Jump to content
  • Sign up for FREE! Become a GM-Trucks.com Member Today!

    In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

GM to offer a lift kit for the 2019 pickups.


Recommended Posts

Hi. Here are some pictures of my 2020 Sierra SLT after the GM 2 inch lift install. I know this has been mentioned but to clarify the alignment, reconfigure of front camera and install new electric power steering calibration are part of the package.

 

Came out great and definitely a different truck!

 

 

Sierra 2.jpg

Sierra 3.jpg

Sierra 5.jpg

IMG_7094.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/15/2019 at 8:31 AM, Race Neely said:

Sorry, don’t want to hijack this thread. Does anyone know if LTZ 3.0 duramax 4x4 can get the 2” lift? I just ordered the truck and the salesman did not know because it was not pulling the lift up on the gm accessory pages. I checked later and it is not pulling the lift up for any config it seems. I found some documents that mention it can not be nstalled on LT or LT 2wd 3.0. 

 

It isn’t a deal breaker for me, but it looks so bad ass. Hopefully with the 2” lift it can fit in 7ft door. 

I'm having my LTZ Z71 Duramax getting the GM 2" lift as we speak.  I'll post pictures when I pick it up Friday evening.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, ShadowMax20 said:

I'm having my LTZ Z71 Duramax getting the GM 2" lift as we speak.  I'll post pictures when I pick it up Friday evening.

Please post pictures! I have a LTZ diesel ordered and very interested in the gm lift. The dealer seems to not. Know if it could be installed on the 3.0. Guess it can. Congrats! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please post pictures! I have a LTZ diesel ordered and very interested in the gm lift. The dealer seems to not. Know if it could be installed on the 3.0. Guess it can. Congrats! 


There really shouldnt be a difference photo wise between what has been posted and a diesel truck I mean the engine is under the hood and doesn’t really affect the suspension


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/14/2020 at 10:09 PM, ausomecasey said:

Did you get your trail boss lift installed on your LTZ? Thanks!

Yes got the 2" lift installed by dealer. Wish the pics were taken with the truck parked in same spot.

Can only upload 4.8MB  these are after Pics

After11.jpg

after21.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Oldsbobo said:

Yes got the 2" lift installed by dealer. Wish the pics were taken with the truck parked in same spot.

Can only upload 4.8MB  these are after Pics

After11.jpg

after21.jpg

Nice, looks great! Notice any difference in ride quality? Also if you get a chance this weekend, could you get a measure for front fender to ground and rear fender to ground? I’m curious what kind of rake you have after the lift. I only have about 1.25” difference between the front and back on my stock LTZ. Thanks!

 

 Edit: Could you also get an after pic from the same angle as your before pic?! Sorry for so many requests! Haha

Edited by ausomecasey
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/24/2019 at 2:25 PM, James S said:

I went to the GM parts website and found the kit for $1068.38.  But upon reading the info, it states the kit is for the 2020 Silverado 1500 and the 2019 Sierra 1500. States it will not fit the 2019 Silverado 1500. Any thoughts or ideas on this?  And they are offering two kit with different part numbers both for 4wd 

Performance, Suspension Lift Trail Boss, 4WD      Part Number: 84629787

Performance, Suspension Lift Trail Boss, 4WD          Part Number: 84649981

 

Both of those are old part numbers. Current Part No. 84768243 fits 2019 Silverado 1500 4WD (except for the exclusions below) 

The 2-inch Suspension Lift cannot be installed on all regular cab trucks, 2019 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Custom Trail Boss and LT Trail Boss, all Max Trailering Package trucks (NHT), all Snow Plow Prep-equipped trucks (VYU), or any 2019 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 equipped with composite rear leaf springs (Chevrolet LT Trim with 5.3L V8 engine (L84) - Chevrolet LT Trim, Short Bed with 3.0L Turbo Diesel engine (LM2)

Original Part No. 84629787 was replaced by 84649981 which was then replaced by 84768243 on Chevys Accessory website for 4WD Silverados. 

 

Part No: 84649982 replaced 84629789 for 2WD Silverados

 

Other websites are still selling kits with old part numbers. Not sure if GM found a problem with the old ones and have adjusted the parts but I'd look for the most recent part number. 

 

Here's the link to the kit for my RST but you can change to your vehicle at the top to verify your current Part No. 

