over 700 horsepower with a 0-60 time a tick over three seconds, and the latest Ford F-150 Raptor, all brightly colored for maximum exposure. Interestingly, even on limited-attendance media days the Ford layout felt cramped. 

The 2020 Explorer will use EcoBoost turbo power, either a 2.3L base engine or more powerful 3.0L depending on your needs and your credit union's scorecard. It's a rear-wheel drive platform, with AWD available. To me there's not a substantial change anywhere except the front-end, which is more like Fusion or Focus, which is not a bad thing.

FCA's RAM division challenged its cross-town rivals with an all-new RAM Heavy Duty 2500 and RAM Heavy Duty 3500 which the brand says, "Out-powers, out-tows and out-hauls every other pickup available." Why? It's thanks to an update Cummins 6.7-liter high output turbo-diesel that breaks the 1,000 lb.-ft. torque barrier for standard pickups. If you want all of those torques, you'll have to order a two-wheel drive model equipped with proper equipment. Then your Ram will be rated to tow 35,100 pounds and deliver a 7,680-pound payload. Ram's media briefing was all about axles, transfer cases, suspension, brakes and transmissions, AKA gear-head heaven and real news.

GAC, will likely the first Chinese automaker to deliver cars to the USA, and have multiple dealerships (we discount supercars and tiny e-cars.) They brought a non-concept concept called ENTRANZE. It seats 3+2+2 in a pod-like configuration. Of course the vehicle is electric, and a version of this shape/size/configuration will be released by GAC later in 2019 for the Chinese market. GAC will soon open a North American headquarters in California. They also displayed a full lineup of sedans and small-and-larger crossovers; these guys are for real, even if we don’t find most of their current lineup visually appealing.

Ford and VW held a teleconference announcing a partnership to collaborate on a products and technologies. Likely, VW wants to take advantage of Ford's truck expertise while Ford could rapidly benefit  from Volkswagen's advanced electric platforms and autonomous vehicle research. How this shakes out is yet unknown and details are conspicuously-but not unexpectedly-absent.

The handsome Lincoln Continental 80th Anniversary Coach Door Edition, designed to remind us of Lincoln's heritage with center-opening doors and a luxury interior featuring Alcantara, was one of the best-looking vehicles on the floor. And the Continental delivers more than a sophisticated exterior, as under the hood you can option a hybrid version of the twin-turbo EcoBoost 3.0-liter V-6. By combining the EcoBoost with hybrid technology, it produces a respectable 450 horsepower and 600 lb.-ft. of torque. Get into line with a bank draft, only 80 will be produced.

Arguably the most-anticipated introduction was Toyota's new Supra. The 2020 GR Supra is the first global model developed by Toyota GAZOO Racing, the international umbrella for Toyota's global motorsport program. Built on a chassis shared with BMW's Z4, Supra comes in two models, Base and Premium, with a third Launch Edition based on the Premium limited to 1,500 cars. Those get signatures from Akio Toyoda on carbon fiber for display in your office. However, the base model looks like the better bet. It has the same 300-hp. engine, grippy Alcantara seats (versus leather) and a low-low entry price of $50,920. Car-loving journalists agreed, it has better looks and more impact than Margot Robbie or Gal Gadot. 

Lexus brought it's RC F Track Edition, which has been upgraded and with a refreshed body. Meant for performance enthusiasts, add a set of tires and extra brake pads and you, too, Can't Drive 55, or have a good weekend of racing. Also, the company displayed a "concept" LC Convertible, a very sexy and meant-for-sunshine-weekend-weather touring. It awaits a decision on soft top or folding hardtop; well, that's what we think.

For family buyers, Volkswagen introduced a new Passat, which could look a bit more like the Arteon concept, in our opinion. However, Passats are meant for driving, not display, so look for aggressive pricing and "German Engineering" adverts to follow. Also look for significantly upgraded features added to the brands already-good ride and handling. As their Atlas CUV has great lane keeping and VW's excellent telematics system, we expect Passat to be well received by couples and families.

Nothing says Auto Show like CONCEPT CARS. Real concepts, even if they somewhat foreshadow the styling of future product. No production-intent cut lines, no perfect rubber gaskets with part numbers. Real. For several years Nissan and Infiniti have provided winners, 2019 was no exception.

