Chevy Drops 6.2L Into More Tahoe & Suburban Models

Zane

Maybe if you looking at the RST package vs the Durango, but then you could also look at the Cherokee SRT,. Thats a different class

I actually set out to get the 6.2L in the suburban in 2015. But the only way to get the 6.2 and the 8 speed transmission, Magnetic ride control was to bump up to the Denali package on the Yukon XL. I knew I would be towing with it, and the 5.3 in my 2000 tahoe was weak. Even when I test drove the newer 5.3 and 6 speed trans. There was no comparison to the 6.2 with the 8 speed. The magnetic ride control is also worth getting. A to more stable going down the road towing. No sway.  I would think the 10 speed would be even better. But best to make sure there are no bugs, and wait a year IMO. 

BULLIT65

Those both are certainly possibilities, and I especially like the power of the SRT Cherokee and the interior is not to shabby either. I really need the extra power, space and comfortable seating capacity of the GM/Ford large SUV's offerings and having my preference I still prefer a real frame over a unibody. I had a anemic Expedition King Ranch with a 5.4 six speed and appreciate and understand the under powered SUV's pulling a trailer and needing to pass but not having the power available to do it safely. I bought because of the interior colors  was just perfect to me. They don't offer the King Ranch in the Expy anymore. The 6.2 will pull my 8,500 lb trailer up the mountain just fine and descend it better with this new gearbox better than I thought would ever be possible. Ford and GM both share this 10 speed according to my information. I never thought that would be possible either.

KARNUT

Thank you, that Durango is a possibility along with the Cherokee SRT. The Durango in Black looks good! I do need the extra space though and the towing capacity for a 8,500 pound trailer. No, I don't tow it everyday and could just rent a full sized truck when I needed it.  What ever happened to that large SUV that Chrysler made for a year or two with the Hemi? I am guessing that Chrysler stopped making them for poor sales? At the time a while back it was on my list. Another large SUV producer like Chrysler would make Ford and GM send better equipment and updates faster to their large SUV product line. Competition. Was it called Chrysler Aspen or something like that?

1 hour ago, STEVEN A said:

SILVER SLED

One could surely same the same about you.

Are you always this nasty when you reply to other people's comments? Do you always feel the need to insult others? Take your meds. You need a further check up from the neck up.

So I'll take that as a yes.  

BULLIT65

12 hours ago, BULLITT65 said:

Wow, I paid less for my Yukon Denali XL , than that 74k .

You get way more luxury with the GMC. The 6.2 is a beast. No comparison between it, and the Ford, or even the ole 5.3. It will be interesting to see what the new navigator will step up with for power.

So did I and I could not agree with you more on the GMC. Was the Ford a 5.3 or 5.4, not that it matters anyway. Either way a 5.3 or 5.4, it was for me one sorry excuse for a V-8. I took it to a couple speed shops and they had few ways of making that Ford engine any significantly better without major renovations to it and even then I was told just to find something with a bigger motor. I'm glad I waited for the 6.2.

Next year those Chevy's listing for 74,000 plus will be umpteen % off list like they are now. That could be a game changer if I am still in the market.

3 minutes ago, SILVER SLED said:

So I'll take that as a yes.  

What are you? The official cyber bully on here? What is your main problem? Why is it that you feel the need to belittle and personally attack me for no reason? Let me guess, your spouse left you and you live paycheck to paycheck and believe that You and Trump will make America great again by bullying, lying and abusing our vets, women and anyone else not just like him. You act like this and still wonder why your life has gone so wrong. Grow up!

I certainly hope others will take the time and report you to the moderator like I am going to do. Hopefully they will ban you.

There is no possible reason for this harassment from you, it serves no purpose but to make you feel better about yourself and situation.

You stoop so low to only bully those online because you don't have the courage to face me or anyone else.

22 minutes ago, STEVEN A said:

What are you? The official cyber bully on here? What is your main problem? Why is it that you feel the need to belittle and personally attack me for no reason? Let me guess, your spouse left you and you live paycheck to paycheck and believe that You and Trump will make America great again by bullying, lying and abusing our vets, women and anyone else not just like him. You act like this and still wonder why your life has gone so wrong. Grow up!

I certainly hope others will take the time and report you to the moderator like I am going to do. Hopefully they will ban you.

There is no possible reason for this harassment from you, it serves no purpose but to make you feel better about yourself and situation.

You stoop so low to only bully those online because you don't have the courage to face me or anyone else.

Wow, it must be really bad.

6 minutes ago, SILVER SLED said:

Wow, it must be really bad.

What are you ? Some kind of a Ohio online pervert too?  Nothing else could explain the continued interest. You have a strange way of online soliciting. No thanks dude, I don't go that way.

I have been dead right on target about you all along. Just a social deviant. Don't bother contacting me again the answer will still be no.

6 hours ago, BULLITT65 said:

Maybe if you looking at the RST package vs the Durango, but then you could also look at the Cherokee SRT,. Thats a different class

I actually set out to get the 6.2L in the suburban in 2015. But the only way to get the 6.2 and the 8 speed transmission, Magnetic ride control was to bump up to the Denali package on the Yukon XL. I knew I would be towing with it, and the 5.3 in my 2000 tahoe was weak. Even when I test drove the newer 5.3 and 6 speed trans. There was no comparison to the 6.2 with the 8 speed. The magnetic ride control is also worth getting. A to more stable going down the road towing. No sway.  I would think the 10 speed would be even better. But best to make sure there are no bugs, and wait a year IMO. 

The newer gearbox is so much 

Ok, leave the Trumpster out of this. My IRA is going through the roof, my home value too and my old family business has doubled the employees in just a year in a half. I’ll take the salty language.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, KARNUT said:

Ok, leave the Trumpster out of this. My IRA is going through the roof, my home value too and my old family business has doubled the employees in just a year in a half. I’ll take the salty language.

Mine is too, double digits! If this message went to you to I apologize for that. I was trying to reply to some pervert on here.

Mine is too, double digits! If this message went to you to I apologize for that. I was trying to reply to some pervert on here.

Just a little comic relief to calm things down a-bit.

Back on topic.

I think it's always a good thing when GM gives us more options.  But it has to be a logistical nightmare to manage all these configurations.  What works with what. What doesn't work with what. How parts come from all over the world to a production line.  Maybe Zane could convince GM to do a "How it's made" show, more about the ordering and logistics,  but not so much about the actual assembly.

On 2018-08-22 at 7:50 AM, KARNUT said:

I’d have to take a look at SRT Durango, faster, less money.

That’s why I bought a Ram, got the Hemi in the exact trim that I wanted.

Do not regret it for one bit!