Disappointed with 2019

19 minutes ago, Jsheldrake said:

emoji23.png. Theres only one football team in Pennsylvania anyways.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Off topic, LOL ……..   but NE is looking bad.

Ben and company had better get it worked out.

>>>>>Chiefs fan all the way here! :driving:

• Like 1

So let's start a discussion. What would you sacrifice on the 2019's that are new features, for something that would be more practical or usable?

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Go ahead and start a new topic, you’re in GM Canadianguy’s topic currently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My work truck is a 2014 Tundra Crew on Ridge Grappler 275/70R18's. I have driven it for 101,000 miles and I gotta say it's not too bad. The fuel economy is approx 15.5-16 hwy with mixed driving usually 12-13 mpg with the RG tires. On the stock tires it was about 1 mpg better both ways.

We have a fleet of the Yo-Yos and have had overall good performance from them, with most problems being speed sensors and wheel bearings. I think we have 30 or so Tumdras with around 70 Silverados and 24 Ford 250s.

The company put together a 4 year cost of ownership and somehow the Fords won(surprises me). Anyway my new work 250 will be here in a couple months.

Tundra is a nice truck. Behind on tech and the rear end is horrible. I could go on for a while(we use them on a multi state large farm).

Sent via Morse code

• 3 weeks later...

Well I saw my first trucks up close yesterday. Really like them a lot!

But as a major disappointment I would say that the steering wheel tilt is a joke. If they were going to screw around with it just add a power tilt, or leave it the way it was! This set-up looks like they let the engineers from the Cruise design it for them. On a $70.000 dollar truck? Very cheesy! 

• 8 months later...
5 hours ago, GM Canadian Guy said:

Been a while but I saw a positive to the new Silverado and Sierra! Four piston monoblock from brake calipers! Can't believe it took me this long to notice it.c26b3cf739ac207b8b0240bbf6308fd3.jpg015ec5e986e933516509d7cd0a65031d.jpg

There’s a lot of positives. Not going to read through all 17 pages of this but maybe you should give one a shot...?

• Like 1

There’s a lot of positives. Not going to read through all 17 pages of this but maybe you should give one a shot...[emoji847]
Haha no they're not bad trucks! In a year I've warmed up a lot to the styling of both GMC and Chev variants alike and I'm sure most others have too. To be honest, I'm surprised GM didn't make a big deal in their marketing about the monoblock brakes on these trucks.

I know GM must have listened because they solved quite a few of my issues with the 2020 model year including adding adaptive cruise and giving us the mighty 6.2 in the lower trimmed trucks like Ford has done for years. That I6 duramax should be good too!

I guess for me personally, the new trucks aren't enough of a step forward to warrant an upgrade yet as my 2017 is still very competent.

Still wish they'd give us a better looking gauge cluster in the Chevy variant, throw in rain sensing wipers, move to a dual fuel injection system like Toyota and Ford have to reduce carbon deposits and give us back the classic square arches.

On 10/12/2018 at 12:34 PM, Likarok said:

Well I saw my first trucks up close yesterday. Really like them a lot!

But as a major disappointment I would say that the steering wheel tilt is a joke. If they were going to screw around with it just add a power tilt, or leave it the way it was! This set-up looks like they let the engineers from the Cruise design it for them. On a $70.000 dollar truck? Very cheesy! 

I like my '19 but the tilt is sooo stupid.  Instead of a one hand operation that locates easily and springs into place it's two hands and it doesn't adjust easily.  I need it to get in and out, has always worked great in previous years.  GM followed other manufacturers and it's such an inconvenient feature. I end up driving around with the wheel in a higher position and not adjusting it.  

• Like 1

On 8/21/2018 at 6:07 AM, 14tungstenLT said:

the exterior has grown on me.... but unless they do a mid life overhaul of the interior in the next couple years im moving into a ram.  

As a previous Ram owner, I’ll tell you that the pics of the inside look beautiful but feel very cheap. The infotainment system never worked right and I hate having a massive screen that controls everything.  I’ve been so impressed with the quality of the Silverado and simple things like the thickness of the doors.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1