Disappointed with 2019

Everyone is entitled to their own decisions. Besides, that’s how stories are made then put on these forums. My last two Rams were the biggest pc of [emoji90] ever in my car buying history, they just completely fall apart, literally and have the worst crash test of the three.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jsheldrake said:

Please tell me you will overlook the aesthetics for the current model versus switching to a rattle trap. Everyone I know that has owned a recent ram, has had nothing but problems with them. Theres a reason you get a high country esk ram for the price of a WT.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

whens the last time you looked at the ram pricing?  Bc you are way off there.  But it's a lot easier for Ram to work out a rattle than to get around the crap interior GM gave us.  

• Like 1

Honestly, if it weren't for how atrocious tundras were on fuel, I would have shopped one of those. For now, my bowtie will do. It functions as it should. I just wish gm would have out the 3.6 twin turbo I to a truck to compete with the 3.5 in the Ford. That caddy motor is a beast.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, shift_grind said:

Its nicer than Fords for sure and a slight upgrade over yours.  

I'd recommend sitting in a Ford.  It's not good.  

ive been a chevy guy my whole life.. but...

2019-Chevrolet-Silverado-1500-High-Country-Interior-2018-Detroit-Auto-Show-001-Interior-Overview-1024x683 (1).webp

2019_ford_f-150_limited_6 (1).jpg&dim=2560x1440&make=ford

23 hours ago, KARNUT said:

I can’t wait to here the exhaust noises coming out of trucks with skip fire. It’s going to be hilarious. The they I see out of it is with baffled mufflers, increased exhaust flow (V8) opening baffles to open exhaust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, Jsheldrake said:

Honestly, if it weren't for how atrocious tundras were on fuel, I would have shopped one of those. For now, my bowtie will do. It functions as it should. I just wish gm would have out the 3.6 twin turbo I to a truck to compete with the 3.5 in the Ford. That caddy motor is a beast.

I feel like a inline 6 version of the new 2.7l would be the way to go.  I think that would make a really nice setup from waht we know about the 2.7.  Should be cheaper than the 3.6 too.  

Just now, 14tungstenLT said:

The high country is a let down for sure, but the mid level to LTZ trucks are very nice.  

Why they thought spray painting some trim copper was the Pinnacle of truck luxury is beyond me.  I find the F150 interior to be very cheap and ugly, especially with the oversized bro shifter on the "floor". 

Ram has a very nice interior though, ironically you have to keep it Laramie and lower as it gets very gaudy in the Limited and Rebel trims. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jsheldrake said:

I’ve got a Tundra with a 5.7L.  It gets a consistent 15.5 - 16mpg with 85% of that in town driving.  My 2014 Silverado got 17 and spent 85% of the time in the shop getting fixed, lol.  I’ll take the 1mpg hit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brianibew said:

I’ve got a Tundra with a 5.7L.  It gets a consistent 15.5 - 16mpg with 85% of that in town driving.  My 2014 Silverado got 17 and spent 85% of the time in the shop getting fixed, lol.  I’ll take the 1mpg hit.

From JD Power and Associates Website:

Fuel Economy

2017 Toyota Tundra Limited instrument panel photo

Not only does the Tundra fall short in terms of towing and hauling, it gets abysmal gas mileage. According to the EPA, the test truck should have returned 15 mpg in combined driving. On the test loop, it got 13.8 mpg, and after a week of driving had mustered no more than 13.5 mpg.