In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

EarlGrey

Anyone have experience with Spyder tail lights, or recommendations?

I'm looking at these tail lights. The only reviews I can find are on Amazon, and I see a few that say they leak and consequently short out.

Is there anything out there like these, but maybe better quality?

https://www.jcwhitney.com/details/GMC/Sierra_1500/Spyder/Tail_Light/2016/SLE/8_Cyl_5-dot-3L/SP5080035.html

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Always hard to tell with these things. I hear a lot of stories about water intrusion of any non-OEM lights. I know Recon makes similar lights but they are pricy.

https://gorecon.com/product/chevy-silverado-16-17-150025003500-replaces-factory-oem-led-tail-lights-only-also-fits-gmc-sierra-15-17-dually-body-style-with-factory-oem-led-tail-lights-only-oled-tail-lights-clear-lens/

I prefer the style of the Spyder lights and also the price, but it's a risk either way.

• Like 1

If you’re wanting to dish out the money go with the recon ones. Although I highly suggest buying them through recon because if you have any problems the warranty is only good if you bought them through them. And speaking from experience they are pricey to replace

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

74898a4db35902dfbe1acdb5734e4a73.jpg

I’ve has zero problems (besides installation being a bit tricky due to the location of the reverse light) and zero water intrusion. They look super awesome. But if you arnt wanting to risk breaking a $500 pair of taillights I’d go your route and maybe see how well the cheaper ones work.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, EarlGrey said:

I'm looking at these tail lights. The only reviews I can find are on Amazon, and I see a few that say they leak and consequently short out.

Is there anything out there like these, but maybe better quality?

https://www.jcwhitney.com/details/GMC/Sierra_1500/Spyder/Tail_Light/2016/SLE/8_Cyl_5-dot-3L/SP5080035.html

Lots of money and bad reviews, and no bulbs?   If you do buy some that have bad reviews of water intrusion then you might want to reseal the perimeter with a quality Marine silicone prior to installation

• Like 1

i have the same recon taillights as BlueTopaz14 and i'm really happy with mine

when getting them from recon wait for a sale!  they regularly put stuff on sale - usually around 'special' days - so the next big sale will likely be in a couple weeks for labour day.

i know i went to their site a while ago and signed up to get email alerts from them so they email me the sales.  right now it's 15% off and free shipping with the promo code BTS15

Edited by bc-chris
  • Like 2

I have a 16 Sierra Crew with bulbs, would these fit? I'm looking on their site, but the wording is wierd. It looks like ONLY Silverado or GMC dually with factory led.
Have a link, please?

74898a4db35902dfbe1acdb5734e4a73.jpg

I’ve has zero problems (besides installation being a bit tricky due to the location of the reverse light) and zero water intrusion. They look super awesome. But if you arnt wanting to risk breaking a $500 pair of taillights I’d go your route and maybe see how well the cheaper ones work.

I have a 16 Sierra Crew with bulbs, would these fit? I'm looking on their site, but the wording is wierd. It looks like ONLY Silverado or GMC dually with factory led.
Have a link, please?

No, some reviews said they do fit the regular sierras but I wouldn’t risk buying them at the price and then them not fitting. They are in fact for the gmc duallys only. However I still have the one I broke and my mom has a Sierra I can test fit it on but it may be a week or so till I can do that but I’d be glad to check for you!

• Like 1

That would be great. . Realistically i probably won't get any till next month. I'm putting together a "wish list" of things to keep an eye on for sales etc. Tail lights are the hardest to find for some reason.

No, some reviews said they do fit the regular sierras but I wouldn’t risk buying them at the price and then them not fitting. They are in fact for the gmc duallys only. However I still have the one I broke and my mom has a Sierra I can test fit it on but it may be a week or so till I can do that but I’d be glad to check for you!

To my knowledge the dually and standard tails are the same. You could check GM part numbers to confirm.

That would be great. . Realistically i probably won't get any till next month. I'm putting together a "wish list" of things to keep an eye on for sales etc. Tail lights are the hardest to find for some reason.

That’s how I felt about the 3rd brake light options, that’s why I made my own style lol

I’ve got a set of winjet tail lights. I’ve had them installed for around 6months and really like them. I bought them from a member on here for a good price. I know they are pretty cheap new also. All I needed to upgrade was the reverse lights to led. Super cheap for on amazon.

BF188491-69FF-4357-AFED-2D7B9D5B57BD.jpeg

That’s how I felt about the 3rd brake light options, that’s why I made my own style lol

Good point, maybe I should look for a 3 piece set, matching.

I’ve got a set of winjet tail lights. I’ve had them installed for around 6months and really like them. I bought them from a member on here for a good price. I know they are pretty cheap new also. All I needed to upgrade was the reverse lights to led. Super cheap for on amazon.
BF188491-69FF-4357-AFED-2D7B9D5B57BD.thumb.jpeg.431b6f6d74a57e47bbc8bac924940b47.jpeg
Those look nice! I have a silver truck, and the ones I linked to have silver in them. Which I thought would be nice fit. But hard to find quality.

The Spyder:s I linked to jumped $200 in price overnight. They were low $300's, and still are on Amazon.

Just for anyone interested, I actually saw a black silverado driving home tonight that had the Spyder tail lights (https://www.realtruck.com/spyder-smoked-black-with-u-bar-led-tail-lights/5083739.html?utm_campaign=product_ads&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_content=1181571&gclid=CjwKCAjw8O7bBRB0EiwAfbrTh0sKZOxBmolpeFXnktiqULF3CnypmcUi_6ow9fQIAmbgwXL6SZnamBoCn4cQAvD_BwE) and the "U" was very pink and the tails didn't look smoked at all. Highway driving and all but I'm leaning heavily toward the recons now myself. Just thought I'd share the info.

• Like 1