The Infiniti QX Inspiration is, of course an electrified vehicle that hints at Infiniti's upcoming EV architecture. There is, according to the company, intent to build, though likely with conventional doors to meet safety regulations. Like other EVs, there's a "skateboard" modular base with e-motors on each axle, which generates all-wheel drive. The QX Inspiration took three of EyesOn Design's awards— Best Concept Vehicle, Best Designed Interior and Best Use of Color, Graphics or Materials

Nissan brought the IM purely electric sedan with its odd 2+1+2 seating arrangement. Nissan says IM stands for "Intelligent Mobility". With power estimated at 483 horsepower and 590 lb.-ft. of torque, the battery pack extends range to 380 miles, eliminating any range anxiety. It’s low, has a fantastic paint job, and a video-only instrument/infotainment panel sweeping across the dashboard. 

Subaru, home of family cars and the wonderful Subaru WRX and WRX STI boy-racers, brought to the USA, for the first time, the STI S209, a full-on racecar wrapped into an STI body. Subaru Technica International is Subaru's race shop and skunk works. Everything is hand-built or hand-assembled, including the 200 S209's that will be sent to the USA. While 341 horsepower from the boxer engine might sound small, competitors around the world have been looking at the taillights in multiple racing venues.

Kia brought its new Telluride three-row crossover to Detroit, putting it on display and on an interior hill-climb track, the first at NAIAS. Appearance is sportier than the soon-to-come Hyundai Palisade, and Kia's theme echoed that with an active lifestyle display complete with ski racks and kayaks. 

Hyundai showed an enhancement to their N Line of performance vehicles. Available to you and me Really Soon, the Elantra GT N Line combines sportier trim elements with refinements to the chassis and powertrain. Think "BMW M that I can afford." Their first N Line racecar, the Veloster N TCR, will compete in IMSA Michelin Pilot Challenge race, beginning with the 2019 Rolex 24 Hours at Daytona.

• By z1boss
      Having just passed 10k miles this week, I thought I would offer my opinion on how I feel about the truck so far.

Background:
      I special ordered my LT Trail Boss back in May 2018 and picked it up in September 2018.  I have almost every option that you can order on it except the sunroof (would have delayed my production at the time).  My truck was built the very first week of production (7/09/2018) and is one of only a small handful of Red Silverados, if not the only one, to receive the Gideon/Dark Atmosphere leather interior as that color was changed to not an option for Red Silverados on the second week of production.  Within the first week or two of receiving it, I installed a custom Electronic Cutout System for my exhaust, Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ 33.5x12.5R20 mud tires, an Undercover Ultra Flex tonneau cover, and vinyl wrapped the scoop portion of my hood.

Review:
      Honestly, I can't believe its been 10k miles already and those miles have flown by without any major issues.  I will start with the few issues I have experienced.  For the first two months, I had Bluetooth connectivity issues where my phone would randomly disconnect and reconnect multiple times a day.  This was fixed in November by software update V507 and has not reoccurred, knock on wood.  I also have had Service ESC and Service Parking Brake lights (not at the same time) come up randomly a couple of times but they went away on their own the next time I started the car.  Other than these two issues, the truck has been great.   It has 110% met and exceeded my expectations.  It drives great, its quiet (when the exhaust cutout is closed), its smoother than my K2 was, and it turns a lot of heads.  The interior is beautiful and well laid-out, with tons of room in the back seat (Crew Cab) and very comfortable seats for long trips.  The Bose surround sound with subwoofer kicks butt and delivers crystal clear, crisp sound.  The Blind Spot monitors and Rear Traffic Alert (Safety Package I) work great and have saved my butt many times already.  The 5.3 is much quicker and more agile than my K2 was and the 8 speed is a definite improvement.  The new Dynamic Fuel Management is seamless and unnoticeable.  I am averaging 14-16 mpg city and 16-18 mpg highway, with an all-time high of 21 mpg on a specific highway trip I took and that's pretty good in my book for a lifted brick with mud tires.  This past weekend I went on a ski trip in Up North Michigan (Harbor Spring, MI) and we received 10-12 inches of snow in the 3 days I was there on top of the 2 ft that was already there.  The Trail Boss handled it with no issue and made it up the steep, winding, snow-covered road to our hill-side cabin like it was driving on straight, dry pavement.  I have yet to do any major offroading but during the light offroading that I have done here and there, it performed excellently.  I did punch the gas on one little hill and got some air (about 1-2 ft off the ground) and the suspension absorbed the landing nicely.  I look forward to testing its capabilities more this summer.  The short bed is much bigger in this generation and I honestly haven't noticed any reduced space issues when loading my truck (my K2 had the standard 6.4 ft bed).  Also, the oil is much easier to change since they freed up the space around the filter and plug, making oil changes a breeze.  Overall, I am very blessed to have this great truck and couldn't be happier.  No one pressured me to write this review, nor did GM have any contact with me about it.  This is my honest opinion on how I feel about the truck and I hope this review helps anyone thinking about buying one to make the right decision for them.

If anyone has any specific questions at all, please feel free to ask.