Summit15101

1997 Sierra 1500 blower motor quit?

Question

Hello so the blower motor quit working in my truck. I am thinking it is from the climate control box. There is some burnt wires. I am wondering how hard this harness is to replace and cheapest place to get those parts 3ae407c945e0cc257f3f2aaf138435e8.jpg432db3e21f229b715893e04bb6184c17.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 answers to this question

This is so, common that most online auto parts web sites have repair kits.  Being in Canada I can't recommend any American sites simply because they refuse to ship to me.  Maybe try rockauto and check for blower motor resistor repair kit. 

You posted your question last night, and expected an answer within an hour of the east coasters getting to their jobs?  I happen to be a mostly bed ridden disabled person,  sorry if my reply wasn't quick enough. 

That is not the resisitor connector , that is the connector that plugs into the rear of the control head. You need a control head and the connector, the part number for the connector is 12064998,should be a connector with leads, the control head varies on if it has rear defogger and climate control.

Same thing happened on my 2010 canyon. Common problem, just spliced a wire around the connector instead of buying new harness. Works good now.

Thanks for the replies. So would this work for the connector part and just cut the wires and splice the new ones on??

9e5aba2a7f4b6b3d1a48d1618c9e080f.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk