GM to offer a lift kit for the 2019 pickups.

3 hours ago, Mstorm18 said:

For those that have had the lift for a while. Any regrets? Ride quality, etc? I've been waiting for the 25% off sale to come around next month (Hopefully) to jump on it.

Ironically I ran into a GM tech at a local watering hole recently. He was telling me not to do it as it stretches the brake lines? 

Say what? The entire lift was literally designed for these trucks....

For those that have had the lift for a while. Any regrets? Ride quality, etc? I've been waiting for the 25% off sale to come around next month (Hopefully) to jump on it.

Ironically I ran into a GM tech at a local watering hole recently. He was telling me not to do it as it stretches the brake lines? 

Almost 12k miles on mine. No issues or complaints. It does need bigger tires though [emoji16]

Ryan B.

On 8/10/2020 at 8:22 PM, Tcolburntexas said:

Has anyone got a GM dealer to install the GM 2” factory lift with Bilstein or Fox struts/shocks?  I like the GM warranty in this and only want 2” of lift for my needs, just don’t want another set of Ranchos even if they’re monotubes.   Also don’t want to pay labor to install GM kit then pay a shop to install Bilstein 5100 or Fox 2.0 coilovers....

no point in buying GM lift than ( the ranchos are the lift kit)

just buy TB cv axles seperate and buy your own suspension.....rear block can be any block, and have shop install it

37 minutes ago, Dunn said:

no point in buying GM lift than ( the ranchos are the lift kit)

just buy TB cv axles seperate and buy your own suspension.....rear block can be any block, and have shop install it

Except it’s dealer installed and warrantied. It’s only $625 for install.  And with the GM kit you get calibration for front camera safety systems (which I paid a lot extra for Drivers safety packages 1 and 2) and electronic steering calibration.  That alone is the only reason I’m drawn towards GM lift for peace of mind....

• Like 1

13 hours ago, RyanbabZ71 said:

Only $625 for install? Damn your shop rates must be high emoji15.png. I was quoted before I ordered my truck $400-$550 through multiple dealers

Ryan B.

$625 was cheapest dealer in a 100 mile radius of me. I’m not sweating an extra $100-$200 on a $60k truck...

• 3 months later...
On 3/8/2020 at 6:12 AM, leverett.scott said:

Going to possibly buy the GM lift and have the front only installed, that way it will sit level as well. I've read numerous complaints about spacers, so I do not want to go that way now. I also considered coilovers, but I question there longevity and don't want to pay for expensive rebuilds.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Can the new rear shock absorbers be installed without the spacers or other equipment?

Edited by wudangprod
Typo

I have 2020 AT4 - took off the Rancho Shock and other related products to install BDS 2.5" lift with Fox Coilovers.

If anyone is intersted I am selling the take off parts and skid plates as a package for $500 for S. Cal Local Pick Only - so no time to figure out shipping for something large or heavy.

I am in Orange County and am frequently in San Diego for anyone intereted.

Shocks, springs (front), steering knucles, rear blocks, two front skid plates, rear block U brackets and bolts 

Parts taken off at 1,574 mies from new.

I also have OEM 18" wheels - they have 20 miles on them - taken off when new as well.  

Link to ad:  

I

PM me if interested.

Thx 

IMG_9416.JPG

IMG_9417.JPG

IMG_9419.JPG

IMG_9420.JPG

IMG_9423.JPG

IMG_9425.JPG

IMG_9426.JPG

IMG_9427.JPG

IMG_9429.JPG

IMG_9431.JPG

IMG_9432.JPG

IMG_9433.JPG

IMG_9437.JPG

IMG_9443.JPG

IMG_9444.JPG

IMG_9445.JPG

IMG_9446.JPG

IMG_9447.JPG

IMG_9424.JPG

IMG_9434.JPG

IMG_9438 (1).JPG

Edited by Supercup

• 2 months later...
On 10/29/2019 at 7:18 AM, jackm007 said:

Has anyone here installed a leveling kit on top of the GM Accessories 2" Suspension Lift?  Apparently it can be done because I've seen a dealership advertising it in Texas. I'm curious to know if this factory lift GM is offering is essentially the same suspension set up as a Trail Boss? I have a Trail Boss with a 2" level sitting on 35x12.50 Nitto MT's and am trying to create that look with my High Country utilizing the GM lift + aftermarket level. 

To be clear, will I be able to order a leveling kit made for a Trail Boss and successfully install it on a High Country equipped with the 2" GM Lift?

188902318_PetersHC.jpg.2338e254a77191cd791be500ce96a595.jpg107417064_BrannenTB.thumb.jpg.a5cb123fa1675e55bd16b029bf3d6ec3.jpg

Hello, did you ever find out if you can add a 2” spacer along with the lift kit? I already have a 2” front spacer in the front of my SLT and was hoping if I install this lift, I can still have it sit level with the front spacer.

6 minutes ago, billystrong8 said:

Hello, did you ever find out if you can add a 2” spacer along with the lift kit? I already have a 2” front spacer in the front of my SLT and was hoping if I install this lift, I can still have it sit level with the front spacer.

ReadyLIFT makes a 2" lift you can add on top of the factory 2" lift. If you add any other brand leveling spacer, you need to order upper control arms as well or you will have a very bad day in the future. 

• 8 months later...
On 8/18/2018 at 11:29 AM, newdude said:

Top secret LOL.

Looking through the instructions for the front strut.  They have you remove the stock assembly, disassemble it all.  You then take the new provided strut, and then install a new lower spring insulator, some sort of small bushing style spacer that goes around the center rod in the strut and new jounce bumper.  It re-uses the existing spring, upper insulator and strut mount. 

The bushing style spacer looks no more than an inch tall and is not much larger diameter than the strut rod (aka shiny metal center rod) that sits against the new jounce bumper, but there is no "leveling" or "puck" style lifting pieces involved with the kit.  I can only guess that they get the lift from the strut and maybe this spacer?  I think its mostly the strut that gets the gain though at least that's how it looks. 

I have yet to get at one of these to try and measure stuff up to compare a TB to a standard truck like an LT.

Via my source:

IMG_3197.jpg

IMG_3198.jpg

Hey new dude.  Do you know if there is supposed to be a wedge on the rear blocks?

Components included:
 • Front and Rear Passive Monotube Dampers
 •Front Half-Shafts (4WD only)4 , Front Compatibility Brackets and Front Jounce Bumpers
 • Rear Leaf Spring Spacers and Rear Jounce Bumper Spacers
 • Electronic Power Steering Calibration2 and Front Camera Reconfiguration2 
• Replacement Fasteners as required 
• Compatible Vehicle Jack • Performance Emblem
 • Instruction Sheet

• 1 year later...