Disappointed with 2019

Sheesh.....First a plastic hood release lever now a plastic composite fuel door?
[emoji20]

My exact thoughts. The first time I seen one was on the new super duty’s they seem so cheap and flimsy but I guess everyone is now making the move to plastic fuel doors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, BlueTopaz14 said:

My exact thoughts. The first time I seen one was on the new super duty’s they seem so cheap and flimsy but I guess everyone is now making the move to plastic fuel doors

The new SuperDuty's have been very disappointing. Ford somehow found a way to make the death wobble issue appear sooner. And since the frame is 26 times more rigid than the wet spaghetti they used to use to build the frames, the truck shakes more violently when it does death wobble. The beds, while thicker than the thin weak F-150 bed, have cracking issues caused by headache racks, tool boxes, drop in campers, etc. The tie down points should be strong than they are too.

• Haha 1

On 8/23/2018 at 8:25 AM, Chris walker said:

I like the truck overall but I agree there are multiple let downs. What I really dont understand is the pricing for the higher end Silverado models. A high country is around 70k. You can also get a fully loaded RST Tahoe for around 70k. The Tahoe includes three rows of leather seating, DVD system, a LOT more sheet metal, magnaride, 22 inch rims and a significant amount of additional interior materials...There is easily 5-10k in materials (consumer prices) in the Tahoe vs the High Country. The MSRP is nearly the same between the two models, however. In my personal opinion its basically price gouging the truck buyer. I realize its comparing apples to oranges but are we supposed to believe the towing technology offsets 5-10k  in material variance between the two vehicles?

70k just seems outrageous for what you get in the high country.. I have no issues spending 70k if I can see and feel the value.  I simply cant find the value in a high country for 70k, however..To be honest I have a hard time finding 60k value in the high country. The truck should have true magnaride, new engine with more HP,  panoramic sunroof,  better materials, larger infotainment, etc for 70k. My only assumption is that its priced so high so they can have massive price cuts a couple of years down the road and still have a profit. They are going to have to provide deep discounts on  these trucks very soon. You can get a fully loaded Ram limited for 55-60k today (with discounts) which is much nicer and more advanced than the High Country.

You'll need to deduct $10k at a minimum from the truck prices. Remember: The F-150 was updated for 2018 and a LOT of Ford dealers are still discounting $15k off the sticker price. Manufacturers anticipate that customers expect big discounts on the trucks, even when they're brand new, so expect GM dealers to do the same as 2019's start to build up on the lot. I got over $8k off my 2014 in March 2014, simply because the 2014's started piling up on the lot and the dealer needed to make room for the 2015's. Hell, the 2019 Ram is selling so slow today that my local Ram dealer is already knocking $11k off a 2019 Ram and that truck still sucks at being a real full-size truck. Shit payload rating, terrible initial quality so far, and the engine is ancient.

Edited by HondaHawkGT

The new SuperDuty's have been very disappointing. Ford somehow found a way to make the death wobble issue appear sooner. And since the frame is 26 times more rigid than the wet spaghetti they used to use to build the frames, the truck shakes more violently when it does death wobble. The beds, while thicker than the thin weak F-150 bed, have cracking issues caused by headache racks, tool boxes, drop in campers, etc. The tie down points should be strong than they are too.

Yes, my dads had the death wobble with only 2000 miles, took it in, had the whole front end replaced and it came back, took it to a mechanic who has never had a death wobble come back to him and he fixed it for good. But at 2000 miles it’s pretty bad that that big of an issue came up. The only thing I won’t take away from the new super duty’s is they are some real work horses.

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, HondaHawkGT said:

Built Ford Tough.  New Ford trucks are incredibly cheaply made and have very very poor quality control.  They are somehow the media darlings though.  

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, shift_grind said:

Built Ford Tough.  New Ford trucks are incredibly cheaply made and have very very poor quality control.  They are somehow the media darlings though.  

Fleet sales are the reason why the FORD trucks stay on top. 

Every damn municipality around here in KC uses them for the police departments, water utilities, Fire Dept's and even the Local Kc libraries use them.

They buy them in bulk because of the cheap cost. Not to mention they are built right here in Kansas City.

