My 2017 LT Z71 Build

2017_whitez71

On 8/26/2018 at 11:04 AM, 2017_whitez71 said:

GM performance intake and color matched engine cover installed. That brings you up to date on all my mods over the last year. 6911caceff07da769c5984af91235f29.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Where can I get is cover at?

11 hours ago, Scottyz71 said:

Nice work so far! What other things do you have planned?

What did the center console cost you? I'm looking to do the same to my truck

Thank you!  I have LTZ headlights to put in, just need to get time.  Would also like to do the illuminated door handles with the switchback LEDs.  Going to get a spray in bed liner and maybe bilstein 5100's to lift the front.  Tint the front windows and new tires when these stock goodyears wear out.  Have a few interior lighting ideas I want to do also.

As far as the center console goes, i got it for $365 on ebay if I remember correctly.  It was a new take out, that was about a year ago.  I just finally got around to putting it in a few weeks ago.  I think the days of finding them cheap like that are gone.  That being said, I love the center console and would have gladly paid more for it. It's so much more useful than the jump seat.

9 hours ago, rae185 said:

Where can I get is cover at?

I got mine from ebay.  You can order it from any gm parts website or dealer.  I painted mine.  It comes in gray from GM.  

Here's the part numbers you need.

Engine Cover:  Gm part number: 12643295  (2014 5.3 Silverado came with studs already in place for these covers)

Chevrolet Emblem: GM part number 12620295 

GMC Emblem:  GM part number 12620296

Studs:  GM part number 11611691 (some of the 5.3 engines do not have the studs 2014+) need 2 of these.

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Jaychevy81 said:

I really like the chrome handle nice touch was it hard to do? Any info thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Part number is 22861304

It was easy just need to remove the plate on the underside of the lid. Then just unbolt the old handle and bolt up the new one.  I watched a video that @pgamboa made about swapping out the charging module.  At 6:15 in the video he talks about how to remove the cover.  Here's the link to the video.  

• Like 2