Aftermarket Brake kit

On 8/20/2018 at 4:04 PM, 05SIERRAMAN said:

Now that the 2019's are out, the fronts have six piston front calipers, might what to look into those for a budget build with parts availability for a long time. 

After driving the ‘19 denali ultimate, I thought for sure my ‘14 had slightly better brakes.

But the truck only had 90 miles on it and I didn’t try any full on braking. Not sure if that played a factor. But for general street driven braking I thought the ‘14 was a little stronger.

• 7 months later...
On 10/7/2018 at 12:53 AM, qwank said:

The 19s have wicked heavy cast iron 4 piston calipers up front. 

just garbage.

has anyone been able to source a real bbk for the GMT T1XX?

I want to run an 8 Pot brembo gt from setup and 4 pot rear but i have yet tio find 2019 variations.

On 9/13/2018 at 8:32 AM, tenscourts said:

There also is not a requirement to do front and rear with Wilwood's. For those with or without 20's you can just do the fronts. Brembo only works with 20+ inch wheels.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk. My build thread: http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/index.php?/topic/192614-Tenscourts'-2016-LTZ/Z71-CCSB-4WD-Silverado

not really....  you'll create uneven brake distribution with a kit on the front and stock on the rear... to do it right you get both.

not really....  you'll create uneven brake distribution with a kit on the front and stock on the rear... to do it right you get both.

My point was Wilwood sells the brakes per axle. The price comparison was being made as if you had to purchase both front and rear but it isn't required. GM sells front only Brembo kits so to make a fair comparison you should consider just the Wilwood front axle price.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk. My build thread: http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/index.php?/topic/192614-Tenscourts'-2016-LTZ/Z71-CCSB-4WD-Silverado

• Like 1

Stoptech also offers a 6 piston front only BBK. I would put them on par with Brembo and a step above Wilwood. The good news is that I'm pretty sure they'll fit under 18" wheels. The bad news is that they're expensive.

https://www.lmperformance.com/921216/83-198-6d00-63-stoptech-gmc-sierra-1500-big-brake-kit-6-piston-silver-calipers-2-piece-yellow-zinc-slotted-rotors-front.html

Thanks Red.

How do you know these will fit the 2019?  i have yet to find a company that acutally lists the 2019 under offical fitment.

Respectfully, stoptech is close to the bottom with Wilwood.    Their "painted" calipers are among the most sensitive to heat and brake fluid than any other company.. they're custom service deperart, lead by VP of sales Mark Cornwell is incompetent and out of touch.    Company is a mess.

Brembo is one of the few companies that really stands behind their product.  I've owned many many sets from these 3 companies...     I would never buy a stop tech product again after some of the shit i went through on a 8500 trophy setup on my e46 M3.

380mm kit for such a large truck also doesnt work for me....   cost savings move on their end.

Edited by PabloK

18 hours ago, PabloK said:

Thanks Red.

How do you know these will fit the 2019?  i have yet to find a company that acutally lists the 2019 under offical fitment.

Respectfully, stoptech is close to the bottom with Wilwood.    Their "painted" calipers are among the most sensitive to heat and brake fluid than any other company.. they're custom service deperart, lead by VP of sales Mark Cornwell is incompetent and out of touch.    Company is a mess.

Brembo is one of the few companies that really stands behind their product.  I've owned many many sets from these 3 companies...     I would never buy a stop tech product again after some of the shit i went through on a 8500 trophy setup on my e46 M3.

380mm kit for such a large truck also doesnt work for me....   cost savings move on their end.

I don't know if they'll fit a '19. I do know there are some very fast Miatas, like faster than Porsche GT3 fast, running the Stoptech BBK with excellent results. Maybe they've improved since you last tried them? I would definitely try Stoptechs before Wilwood. I no longer  have 20" wheels on my truck so Brembos aren't an option. Realistically I'll upgrade pads first and see how they do. 

12 minutes ago, Red_5 said:

I don't know if they'll fit a '19. I do know there are some very fast Miatas, like faster than Porsche GT3 fast, running the Stoptech BBK with excellent results. Maybe they've improved since you last tried them? I would definitely try Stoptechs before Wilwood. I no longer  have 20" wheels on my truck so Brembos aren't an option. Realistically I'll upgrade pads first and see how they do. 

The performance of their kits is on par with their price point.

the shortcomings are in the caliper design and build quality.  Additionally, they have very poor customer service and will fight every issues... and this goes to the top.  I got in it pretty good with their VP of sales on my fuked up kit.  It was a custom $8500 kit where all four calipers failed after 1500 miles. 

The build quality is average at best and the company doesn’t stand behind their products.

performance isn’t really a major issue, Miatas don’t weight much.. guys prob did the kits more

for rotational mass 

0D383AAC-C1B3-4600-91C8-D79E22E8B958.jpeg

• 1 year later...