In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Hello everyone, newbie here with a question. I want to ask if anyone installed an amplifier/subwoofer yet. I would like to hide the amp and only have the speaker wires running to the cargo area.

My question is where is a good place to hind the amplifier?

• 3 weeks later...

There are a few of us who have done it. Do you have the lower deck cargo storage compartment? There is a channel that you can run wiring over to a converter depending on what version of Bose you have. Let us know if you have any questions. Three of us for sure have done it.

Hello, thank you for the reply. Any advise is appreciated. Not sure how to identify the specific stereo I have. I have a 2018 Suburban Premier. I was thinking of those compartment but didnt know how the heat would fair in the closed compartment like that. I just found some pics of the compartment on left side fender area where the jack tool kit is. If others have an amp in the storage compartment then I would like to know more and pic would be a huge help to envision the project.

I do know I should take the signal from the subwoofer in the center console area because of access to the lower frequency. 

Thanks

If you have nothing else in that area you shouldn't have any issues. One of my brothers has an 1100 watt kicker amp in that compartment in his tahoe which is even smaller and he has not had any overheating issues. The nice thing about it is like I said there is a channel on each side and in between the seat backs and itself for running wires over to the factory amp for signal on the left side behind that vented panel you see in the picture. If you were really wanting to go hardcore you could probably take a router and route in some small venting for air release but it is not air tight so air is moving in and out of it already. 

What is the setup you are doing?

Amp brand and size?

Sub brand and size?

Box set-up?

Edited by rxnotec
  • 2 years later...