GM to offer a lift kit for the 2019 pickups.

I checked out a trail boss at the local dealer, pretty goofy looking with the lift and same size as stock tires... Also I am assuming due to the lift the trail boss 5.3 had a 2 mpg lower fuel economy rating than the LTZ sitting next to it..

17 minutes ago, Imcrazy said:

I checked out a trail boss at the local dealer, pretty goofy looking with the lift and same size as stock tires... Also I am assuming due to the lift the trail boss 5.3 had a 2 mpg lower fuel economy rating than the LTZ sitting next to it..

No doubt the Trail Boss setup affects mpg.

On 8/27/2018 at 9:22 PM, Imcrazy said:

Lift, no airdamn and aggressive LT tires. 

36 minutes ago, teyaroch said:

Too bad they don't have a box side lowering kit.  The 7" higher sides are going to suck for working out of.  I won't even be able to see inside the toolbox.  

Did the bed height (reach in) gain by 7" ?

I know that the interior width grew by 7"

• 4 months later...

This kit is somewhat appealing to me.  For one I am looking at and RST trim level and want to have the same stance as Trail Boss.  I drove a Trail Boss and liked it, but I am not thrilled about the wheels or tires or price. This kit is expensive, and I could do mostly the same with Bilstein struts and rear blocks much cheaper.  But I have seen several trucks with steering rack issues on level kits (2014-2018) in my shop.  Since it has a new steering module calibration I'd like to think that may be addressed.  And the new CV axles must be engineered with more length or higher angle? Also, I think the RPO might be added to your truck and the entire kit is warranty'd.    If I had to pay a dealer to do it, wouldn't be worth it.  But I can do the install and computer updates using GM software on my own.  

Does anyone know what the "front compatibility brackets" are? 

https://www.vehicleaccessorycenter.com/inc/files/editor/files/18ACC_GMCSIE_LiftKit_v28.pdf

Edited by Leevon

3 hours ago, Leevon said:

This kit is somewhat appealing to me.  For one I am looking at and RST trim level and want to have the same stance as Trail Boss.  I drove a Trail Boss and liked it, but I am not thrilled about the wheels or tires or price. This kit is expensive, and I could do mostly the same with Bilstein struts and rear blocks much cheaper.  But I have seen several trucks with steering rack issues on level kits (2014-2018) in my shop.  Since it has a new steering module calibration I'd like to think that may be addressed.  And the new CV axles must be engineered with more length or higher angle? Also, I think the RPO might be added to your truck and the entire kit is warranty'd.    If I had to pay a dealer to do it, wouldn't be worth it.  But I can do the install and computer updates using GM software on my own.  

Does anyone know what the "front compatibility brackets" are? 

https://www.vehicleaccessorycenter.com/inc/files/editor/files/18ACC_GMCSIE_LiftKit_v28.pdf

If I had to guess, something to do with crash compatibility with smaller cars. Basically frame extensions that will engage the crash structure on lower riding vehicles. 

I’ve been seriously considering this kit just because I won’t have to pay nearly that much for it or the installation from the dealer and it will not effect my warranty but I’m concerned about the difference in ride quality since I have the HC. Has anybody done this kit on a HC yet?

$1300 for the kit? Must be a true 2" suspension lift, upgraded axles, struts, UCA's and UBJ's then. If it is just a strut spacer and rear block, you are going to be ripped off HARD. Like, over-paying by 10x, ripped off. I always had the dealer install my level kits, about $700CAD installed. I put one on with my brother on his 2018 F150, after seeing how it worked and the new control arm angles, I don't think I will ever buy one again. When the suspension unloads the UCA damn near connects with the strut spring, like not even 1/8" of clearance. Makes me think the UCA will get jammed up in the strut spring in the event of a hard hit. My Sierra is no where near as close, but I can easily see a true lift being a much better, safer, and less maintenance option. 

2 hours ago, L86 All Terrain said:

$1300 for the kit? Must be a true 2" suspension lift, upgraded axles, struts, UCA's and UBJ's then. If it is just a strut spacer and rear block, you are going to be ripped off HARD. Like, over-paying by 10x, ripped off. I always had the dealer install my level kits, about $700CAD installed. I put one on with my brother on his 2018 F150, after seeing how it worked and the new control arm angles, I don't think I will ever buy one again. When the suspension unloads the UCA damn near connects with the strut spring, like not even 1/8" of clearance. Makes me think the UCA will get jammed up in the strut spring in the event of a hard hit. My Sierra is no where near as close, but I can easily see a true lift being a much better, safer, and less maintenance option. 

It’s a true lift, warrantied by GM, not being ripped off, actually it’s a reasonable price for OEM parts and dealer installation 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, eppieguy said:

It’s a true lift, warrantied by GM, not being ripped off, actually it’s a reasonable price for OEM parts and dealer installation 

Yeah I just looked it up, even rear shocks. Sounds like a good deal, I always buy the All Terrain trim anyway (AT4 now) so I will end up with one eventually.