GM to offer a lift kit for the 2019 pickups.

From what I have been told there is a 2" lift kit that you can purchase from GM now to have installed on your new 2019 truck.  The kit includes the necessary programing to the electric power steering and to reconfigure the front camera module.

So at least now those that want to put a small lift on their truck and still have it covered under warranty can do so.  Just not sure on what size tires you can go with.  Probably nothing bigger than what is now offered on the Trail Boss and AT4.

• Like 2

Ya. 84314830  $1295.  Its basically the Trail Boss suspension in a kit, minus the look/wheels/other features.  Comes with different CV shafts, new front impact horn lowering adapter, taller front struts, longer rear shocks, rear spring spacers, taller jounce bumper mount, u-bolts/nuts, and longer reach bottle jack. 

Reprogramming of the EPS and front camera (if equipped) is INCLUDED in the price of the lift kit.  GM dealers will have a specific labor code they claim. 

Chevrolet Silverado 1500/GMC Sierra 1500 2” Lift Kit

Thank you for choosing Chevrolet Performance as your high performance source. Chevrolet Performance is committed to providing proven, innovative performance technology that is truly.... more than just power. Chevrolet Performance parts are engineered, developed and tested to exceed your expectations for fit and function. Please refer to our catalog for the Chevrolet Performance Authorized Center nearest you or visit our website at www.chevroletperformance.com.

These lift kits are available for T1 Chevrolet/GMC light duty pick-up trucks with passive suspension. Kits are not intended for install on trucks equipped with: MagneRide Suspension (Z45), Enhanced Towing Package (NHT), or Snow Plow Preparations (VYU).

It is not the intent of these specifications to replace the comprehensive and detailed service practices explained in the GM service manuals. For detailed installation instructions please look to the service manual for your specific vehicle.

GM service manuals are available from: Helm Incorporated PO Box 07130 Detroit, MI 48207

For information about warranty coverage, please contact your local Chevrolet Performance parts dealer.

Observe all safety precautions and warnings in the service manuals when installing this kit in any vehicle. Wear eye protection and appropriate protective clothing. Support the vehicle securely with jack stands when working under or around it. Use only the proper tools. Exercise extreme caution when working with flammable, corrosive, and hazardous liquids and materials. Some procedures require special equipment and skills. If you do not have the appropriate training, expertise, and tools to perform any part of this conversion safely, this work should be done by a professional.

The information contained in this publication is presented without any warranty. All the risk for its use is entirely assumed by the user. Specific component design, mechanical procedures, and the qualifications of individual readers are beyond control of the publisher, and therefore the publisher disclaims all liability incurred in connection with the use of the information provided in this publication.

Chevrolet, Chevy, the Chevrolet Bow Tie Emblem, General Motors, and GM are all Registered trademarks of the General Motors Corporation.

This kit includes a calibration update for the Electric Power Steering Controller and a reconfiguration for the Front Camera Module:

Reprogramming and reconfiguring is done with a Service Programming System at an Authorized GM Dealer. When reprogramming and reconfiguring, the GM dealer needs to call the Techline Customer Support Center (TCSC). The TCSC will provide a Vehicle Configuration Index (VCI). The VCI is good for only one specific Vehicle Identification Number (VIN). Call TCSC (1-800-828-6860) to obtain a VCI number. You must have the vehicle's VIN that will be upgraded and the following Authorization Code.

Note: The cost of re-programming and reconfiguring is included in the cost of this kit. The dealer is instructed to charge the calibration and configuration to Labor Code 0602558.

Sounds good but expensive since it is a dealer installed addition.

I am sure the aftermarket will be all over this soon.

A 33" tire is probably feasible with this 2" lift. Some rake would remain.

There is what appears to be a rake if you look at the AT4 and Trail Boss from the factory.

Since it not a "leveling" kit there is still more room up front to level, allowing clearance for a 33" tire.

Thanks for the info Nick and newdude!

Edited by Sierra Dan
added credit to newdude

Considering how much is in the kit I think $1295 is a damn good price.  Are we sure on the price? Plus install?

The trucks already have 33s no lift.   I heard a GM rep say 35s on the Trailboss, depending on wheel offset.  

Personally I think they sit pretty high already.  Maybe a 1" lift?

Edited by shift_grind
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, shift_grind said:

Considering how much is in the kit I think $1295 is a damn good price.  Are we sure on the price? Plus install?

The trucks already have 33s no lift.   I heard a GM rep say 35s on the Trailboss, depending on wheel offset.  

Personally I think they sit pretty high already.  Maybe a 1" lift?

$1295 is the kit price, which includes everything I listed above including the reprogramming.  It books 4.5 hours to install so if your local dealer has an accessory labor rate (we do) its typically a lesser $$$ than the standard shop rate.  So using our $80/hour accessory rate, installed price would be $1655 + tax.  $1295 for the kit, $360 in labor.  Again, that number can vary depending on what pricing other dealers may use.