Now if you look at privately owned businesses, there are GM and RAM trucks in their smaller fleets. Especially the Sierra Silverado 2500 HD's

Take those fleet sales away and the F150 would topple to the #2 spot, possibly even #3 behind RAM

Anyone disagree?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Sierra Dan said:

The 2019 GM trucks are piling up on lots and I have seen discounts as much as 5-6k off already, only after about 2 weeks!

The salesman that sold my 2018 a few weeks ago told me that so far there hasn't been much interest in the 2019's and they are a higher volume dealer. It's still early, but the 2019's have their positives and negatives.

1 hour ago, captainzombie said:

The salesman that sold my 2018 a few weeks ago told me that so far there hasn't been much interest in the 2019's and they are a higher volume dealer. It's still early, but the 2019's have their positives and negatives.

It really depends on the trim for these 2019’s. My dealer has 6 or 7 LT’s that done seem to be getting much interest. However the higher trim levels even though the cost is substantial are moving well. I know of 3 LTZ’s, 2 RST’s, 1 High Country and my Trail Boss sold in the last two weeks. The cost of a LT Z71 just doesn’t appropriate, they are fairly basic and are at the 50K mark. Mine was 55K and has every option available including a sunroof, no leather or park assist.  I also think that once the competition of the 11K off MSRP of the 2018’s is gone, the others will begin to move. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, captainzombie said:

Not helping is Chevy's apparent total lack of interest in marketing the truck to the public, most of whom are probably completely unaware that they can buy a 2019 today. I mean I can go and build a Ford Ranger, a truck not even out yet, on Ford.com knowing all the exact options/packages/pricing and yet we still have to fumble around on GM employee/family discount websites to get exact specifics on the Silverado.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, teehee said:

Not helping is Chevy's apparent total lack of interest in marketing the truck to the public, most of whom are probably completely unaware that they can buy a 2019 today. I mean I can go and build a Ford Ranger, a truck not even out yet, on Ford.com knowing all the exact options/packages/pricing and yet we still have to fumble around on GM employee/family discount websites to get exact specifics on the Silverado.  

Now that you mention it...…... there is NOT ONE tv commercial announcing the new 2019 Silverado or Sierra.

There are many, however, regarding discounts and awards of the outgoing K2s

Agreed this is a huge mistake by GM.  The 2019 RAM debuted during the Super Bowl with 2 separate commercials for crying out loud!

On 8/21/2018 at 8:50 AM, Loco-diablo said:

Start/stop disable is a simple switch on the dash I thought I read. I drive 90% highway, so I don't see it being an issue especially with a disable switch right there.

My wife's 2016 CTS is like this.  You can disable the auto start/stop.  I disable it every time I drive it because it's a 2L turbo and I can just imagine that turbo sitting there cooking itself at a stoplight.

15 hours ago, Cmillerjr said:

It really depends on the trim for these 2019’s. My dealer has 6 or 7 LT’s that done seem to be getting much interest. However the higher trim levels even though the cost is substantial are moving well. I know of 3 LTZ’s, 2 RST’s, 1 High Country and my Trail Boss sold in the last two weeks. The cost of a LT Z71 just doesn’t appropriate, they are fairly basic and are at the 50K mark. Mine was 55K and has every option available including a sunroof, no leather or park assist.  I also think that once the competition of the 11K off MSRP of the 2018’s is gone, the others will begin to move. 

2 hours ago, teehee said:

31 minutes ago, Sierra Dan said:

Now that you mention it...…... there is NOT ONE tv commercial announcing the new 2019 Silverado or Sierra.

There are many, however, regarding discounts and awards of the outgoing K2s

Agreed this is a huge mistake by GM.  The 2019 RAM debuted during the Super Bowl with 2 separate commercials for crying out loud!

Yeah totally, now that teehee mentions the lack of TV ads guess doesn't help. I haven't seen a single one on the new 2019's, it has been all on the 2018 inventory.

When I owned a Colorado, I always found it odd too that I only ever saw one commercial the whole time with the Colorado. I understand its a mid-size pickup but come on. You know that Ford will pimp the shit out of the Ranger and even Bronco when those hit the lots.

• Like 1

I was poking around dealers. I think i'll wait to see how the new technology pans out. No double cabs to be had until next spring I was told. I was ready for a change and that I did. I traded my 16 Sierra SLT on a Traverse Premier. Something different That should hold me over until I can get what I want. So far I have zero complaints with the Traverse.

IMG_20180724_191929.jpg

• Like 2