2 hours ago, shift_grind said:

Love that truck.  I would have to turn down the chrome a little though.  I'd like to see it with the LT grill.

Chrome would be the only thing looking good after 200k on it......just saying!

I think the biggest mistake is that GM isn't allowing the 6.2 in the lower model trucks or the Trailboss.  Now that Ford is putting the Raptor engine in the standard F150 I think it will help it sell even more. 

Who knows what GM will do for 2020 and beyond .

Not to mention it has been brought to my attention that these new models are locked down solid. As in nobody can tune them at all and that even to come later on you will not even be able to put a different radio in them.  That will kill the aftermarket for these in the ways of even putting on larger tires if it didn't come from the factory.

The automotive industry some years back tried to sue in order to have the monopoly over all repairs and accessories being sold and installed on their vehicles because their billion dollar profits aren’t enough, now they want to make it extremely difficult for any of us to take their new vehicles anywhere else other than dealerships. Btw, they lost their suit and this is why they’re going to such lock down extremes. This is one of the reasons I jumped on the 2018, last year of freedom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, mookdoc6 said:

Chrome would be the only thing looking good after 200k on it......just saying!

That's the main attraction for chrome bumpers.  Otherwise I prefer painted.  I don't think the upper and lower inserts being the black ones they use on the LT / RST models would wear though.

Just now, TXGREEK said:

The automotive industry some years back tried to sue in order to have the monopoly over all repairs and accessories being sold and installed on their vehicles because their billion dollar profits aren’t enough, now they want to make it extremely difficult for any of us to take their new vehicles anywhere else other than dealerships. Btw, they lost their suit and this is why they’re going to such lock down extremes. This is one of the reasons I jumped on the 2018, last year of freedom.

People have called the XXXX year vehicle the last year of freedom for the last 50 years.  

• Like 1

People have called the XXXX year vehicle the last year of freedom for the last 50 years.  

Rising gas prices making everyone “have to” look for more economical vehicles and the epa making harsh restrictions causing these new robot vehicles controlled by the government. Both of our new vehicles had something already programmed through onstar allowing our driving habits to be reported to onstar which in turn your insurance company will see as well as the government and hackers no doubt.

I removed the spy from both vehicles.

17 minutes ago, TXGREEK said:

Rising gas prices making everyone “have to” look for more economical vehicles and the epa making harsh restrictions causing these new robot vehicles controlled by the government. Both of our new vehicles had something already programmed through onstar allowing our driving habits to be reported to onstar which in turn your insurance company will see as well as the government and hackers no doubt.

I removed the spy from both vehicles.

I actually run an app on my smartphone that monitors my driving and reports back to my insurance company.  It has given me a 25% reduction in insurance premiums.  When you pay $1.1k a year for insurance, a 25% reduction is worth driving like a law abiding citizen.  Since it is tied to me, and not my vehicle, I have the ability to change the trip, to being on my motorcycle where they do not have an algorithm built for bikes, so the trip is excluded.  

I find driving within the law entertaining. 

What's with the paranoia regarding somebody wanting to watch your activity. There are 350 million people in the USA, you really think you would make the short list? 

39 minutes ago, TXGREEK said:

Do you have a link to that lawsuit? 

9 minutes ago, Doug_Scott said:

I actually run an app on my smartphone that monitors my driving and reports back to my insurance company.  It has given me a 25% reduction in insurance premiums.  When you pay $1.1k a year for insurance, a 25% reduction is worth driving like a law abiding citizen.  Since it is tied to me, and not my vehicle, I have the ability to change the trip, to being on my motorcycle where they do not have an algorithm built for bikes, so the trip is excluded.  

What's with the paranoia regarding somebody wanting to watch your activity. There are 350 million people in the USA, you really think you would make the short list? 

It's the principle of it all, Doug. Our country was founded upon personal freedom - these types of surveillance fly right in the faces of our Founding Fathers. We have a Constitution written to uphold these freedoms, but a certain group of folks have nearly succeeded in brainwashing the populace into believing it's an "old relic", and that it's ok to ignore it.

The government, or ANYONE, has NO BUSINESS WHATSOEVER looking into any aspect of my life!

Edited by Jsdirt
  • Thanks 1

Do you have a link to that lawsuit? 

Here’s a bit I found online but I’m sure anyone can dig up a lot more, I remember seeing it on the news a few years back.

https://jalopnik.com/carmakers-want-to-make-working-on-your-car-illegal-beca-1699132210

I remember now. Not sure if that John Deere case was related to this ... but a farmer purchased a $500,000 combine, and when they started having trouble, they inquired J/D about service info. J/D's response was basically, we own the software - it is ours, and you can't have it. This also touched off a lawsuit.

Seemed to be a trend during the last administration ... :sick:

Here's a more recent case:  https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2017/mar/06/nebraska-farmers-right-to-repair-john-deere-apple

Edited by Jsdirt
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Grumpy Bear said:

Told the wife some years ago after the bailouts; "When they can no longer find ways to earn my money they will devise ways to STEAL it legally". She thought me a nut then...not so much now.  They however I meant in a much larger context but this is a good example. Extortion it is then. These prices are twice what I paid for my 2015!!! No sir, they are NOT twice the truck. This isn't the first time this has been tried. Remember the early 70's? Locked us out of your cars....for a while.....better computer tech now. Maybe it will stick. 

Don't recall any lockout in the 70s.  What are you referring to?  Whenever there is a new technology there is the panic from those that depend on buying a tool to make changes.  The people with the time and patience always seem to find a way in.  I have no problem with GM cutting warranty if I modify the ECM.  It's simply too easy to screw an engine up these days. 

Invasion of privacy for one thing. We’re constantly being watched whether you know it or not, Samsung got sued cause their TVs came with mics on them listening to the surroundings and Samsung claimed it was in order to give better feed back especially while you’re making Whoopi with your partner. Lexi same thing, amazon expressed same interest, all for better customer service etc etc etc! Your smart phone asks whether it’s ok to let the maker communicate with your phone in order to make better phones...why not just make a better phone and listen to reviews???? Cause programs used for spying are literally in almost every electronic device we now have. There’s no conspiracy, it’s out in the open. I just don’t want someone telling me what I can or cannot do, buy, etc... we live in The United States of America not Russia or other dictatorship run country.

Btw, I change insurance companies before anyone receiving my personal habits or whereabouts and then selling that info to third parties.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Don't recall any lockout in the 70s.  What are you referring to?  Whenever there is a new technology there is the panic from those that depend on buying a tool to make changes.  The people with the time and patience always seem to find a way in.  I have no problem with GM cutting warranty if I modify the ECM.  It's simply too easy to screw an engine up these days. 

Not about your personal mods, it’s about the right to be a to mod and your local repair shop not having to pay royalties or getting in trouble for working on it.