1 hour ago, newdude said:

Ya. 84314830  $1295.  Its basically the Trail Boss suspension in a kit, minus the look/wheels/other features.  Comes with different CV shafts, new front impact horn lowering adapter, taller front struts, longer rear shocks, rear spring spacers, taller jounce bumper mount, u-bolts/nuts, and longer reach bottle jack. 

Reprogramming of the EPS and front camera (if equipped) is INCLUDED in the price of the lift kit.  GM dealers will have a specific labor code they claim. 

Where did you find this information? I thought it was just different shocks and struts with a basic puck lift kit on top of the front struts from the information I had seen. This sounds a lot better. Maybe worth doing right away while waiting for support from the aftermarket companies. 

1 hour ago, Shawnr487 said:

Where did you find this information? I thought it was just different shocks and struts with a basic puck lift kit on top of the front struts from the information I had seen. This sounds a lot better. Maybe worth doing right away while waiting for support from the aftermarket companies. 

Top secret LOL.

Looking through the instructions for the front strut.  They have you remove the stock assembly, disassemble it all.  You then take the new provided strut, and then install a new lower spring insulator, some sort of small bushing style spacer that goes around the center rod in the strut and new jounce bumper.  It re-uses the existing spring, upper insulator and strut mount. 

The bushing style spacer looks no more than an inch tall and is not much larger diameter than the strut rod (aka shiny metal center rod) that sits against the new jounce bumper, but there is no "leveling" or "puck" style lifting pieces involved with the kit.  I can only guess that they get the lift from the strut and maybe this spacer?  I think its mostly the strut that gets the gain though at least that's how it looks. 

I have yet to get at one of these to try and measure stuff up to compare a TB to a standard truck like an LT.

Via my source:

IMG_3197.jpg

IMG_3198.jpg

Edited by newdude
  • Like 2

Does it tell the Tech to re-aim the headlights?

I know it's only 2 inches of lift but if they don't lower the headlight aim you will blind oncoming traffic.  Hopefully GM Accessories was smart enough to include this in the labor rate/instructions.

1 hour ago, sk said:

Does it tell the Tech to re-aim the headlights?

I know it's only 2 inches of lift but if they don't lower the headlight aim you will blind oncoming traffic.  Hopefully GM Accessories was smart enough to include this in the labor rate/instructions.

If it's lifting the front and back the same amount little to nothing has to be adjusted.  

I can't imagine theybwent far enough to reprogram the camera and it never crossed their mind to consider the headlights.  

• Like 1

I have long thought that the higher the truck the lower the IQ of the driver and now GM is appealing to the lowest common denominator, again. Odd that RAM is adding dynamic spoilers to its trucks to improve fuel economy while the folks at GM are going in the opposite direction. Time will tell who is more right.

At least with the factory doing the lift one can hope that they will also add appropriate fenders and mud guards to protect the windshields of the cars behind these trucks as they speed down the road tossing rocks up into the air.

Edited by Wintersun

I have long thought that the higher the truck the lower the IQ of the driver and now GM is appealing to the lowest common denominator, again. Odd that RAM is adding dynamic spoilers to its trucks to improve fuel economy while the folks at GM are going in the opposite direction. Time will tell who is more right.

At least with the factory doing the lift one can hope that they will also add appropriate fenders and mud guards to protect the windshields of the cars behind these trucks as they speed down the road tossing rocks up into the air.

You obviously haven’t been updated to everything that’s been improved with the exterior body of GM. Go look at one, you’ll see they’ve already covered the added aerodynamic changes in order to achieve better fuel economy throughout which GM has already had aerodynamic fins for many years. They’re very impressive and the added lift option is a great addition to those of us that enjoy having added clearance while visiting hunting grounds or construction sights and not worrying about having warranty issues just to achieve a couple inches added ground clearance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Wintersun said:

I wouldn't think that the farmers and construction workers would agree.  If it wasn't for them you would not have food on the table or businesses to work/shop out of.  Try taking a RAM with dynamic spoilers and is low to the ground out in a field to fix a tractor or other piece of farm equipment, especially after a heavy rain.

Not everyone buys a truck to use as a daily driver.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Wintersun said:

It's unfortunate you think so low of someone with different taste and opinions than you.  Ram offers a lifted rebel too, btw. 

• Like 1

I wouldn't think that the farmers and construction workers would agree.  If it wasn't for them you would not have food on the table or businesses to work/shop out of.  Try taking a RAM with dynamic spoilers and is low to the ground out in a field to fix a tractor or other piece of farm equipment, especially after a heavy rain.

Not everyone buys a truck to use as a daily driver.

American Farmers ROCK!

• Like 3

It's unfortunate you think so low of someone with different taste and opinions than you.  Ram offers a lifted rebel too, btw. 

I wouldn’t take offense, takes all kinds of people in this world to make you who you are. Cutting down others in order to make an assumption clearly shows someone with a very low IQ. Takes money to own a truck yet alone a lifted one, some people would rather cut down those that have more.
God Bless America and all those who defend The Constitution of The United States of America [emoji631]

• Like 5