3 minutes ago, Darmichar said:

I wasn't a fan of the '19's so I figured I'd take a shot at getting the last of this body style.  They slid the third try at a number across the desk and it was a no-brainer.  Ended up walking out paying $9 more a month for this truck than I was for my '14 and I went from LT to LTZ in the process.

That is so funny, literally describing how it went for me! My biggest point of contention was what they wanted to give me for my truck because I already had them exactly where I wanted them on the new one, financed it for 48 months instead of the 60 I was at and my payment only went up $125 a month. I am very happy with the purchase, only thing has been going from the GMC to the Chevy but I'm working through it lol

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Alrighty, here we go...get ready for a bunch of updates! 

Update 1: Finally got the windows tinted, we did 0% on both back windows and back glass, 15% on the front two windows, and a 5% strip on the windshield. I think it looks a whole lot better myself, never been a fan of the "fish tank" lol

IMG_0365.jpg

IMG_0367.jpg

Edited by TyGriff13
  • Like 1

Update 3: I was on the fence with this one for quite some time but I finally decided to pull the trigger and make my truck sound like a truck! I've gotta say I am very glad that I did. Carven exhaust was a new find for me and I have gotta say I am really impressed with the quality of the exhaust, the ease of installation, and the sound is spectacular. When @ low speeds and driving around town she's throaty and mean but get it up to highway speeds, I usually run the cruise on 80 (Texas speed limit is 75) and it really quiets down and there is little to no drone in the cab. 

I have had Flomaster, Borla, Magnaflow, etc...I have covered the basis on exhaust systems and this one is the real deal.

IMG_0517.jpg

IMG_0515.jpg

Update 3 continued: I did the install of the exhaust system myself, in the garage with no lift, no jack, nothing. I have got to say it was a bit more difficult than expected, the only hard part of this process was getting the stock exhaust off and man oh man was it a booger! I ended up going to Advance Auto and getting one of the exhaust pipe cutter tools and I have gotta say that thing did the trick! I was very skeptical of it at first and it was a hell of a workout but after some force and a lot of turning, it made an incredibly clean cut and I was able to slide the stock exhaust off with ease...I won't tell you how long I laid on my back and tried to slide the stock exhaust off without cutting it...it was a long time. I also won't tell you how much my Uber cost to get to Advance because my stock exhaust was stuck under the truck completely unattached. 

But after it was on I fired that thing up and it was worth every minute!! She sounds MEAN. 

Carven Single Side Exit Competitor Series...thoroughly impressed with every aspect of this exhaust! 

IMG_0519.jpg

IMG_0518.jpg

• Like 1

Inside of this nondescript box lies our next mod! This one I have got to admit I am excited about...hope to have this one done by the 1st of December! I will keep y’all updated as we must send it back out to complete one other step before installing it. 

IMG_0578.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/19/2018 at 11:29 AM, TyGriff13 said:

Inside of this nondescript box lies our next mod! This one I have got to admit I am excited about...hope to have this one done by the 1st of December! I will keep y’all updated as we must send it back out to complete one other step before installing it. 

IMG_0578.jpg

Nothing yet? Come on... Tell us whats in the box!!!

• Like 1

On 12/2/2018 at 6:36 PM, Darksky said:

Update? You’ve kept us in suspense long enough...

11 hours ago, RACERX7775 said:

Nothing yet? Come on... Tell us whats in the box!!!

I know, I know...the suspense is killing me too! We had a small issue delaying us but I just got an email last night that it is on its way back! Rest assured it will be installed as soon as it gets here! Plus I have another small update I plan on posting as well! 

11 hours ago, RACERX7775 said:

Ooooo. Is it a Denali dash cluster??

Well I can't tell you now it'll ruin the surprise! Not much longer I promise.

Just look at it and all its glory! Probably one of the easiest installs I've ever done and it was truly plug and play all thanks to Mr. Chris White ( @GTPprix ). Everything works as expected and it looks like it should've looked coming from the factory on an LTZ. The only thing that I noticed that made me chuckle was the fact that the off road screen shows a Tahoe instead of a truck but things could be far worse! Very happy with this easy and great mod that really sets it apart. 

IMG_0599.thumb.jpg.689d8f21318754e202cf2c1671c78bfa.jpg