On ‎8‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 10:04 AM, MaverickZ71 said:

Case in point:

2006: The new 6-speed transmission is great!

2014: That old 6-speed was junk!  But the new 8-speed is great!!

2017: That old 8-speed was trash!  But the new 10-speed is fantastic!!!

Explain something to me. If this years truck is 'light years' ahead of the K2 isn't that an admission the K2 was a known piece of junk? What is it that was improved that wasn't deficient in the K2**'s? I thought they were perfect according to the claims rejections for warranty work and denied customer complains.

Oh....Shinny!! New!!!! Crows at sunrise that forgot what yesterday looked like. Get a grip. You cheated me before and what me to buy this years 'perfect'? Good luck with that.

What's it going to be next product cycle? 32 speed triple turbo NPG 1 liter One ton's?  

• Like 1

Maybe the dashboards will start cracking before they leave the showroom this time? :lol:

• Haha 1

On 15/08/2018 at 3:50 PM, TXGREEK said:

Invasion of privacy for one thing. We’re constantly being watched whether you know it or not, Samsung got sued cause their TVs came with mics on them listening to the surroundings and Samsung claimed it was in order to give better feed back especially while you’re making Whoopi with your partner. Lexi same thing, amazon expressed same interest, all for better customer service etc etc etc! Your smart phone asks whether it’s ok to let the maker communicate with your phone in order to make better phones...why not just make a better phone and listen to reviews???? Cause programs used for spying are literally in almost every electronic device we now have. There’s no conspiracy, it’s out in the open. I just don’t want someone telling me what I can or cannot do, buy, etc... we live in The United States of America not Russia or other dictatorship run country.

Btw, I change insurance companies before anyone receiving my personal habits or whereabouts and then selling that info to third parties.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I missed something in my first reply to this, Samsung did not get sued, nor has any others of the ones mentioned.  Don't know where you got the idea they did, but, you simply accepting something like that without doing a simple google search to authenticate the story is a result of living in fear, not freedom.  

BTW, allowing my insurance company to use my smart phone to monitor my driving for 1,000km has resulted in a $268 refund on my insurance premium.  My monitoring window ended last week.  If I didn't want them watching where I was going it was quite simple to get around.  Put my Sim into my Nokia windows phone and go where I wanted to, and drive as badly as I wanted.  If I need to do this again at renewal time, I will do it again. Hopefully they will apply this to my bike insurance. 

I missed something in my first reply to this, Samsung did not get sued, nor has any others of the ones mentioned.  Don't know where you got the idea they did, but, you simply accepting something like that without doing a simple google search to authenticate the story is a result of living in fear, not freedom.  

BTW, allowing my insurance company to use my smart phone to monitor my driving for 1,000km has resulted in a $268 refund on my insurance premium.  My monitoring window ended last week.  If I didn't want them watching where I was going it was quite simple to get around.  Put my Sim into my Nokia windows phone and go where I wanted to, and drive as badly as I wanted.  If I need to do this again at renewal time, I will do it again. Hopefully they will apply this to my bike insurance. 

You’re one of the very very few that’s ok with being monitored in order to save a few bucks.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/nicolenguyen/here-are-the-privacy-settings-you-should-look-at-if-you-have?utm_term=.nczbY9Ezkz#.txPE5dGjnj

We don't live in fear in America, Doug. We can take care of ourselves.

• Like 1

On 8/15/2018 at 3:02 PM, DEV1ST8R said:

Washington State is exploring the idea of replacing the current gas tax for road funding with a pay-per-mile system via GPS tracking. From there it's a short trip to the government adjusting the cost of your trip to push their agenda, or dictate what trips they deem to be necessary and when they deem them necessary. With Seattle leading the charge, the DOT would much rather see people on bikes, busses or trains and not driving their own automobiles. From there, why not instant speeding tickets? Are you now a suspect of a crime because you were within a mile radius?

I’m guessing that pay-per-mile is not very far into our future.   I haven’t totally thought this through but I’m kinda thinking some sort of two-track system may have merit.  One track being the current method where we pay a road tax at the gas pump whereas by default heavier vehicles pay more per miles driven because their mpg is lower due to weight, gearing, etc.  the other track would be for EV’s and perhaps hybrids which burns zero gas in the case of Ev’s or in the case of hybrids significantly less.  Anyway, especially EV’s are getting off totally free on road use cost.  As they continue to grow in popularity an equitable solution will have to be found. 

We don't live in fear in America, Doug. We can take care of ourselves.

America was created by those and for those that like to live their lives outside of the box! America is not a good place to live if you’re used to being told what and what not to do. And this is why America is the most powerful country on the planet. God Bless The United States of America and all those who defend the Constitution of The United States of America [emoji631]

• Like 1

This thread has run off into the ditch........BIG GUBMNT' IS A WATCHIN' ME!  Get over it guys......The bottom line is these new Chevys are ugly ass.......Forcing me into the loving arms of Dodge......No I don't acknowledge RAM as a name......I just can not believe Chevy dropped this turd on us.......It's laughable.