GM to offer a lift kit for the 2019 pickups.

New to forum and new Silerado LT owner. Contacted dealer about doing this lift and they refered me to an after market shop that does all their lifts. They gave me a quote for Readylift spacers and alignment for $500 that uses my Z71 suspension. Is this an inferior method to get 2" lift? If I find another dealer that does use the GM kit, did I waste money getting the Z71 package?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/19/2019 at 7:00 PM, HondaHawkGT said:

So this kit is only available on LTZ's and LT trims with the 2.7T? wtf?Screenshot_2019-04-19-18-58-08.thumb.png.4b31ec8fbf1799925d8c1421118346d4.png

X2 on this. I just ran into the same question. Why would composite leaf spring make a difference? On the accessories site, that’s what the restrictions cite. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I dont mean to Necro this thread. 

I called GMC hq they said this is an aftermarket parts. Not promoted by GMC? but the dealer I called again said it's backed by GMC. confused. 

If I get this lift for my SLT will my ride get worse? anything else I should consider?

2 hours ago, pupabruh said:

So is this sort of a factory lift? Basically an At4??? 

Yes, Trail Boss (Chevy) AT4 (GMC) is a factory lifted truck, you can buy the kit from GM for the non Trail Boss / AT4 trucks and achieve the same height as the the 2 trucks listed above. 

2 hours ago, eppieguy said:

Yes, Trail Boss (Chevy) AT4 (GMC) is a factory lifted truck, you can buy the kit from GM for the non Trail Boss / AT4 trucks and achieve the same height as the the 2 trucks listed above. 

Great. My ride quality will not get worse or will it? Currently have SLT got it yeatwrdayyesterday

You are getting different shocks and struts, not sure how they compare to what your truck came with. I’d go drive a AT4 with the same rim size as you currently have and judge for yourself as ride is very subjective and you’ll get tons of opinions from others.