On 22/08/2018 at 12:13 AM, texasaggies16 said:

What and where are you guys using to mount your phone in the cab? Looking for some pictures of setups! Include links to mounts if you can also!

Built this mount. Plugged into front usb so I can use android auto

20181027_173331.jpg

• Like 2

I like this CD slot mount.  It gets a little in the way of the screen and heat buttons, but puts my phone in a good spot without using a vent or cupholder. 

20181027_212926-1209x1612.jpg

20181027_212935-1209x1612.jpg

20181027_212948-1209x1612.jpg

I have the proclip on the left side of the console. I bought a ball socket adapter and have an Anker wireless charging cradle on it. I just drop my phone on it and go. It's right by my leg, doesn't move, no drill, it's perfect.

Side note on the pro clip. I was leary of spending that much on a piece of plastic, but went for it.  It just didn't seem to fit, I emailed them, they sent me a new one with an adjustment to one of the tabs. So, customer service is great. I would buy another in a heartbeat. 

On 12/29/2018 at 9:03 AM, CheezyDeezy said:

I have the proclip on the left side of the console. I bought a ball socket adapter and have an Anker wireless charging cradle on it. I just drop my phone on it and go. It's right by my leg, doesn't move, no drill, it's perfect.

Side note on the pro clip. I was leary of spending that much on a piece of plastic, but went for it.  It just didn't seem to fit, I emailed them, they sent me a new one with an adjustment to one of the tabs. So, customer service is great. I would buy another in a heartbeat. 

do you have any pics of this?

On 8/26/2018 at 10:33 PM, Korvete said:

I have the proclip.  They are pricey but well worth it.

https://www.proclipusa.com/product/834963-proclip-console-mount-left

This is the base:

image.png.d4fe69576ec16826f02dc14d76d2f9f3.png

This is the phone mount that screws into the base:

I use this one as well.  Really no good places to put a phone holder in the truck.  For most driving, it is fine in this location.   For long hauls, I don't like it there because I like to rest my leg against that spot.

Any other place in the truck either covers up vents, buttons, dials or it sits up for the rest of the world to see!

I am really confused why many of you have these.  I am seeing a lot of center console trucks, where there is the rubber mat right in front of the USB ports.  THAT IS YOUR CELL PHONE HOLDER.  Hook in your USB, set phone there, done.  If you have that, you have Android Auto / CarPlay, so a cell holder where you can see your phone is totally pointless.

8 hours ago, Nitrousbird said:

I am really confused why many of you have these.  I am seeing a lot of center console trucks, where there is the rubber mat right in front of the USB ports.  THAT IS YOUR CELL PHONE HOLDER.  Hook in your USB, set phone there, done.  If you have that, you have Android Auto / CarPlay, so a cell holder where you can see your phone is totally pointless.

.. I understand why many members here would want to use a phone holder with a dedicated charger.. the downstream Android Auto USB ports are great for data connectivity but fall far short for charging capability. These USB 2.0 ports spec is 5VDC/0.5A -barely enough to trickle charge a modern smart phone.. couple that with the power demands of GPS and audio streaming and you result in a negative charge rate. A dedicated Qi wireless charger can provide 10W of power or a Qualcomm standard charger can provide fast charge at rated 5,9,12 and even 20VDC bringing charge times measured in hours to minutes.

• Like 2