Phone mount?

14 hours ago, Ravenkeeper said:

I had one similar to that, but it fell apart after 2 years.  Besides, I like having the second cupholder for whoever is in the truck with me, or for my fries in one and drink in the other.

Sorry for your bad luck on that one...had this one for almost 3 years now without incident, maybe it depends on which of the "clones" one buys...definitely a lot of similar ones out there. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, thatryan said:

Just saw this, reminded me of how I did my phone mount a couple years ago, still love the location and works great.

That's the way that I did mine in my '15 LTZ.  Loved it, took some work, but was "easy."  They used a 6' cord to the glovebox USB, but I ran mine to the center console box, 10' cord.

I have a suction mounted iOttie on the front of the cup holder on the center console. Doesn’t interfere with using the cup holder and is right about where my hand is while I drive.

a8829994dfdbf263f5521b092f0526ae.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/23/2019 at 2:57 PM, Vulcan762 said:

Just wanted to share my cheap cell phone mount. I have a 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 Denali with the removable / relocatable cup holders. The face of the cup holder assembly is smooth and is a good place to mount a suction cup phone holder base like the one I bought from Amazon for a whopping $7.99. And the surprise is that the mount adjusts for height/length and tilt/angle. Seems very stable and holds tight. Best $8 I've spent in a long time.

Link to mount

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07F462SXM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

IMG_8537.JPG

IMG_8539.JPG

61RyyQf26FL._SL1000_.jpg

This is by far my favorite option for my "new" 2015 Sierra. No Android car play or whatever you call it, so I need some sort of mount for nav. I tried a vent mount but the vertical vents leave it too wiggly. The Proclip stuff looks like it is sure to damage the dash over time, or too futsy to retrofit something with wireles charging to it. I will try one of these suction cup mounts, and if the joints are loose I'll put a drop of superglue in each once I find the positiopn I like. Buying the highest rated one on amazon at the moment with wireless charging: 

https://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Charger-Dashboard-Windshield-Compatible/dp/B07ZJ5WDPG/ref=sr_1_5?keywords=wireless+car+mount+suction&qid=1573610931&sr=8-5

I do wish I could figure out something to mount it higher (like where the dash mounted proclip goes) without having cords running all over or mounting to the windshield. If I could find a cheap replacement dash, I'd buy it, throw it in the garage and drill away on the one in the truck to get it perfect.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, C Turner said:

This is by far my favorite option for my "new" 2015 Sierra. No Android car play or whatever you call it, so I need some sort of mount for nav. I tried a vent mount but the vertical vents leave it too wiggly. The Proclip stuff looks like it is sure to damage the dash over time, or too futsy to retrofit something with wireles charging to it. I will try one of these suction cup mounts, and if the joints are loose I'll put a drop of superglue in each once I find the positiopn I like. Buying the highest rated one on amazon at the moment with wireless charging: 

https://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Charger-Dashboard-Windshield-Compatible/dp/B07ZJ5WDPG/ref=sr_1_5?keywords=wireless+car+mount+suction&qid=1573610931&sr=8-5

I do wish I could figure out something to mount it higher (like where the dash mounted proclip goes) without having cords running all over or mounting to the windshield. If I could find a cheap replacement dash, I'd buy it, throw it in the garage and drill away on the one in the truck to get it perfect.

Don’t be scared by the price of the mount I used for my install. It’s been like 8,000 miles and it’s still rock solid. It’s gone up a $1 in price but still....9 bucks. Lol

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Vulcan762 said:

Don’t be scared by the price of the mount I used for my install. It’s been like 8,000 miles and it’s still rock solid. It’s gone up a $1 in price but still....9 bucks. Lol

Can't beat that price! I may even be able to get one of my current wireless chargers to work on it as they appear to share the same ball style mount, but not 100% sure about that so I'll just spend the big bucks and get the one that will give me wireless charging capabilities :D

I’ve got an iottie mounted on my windshield in the left hand corner. It doesn’t obstruct the view for me at all. It is a wireless charging one, so I have my cable ran down the A pillar and hardwired in. I also have a tablet mount in my one cup holder. I did the second cup holder mod shortly after getting the truck so I still have 3 empty cup holders available. I use my iPad mini for navigation since the factory GM navigation blows balls.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 11/13/2019 at 2:30 PM, catpartsman said:

I’ve got an iottie mounted on my windshield in the left hand corner. It doesn’t obstruct the view for me at all. It is a wireless charging one, so I have my cable ran down the A pillar and hardwired in. I also have a tablet mount in my one cup holder. I did the second cup holder mod shortly after getting the truck so I still have 3 empty cup holders available. I use my iPad mini for navigation since the factory GM navigation blows balls.

I just got the iottie easy one touch wireless 2.  Could you tell me how you hardwired a usb cable to the fuse block?  Use something like this? Amazon.com: Pruveeo Dash Cam Hardwire Kit, Mini USB Hard Wire Kit for Dashcam Parking Mode and Motion Detection, Surveillance with 2 Fuse Tap Cable 12V-30V to 5V: Home Audio & Theater