Anyone have experience with Spyder tail lights, or recommendations?

Just for anyone interested, I actually saw a black silverado driving home tonight that had the Spyder tail lights (https://www.realtruck.com/spyder-smoked-black-with-u-bar-led-tail-lights/5083739.html?utm_campaign=product_ads&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_content=1181571&gclid=CjwKCAjw8O7bBRB0EiwAfbrTh0sKZOxBmolpeFXnktiqULF3CnypmcUi_6ow9fQIAmbgwXL6SZnamBoCn4cQAvD_BwE) and the "U" was very pink and the tails didn't look smoked at all. Highway driving and all but I'm leaning heavily toward the recons now myself. Just thought I'd share the info.
When you find the recons you want, please share?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, KJS Sullivan said:

Based on this link these will not fit a 2015 GMC Sierra Single wheel, am I correct in that assumption based on what I read?

I actually never noticed this before but I guess not. I had assumed that recon just didn't label the listing correctly and that everything on the chevy would fit the gmc and vise versa. Turns out the lights are slightly different, with the gmc being a flat bottom and the chevy being angled up slightly. Who knew?

• 1 month later...

Honestly it seems hard to tell. I've heard both good and bad about Spyder. It's been mostly praise about recon but the cost is almost if not more than oem.

From what I hear the main concern with cheaper headlights and taillights is leaking. I would say if you like a style buy them and throw a bead of silicone around them. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, lryfer said:

my daughter looking for a set of smoked for her 2007 classic silverado.  Recon very spendy for her.  What is a good alternative? Spyder?

i have recons in my 2014 - love them!!!

in my '89 i have ipcw (i think they are ipcw... i got them years ago).  i got them from autoanything.com 

i had one of the taillights stop working and autoanything replaced them no problem.  it wasn't from a leak, just a faulty tail light

they still work great

On 8/20/2018 at 11:51 PM, bc-chris said:

i have the same recon taillights as BlueTopaz14 and i'm really happy with mine

when getting them from recon wait for a sale!  they regularly put stuff on sale - usually around 'special' days - so the next big sale will likely be in a couple weeks for labour day.

i know i went to their site a while ago and signed up to get email alerts from them so they email me the sales.  right now it's 15% off and free shipping with the promo code BTS15

So i am looking at Recon LED tail lights for my 06 Silverado. I tried to sign up to get promotional emails for sales like someone mentioned earlier.  Only place is log in.  I click on sign up and it goes to log in.  So how to get the promotional messages for sales?

Are there promo codes anyone has used to get savings?  Tx

1 hour ago, lryfer said:

So i am looking at Recon LED tail lights for my 06 Silverado. I tried to sign up to get promotional emails for sales like someone mentioned earlier.  Only place is log in.  I click on sign up and it goes to log in.  So how to get the promotional messages for sales?

Are there promo codes anyone has used to get savings?  Tx

when you did the log-in did you enter your email address?  all the promos i know of are emailed (make sure they aren't going to your junk mail)

if not, try the "contact us" feature: https://gorecon.com/contact/  and ask them to add you to the mailing list

i would expect the next batch of promo codes will come out around either halloween, u.s. thanksgiving or remembrance day

so while i wait are the Recon LED taillights plug and play or chopping adding resistors required?  Dont want t  do that for the tails or 3rd brake light.  thx.

Just to add another option to the mix. Morimoto released a set earlier this year that look and probably perform substantially better than the Recons or Spyders. Come in smoked and plain red.

https://www.theretrofitsource.com/assemblies/tail-light-assemblies/14-18-chevrolet-silverado.html?preselect=54546