New 2019 Silverados and GMC Sierras Are Arriving At Dealers - What Are Shoppers Saying?

Gorehamj

silverados by zane.jpg

John Goreham

Staff Writer

8-22-18

Concurrent with a press release from GM about GMC Sierras arriving at dealers, members of the Facebook Club 2019+ Chevy Silverado have begun to post images of the Silverado at their local dealers. Comments by members who have posted their initial impressions are very positive. Mike S. saw the LT Z71 and had a lot of positive comments. He summed up his impressions by saying, "Trucks look MUCH better in person than in pictures."

silverado advert.jpg

Tyler G. showed off a picture of a new Silverado already equipped with a lift and aftermarket tires being promoted by a dealer in Georgia. Sean F. grabbed a couple images of a sweet black SLT being prepped for display. Anastasios N. showed off an image of a red RST Z71.

GM says the Sierra Denali is also now on its way and arriving at GMC dealers. Like all rollouts, not every trim and not every coming version of the new Silverado and Sierra is on its way just yet. The new diesel engine-equipped trucks and those with the new 2.7-liter turbo are going to come later, possibly in the spring. 

If you happen into a dealership and see a new 2019 Silverado or Sierra please post an image here in the comments below.  The icon to insert an image is located at the bottom left of the text box that opens when you initiate a comment. 

Top of page image by Zane Merva.

I’m as hardcore GM as they come. Ugliest pickup design I have ever seen imho. Extremely disappointed. Went out and bought an ‘18 off the lot so I’d have a nice looking truck until the next re-design.  

To each his own, but not for me. Take the new tweeks to the ‘19 Camaro along with you. I’d actually buy a Mustang over the Camaro in ‘19. Sad. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, pillman said:

I’m as hardcore GM as they come. Ugliest pickup design I have ever seen imho. Extremely disappointed. Went out and bought an ‘18 off the lot so I’d have a nice looking truck until the next re-design.  

To each his own, but not for me. Take the new tweeks to the ‘19 Camaro along with you. I’d actually buy a Mustang over the Camaro in ‘19. Sad. 

So this is your opinion on both silverado and sierra?

Yes. I do prefer the Sierra over the Silverado. In fairness, I have not seen one of either in person so I suppose I should reserve my final judgement on them until then, but man, I just don’t jive with the design from what I see in 2 dimension. 

5 hours ago, CadillacLuke24 said:

I suspect I will be one of the last to see them in person (out in the middle of nowhere) but I'm curious to see what they look like in person, especially if they look better in real life. 

In Canada the first of these new trucks isn't expected until late October November....every dealership tells me so.

I digress...You will be the last to see them hahahaha

Even in Wyoming I'm sure I'll see one in the wild, wouldn't mind seeing one at the dealer. Sometimes they leave vehicles around here unlocked. That's how I found out Chevy got the K2XX floor liners fixed on their final iteration, and how I got to check out a CT6 without a salesman around (DO WANT)

On 8/23/2018 at 8:39 PM, pillman said:

I'd agree with you on Mustang over Camaro...and even 18 f150 over 18 Silverado but the 19 Silverado is just beautiful on the outside.  First time I'd consider a Silverado in a looooong time. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Sierra Dan said:

I am partial to the '19 Silverado also. But to get a 6.2 in the Trail Boss, I would have to go for a GMC Trail Boss in the AT4

I'm not wild about that.  Best option if you like the Silverado is to get a LTZ and buy the Trailboss susspension, which I guess is $1295. 

Saw the 2019 Silverado over the weekend....ugly, wouldn't consider it. Haven't seen the Sierra yet, but still likely looking to buy a 2018, as the deals may be hard to ignore with the new body style rolling out.