Reg Cab 2019

On 10/30/2018 at 1:51 PM, Sierra Dan said:

My '94 was around 24K if memory serves me correct.

A comparably equipped 2018 is around the 40k mark for an LT package today.

I would not spend that for a Reg. Cab Short Bed

A recent search only yielded about 200 of them within a 500 mile radius.

This also includes Standard Bed Reg. Cabs..... so rare indeed they are!

I will not spend anything on a 4 door. I had no issues dropping $44,000 for my RCSB Sierra with the options I required. I would have dropped $55,000 if they would have made me a RCSB Denali. Heck, I would have spent $70,000 for a 6.2L 4x4 Denail RCSB. I will not buy any new truck that isn't a RCSB the minute they stop making them is the minute I never buy another new truck. Thats just me... I hate 4 door trucks. I dont need and dont want 4 doors. 

Your search included V6 long beds.... find loaded ones. Typically one in a 500 mile radius. 

Edited by frenchsquared
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, frenchsquared said:

Heck, I would have spent $70,000 for a 6.2L 4x4 Denail RCSB.

It's frustrating when you have a want, and cash in hand, but nobody to take it, eh?

For $70k though, you could probably pay somebody to do a Denali conversion of sorts, and get most of the Denali Features, or at least get a 6.2L swapped under the hood.

4 minutes ago, rkj__ said:

For $70k though, you could probably pay somebody to do a Denali conversion of sorts, and get most of the Denali Features, or at least get a 6.2L swapped under the hood.

I could do the swap myself. I strongly considered it. I am going to super charge the 5.3 instead and not spend the money. if GM built it I could finance it. If I have to built it, it takes cash. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

The GM Upfitter website still shows a RCSB but the drawings and schematics have "Not for public release" plastered over them. Makes me wonder if a decision to drop that model was made.

The GM Upfitter website still shows a RCSB but the drawings and schematics have "Not for public release" plastered over them. Makes me wonder if a decision to drop that model was made.

Could mean fleet/government only...?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

3 hours ago, pronstar said:

Could mean fleet/government only...?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I doubt that. It's almost like the drawings were supposed to be removed/redacted like when you see a classified government document released covered in black ink.

On 11/14/2018 at 3:40 PM, frenchsquared said:

I will not spend anything on a 4 door. I had no issues dropping $44,000 for my RCSB Sierra with the options I required. I would have dropped $55,000 if they would have made me a RCSB Denali. Heck, I would have spent $70,000 for a 6.2L 4x4 Denail RCSB. I will not buy any new truck that isn't a RCSB the minute they stop making them is the minute I never buy another new truck. Thats just me... I hate 4 door trucks. I dont need and dont want 4 doors. 

Your search included V6 long beds.... find loaded ones. Typically one in a 500 mile radius. 

I agree with ya, always loved the look of the rcsb trucks, however I do like having a little bit of storage space in the rear, so I've always gone with extended cabs.  I just don't understand the obsession with people driving the four door trucks, I always see one person a nobody riding with them.  Maybe they are just working and dont have family with them at the moment, but I know it usually is just myself and gf or occasionally might have a friend ride along but its short distance where the extended cab is fine. 

many times with rebates you could get a double cab as cheap or cheaper than a rcsb equipped with the limited options offered. Then as we all know most everyone buying new wants at least a double cab at the very least for the xtra seating capacity and or storage . The secondary market also is demanding basically the same . It all helps keep ''trade in'' or resale value higher. Marketing and buying trends left the rcsb with a very small hand to play in a game stacked against it sadly.

19 minutes ago, SuthrnZ71 said:

I agree with ya, always loved the look of the rcsb trucks, however I do like having a little bit of storage space in the rear, so I've always gone with extended cabs.  I just don't understand the obsession with people driving the four door trucks, I always see one person a nobody riding with them.  Maybe they are just working and dont have family with them at the moment, but I know it usually is just myself and gf or occasionally might have a friend ride along but its short distance where the extended cab is fine. 

I put bed covers on them. That way suitcases, bags tools and whatever fit in the bed. Not for everyone but works great for me. Ben driving RCSBs for 20+ years. I'm just use to it. 

• 1 year later...

Sorry to bring back  a old thread but .

Just found this thread. What makes me laugh more and more is when i go into lumber yard, where you have to have a Contractor account and even big box stores and you see people who are obviously contractors or work on my Industry and loading plywood into there so called truck and it sticks  3 foot past the bed or a ladder laying on the tailgate and roof of a BRAND NEW  DOUBLE CAB TRUCK. They obviously bought what they wanted not what they needed. 

I had to drive  70 miles to a Stealership in the middle of no place Indiana too get my  2020 Silverado Reg cab long bed. The trucks on the lots here are all  Feet type steel wheels , Crank windows and so on.  Mine has about all the options you can get in a WT Truck and cost more then some of the Custom  double cab trucks.    

I would never buy a Pickup truck without a  8 foot bed. ohh and its 8ft 2 inches  by the way. Lots of storage room behind the seats as well. 

I call it my Silver Unicorn truck because i have only seen one other in my area on the road.   

• Like 1