how much of a over bore will the L83 take

Diamond offers a 3.800 piston for the l83. All things considered, probably just be cheaper and faster to supercharge. Alternatively, a 6.2 swap could be done for probably the same price to pull, bore and assemble, assuming you sell your 5.3

I seemed to remember reading somewhere the sleeves didn't lend much to boring and it would have to be resleeved with a costly process.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, hizzo3 said:

Diamond offers a 3.800 piston for the l83. All things considered, probably just be cheaper and faster to supercharge. Alternatively, a 6.2 swap could be done for probably the same price to pull, bore and assemble, assuming you sell your 5.3

I seemed to remember reading somewhere the sleeves didn't lend much to boring and it would have to be resleeved with a costly process.

thanks,, not looking to run a bigger bore (4"+) & i'm constrained to the 5.3 stock block, i was thinking it was (hopefully) as the GenIV with a max (unsupercharged) at 3.92m still good to know, and thats with out resleaving?

8 minutes ago, hizzo3 said:

Is this for a race application? Can you run E85? That is by far the cheapest power adder. Sensor, line and tune.

yup and nitro too, realy, im looking to stick with a GenV 5.3 block an heads.