In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Sign in to follow this  
JamesAT18

Audio Quality - XM Radio vs Spotify/Pandora/iTunes

I have the bose audio system in my 2018 All Terrain. I have the XM Radio trial and I have my subscription to Spotify. After about 2 month of ownership I've realized that the XM Radio has significant better quality in sound than using apps from my phone by bluetooth, or apple play. I have adjusted some settings within those apps to play the highest quality yet it doesn't translate as well as the XM Radio. 

Each time I switch between the two. I have to crank up the volume for spotify and crank it back down when on XM.

Anyone else experience that? Any resolution?

I only use satellite radio or my iPhone for music. 

Compared to satellite, when I Bluetooth through my phone the volume is significantly lower.  If I use my phone for music when its plugged into the usb the volume is about the same as when im listening to satellite 

So yes same issue here

XM signal is really compressed too. Not that great of sound quality. Listen to an old school CD or a stereo FM station and you will think your XM sounds horrible too.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By oso806
      So my battery needed a jump on sunday leaving o'riley's. got them to give me a jump and as i'm driving home, the radio shuts off. now the tv only turns on when I put the truck in reverse. i checked the radio fuse and its good. also opened up the glove compartment and unplugged the blue cable for 15 sec like i saw in a youtube video. I should also add that im able to listen to the radio using the steering wheel controls but only for about 15 min before it shuts itself off.
    • By Danygo
      Hi people!!! I am little new in this truck world, I love my Silverado but I hate no to have all the functionality’s in the radio, I actually have a Silverado 2014 wt but I would like to update my radio, I see in a several pages selling the 7 or 8 inch screen, but I know this is not the only thing I have to change to make it work. I need your help please, what’s is the right way to do it with out change for an aftermarket radio, I can get the modules but anyway I don’t know if this really work. Thxs in advance!!!! 
    • By Benjamin Leach
      I recently had a heater core leak in my 1999 chevy silverado and had an ASE certified shop replace the core and inspect the ac evaporator and actuators while replacing it.  When I got the truck back the center bracket where the Radio and HVAC controls mount under the trim is offset, with the left side being lower than the right side. I also noted the fold down cupholder bolt points are not completely lined up with the trim that's over it. I contacted the shop to bring it back in under warranty but was wondering if anyone has a full dashboard diagram that might illustrate where the correct positions for the bracket underneath to attach is or has had any experience with this sort of reassembly issue before (I have extensively searched and came up empty). This isn't an area I have had a lot of experience with being a near full dash teardown and I like to know more of what I'm talking about to communicate well and to be a good customer.
    • By Brandon Timmons
      Hey everyone,

I bought a 2010 1500 recently and only the front passenger speaker, tweeter and front driver side tweeter are working along with the radio itself. I tried changing the front driver side speaker with no luck. Are there any fuses for individual speakers?