Tire Size with a 2.5 inch Leveling kit on the front

Hello all,

I just purchased a 2017 GMC crew cab 4x4.  I have had 7 F150's and finally nbit the bullet and went with this beauty!  I do not want to lift it as to not void the warranty so I am just going to put a 2.5 inch leveling kit on the front.  It currently has 275/55/20's on it.  I am going with an all terrain tire on it and am keeping the factory rims for now.  I will eventually get something with an offset so the tires will stick out from the fender well around an inch or so.  So, with all that being said, what it the largest size tire I can go with right now without having to worry about rubbing issues?  Can I do a 33x12.50x20? 

Hello all,

I just purchased a 2017 GMC crew cab 4x4.  I have had 7 F150's and finally nbit the bullet and went with this beauty!  I do not want to lift it as to not void the warranty so I am just going to put a 2.5 inch leveling kit on the front.  It currently has 275/55/20's on it.  I am going with an all terrain tire on it and am keeping the factory rims for now.  I will eventually get something with an offset so the tires will stick out from the fender well around an inch or so.  So, with all that being said, what it the largest size tire I can go with right now without having to worry about rubbing issues?  Can I do a 33x12.50x20? 
I'm running 33x12.5x20 but my wheels are -44 offset so they rubbed....alot. but with stock wheels I've seen many run it with very light rub if not any. e597642021a8d75472286bb0c6e0dd8b.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Hello all,

On a 14, r65s will barely rub with the wheel turned to lock with a 2.5" lift with no extension and the wheel wells pinned back.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the replies.  I ended up putting a rough country 2.5 inch kit on the front.  Did it myself with the help of a buddy of mine.  Only took us 6 hours!  LOL.  Also went with 275/65/20 BFG KO2's on it.  A tad bit narrower than what I wanted but they fill up the fender well pretty good.  

my 1500.jpg

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 8/30/2018 at 8:45 AM, RKMichael said:

Thanks for all the replies.  I ended up putting a rough country 2.5 inch kit on the front.  Did it myself with the help of a buddy of mine.  Only took us 6 hours!  LOL.  Also went with 275/65/20 BFG KO2's on it.  A tad bit narrower than what I wanted but they fill up the fender well pretty good.  

my 1500.jpg

Do you have any more pictures of the truck like this? I have the same truck but want to level and keep stock wheels with large tires.

5b87f47c12cf7_my1500.jpg.3545086b6be51591c9a40df9be7a76cb.jpg
So 34x11's will fit with a 2.5 and no rub? Good info.

Are you a little nose high, or is it just the pic?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

On 9/1/2018 at 1:51 PM, Silverado629 said:

35x12.50s will fit without a problem

X 2 with stock wheels you should not have an issue.  When you go aftermarket with offset I cannot comment. 

35x12.50s will fit without a problem

That's different then me. With a 2.5 level from Fox coilovers on a 2018, I couldn't fit 34.3 x 11.6 without rubbing even after trimming.

Can someone provide pictures of 35s on just a level kit?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, ftwhite said:

That's different then me. With a 2.5 level from Fox coilovers on a 2018, I couldn't fit 34.3 x 11.6 without rubbing even after trimming.

what wheels were you running and what offset

pretty sure 35x12.5 will rub on stock wheels on one of the suspension parts. and if you go -24 offset or larger they rub on the fender liners. -12 offset you might just squeeze them in there

10 hours ago, ftwhite said:

My bad guys, I have 33x12.5x20's.  I too bet 35's would rub for sure.