 

https://accessories.chevrolet.com/product/lift-suspension-upgrade-system-for-4wd-vehicles-84768243?year=2019&make=Chevrolet&model=Silverado 1500&modelId=491&body=Crew Cab Pickup&bodyId=22&wheel=Short Box&wheelId=651&trim=RST&trimId=4962&drive=4WD&driveId=8&engine=5.3L V8 GAS&engineId=2059&bodyNumDoors=5&categoryId=98004

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, DogMom said:
 

Both of those are old part numbers. Current Part No. 84768243 fits 2019 Silverado 1500 4WD (except for the exclusions below) 

The 2-inch Suspension Lift cannot be installed on all regular cab trucks, 2019 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Custom Trail Boss and LT Trail Boss, all Max Trailering Package trucks (NHT), all Snow Plow Prep-equipped trucks (VYU), or any 2019 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 equipped with composite rear leaf springs (Chevrolet LT Trim with 5.3L V8 engine (L84) - Chevrolet LT Trim, Short Bed with 3.0L Turbo Diesel engine (LM2)

Original Part No. 84629787 was replaced by 84649981 which was then replaced by 84768243 on Chevys Accessory website for 4WD Silverados. 

 

Part No: 84649982 replaced 84629789 for 2WD Silverados

 

Other websites are still selling kits with old part numbers. Not sure if GM found a problem with the old ones and have adjusted the parts but I'd look for the most recent part number. 

 

Here's the link to the kit for my RST but you can change to your vehicle at the top to verify your current Part No. 

 

https://accessories.chevrolet.com/product/lift-suspension-upgrade-system-for-4wd-vehicles-84768243?year=2019&make=Chevrolet&model=Silverado 1500&modelId=491&body=Crew Cab Pickup&bodyId=22&wheel=Short Box&wheelId=651&trim=RST&trimId=4962&drive=4WD&driveId=8&engine=5.3L V8 GAS&engineId=2059&bodyNumDoors=5&categoryId=98004

Thanks, good catch on part number differences. I wonder what has changed...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 
Both of those are old part numbers. Current Part No. 84768243 fits 2019 Silverado 1500 4WD (except for the exclusions below) 
The 2-inch Suspension Lift cannot be installed on all regular cab trucks, 2019 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Custom Trail Boss and LT Trail Boss, all Max Trailering Package trucks (NHT), all Snow Plow Prep-equipped trucks (VYU), or any 2019 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 equipped with composite rear leaf springs (Chevrolet LT Trim with 5.3L V8 engine (L84) - Chevrolet LT Trim, Short Bed with 3.0L Turbo Diesel engine (LM2)
Original Part No. 84629787 was replaced by 84649981 which was then replaced by 84768243 on Chevys Accessory website for 4WD Silverados. 
 
Part No: 84649982 replaced 84629789 for 2WD Silverados
 
Other websites are still selling kits with old part numbers. Not sure if GM found a problem with the old ones and have adjusted the parts but I'd look for the most recent part number. 
 
Here's the link to the kit for my RST but you can change to your vehicle at the top to verify your current Part No. 
 
https://accessories.chevrolet.com/product/lift-suspension-upgrade-system-for-4wd-vehicles-84768243?year=2019&make=Chevrolet&model=Silverado 1500&modelId=491&body=Crew Cab Pickup&bodyId=22&wheel=Short Box&wheelId=651&trim=RST&trimId=4962&drive=4WD&driveId=8&engine=5.3L V8 GAS&engineId=2059&bodyNumDoors=5&categoryId=98004

I have the max tow. From what I understand it is not compatible with my truck. From what people are saying, it’s because of the thicker composite leafs on the rear. I’m wondering if this lift would still work. Prrhaps I could just find a more appropriately sized rear block and install the rest. Any insight?



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/19/2020 at 9:17 AM, romclean1 said:

Before and after pics, need to get some tiny spacers to put my other wheels/tires on so here it is with the 20" stock setup.

image.thumb.png.93a75cf98878d7578713ca3210fb6c06.png

image.thumb.png.e04510f5200b652dc8bf70e0cba87ac0.png

If you don't mind sharing, what did the Dealer charge to install the lift?  Or is that included in the purchase price of the kit $1295?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you don't mind sharing, what did the Dealer charge to install the lift?  Or is that included in the purchase price of the kit @ $1295?
The install is not included in the kit but an Electronic Power Steering Calibration is included and Front Camera Reconfiguration if needed.

Most Dealerships have an hourly code they use to install accessories, one near me (Oregon) charges $95/hr for accessories with approximately 4.5 hours labor on the 4WD kit. About $430 total.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Benzo1 said:

If you don't mind sharing, what did the Dealer charge to install the lift?  Or is that included in the purchase price of the kit $1295?

I paid about 1050 for the kit and had a buddy (master mechanic at a dealer)  install it.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.