Resonators gone new mesh screens replace them

The Resonance Free Pipe (RFP) takes the place of a traditional resonator with much less weight and bulk. Some vehicle applications however still use resonators. An RFP works by venting a small amount of gas through the mesh in the pipe to break up standing waves which cause resonance in longer pipe sections. One tuning valve is used on the 5.3L L84 and two tuning valves are used on the 6.2L L87.

2019 Silverado exhaust.jpg

2019 Silverado exhaust1.jpg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, 2019denali said:

I have the new Denali 6.2 what you think I will gain if I delete them.?

Nothing.  The fact that they let the exhaust flow out to me would seem that it doesn't make a difference. It still allows the exhaust to flow more freely than a traditional resonator.  No back pressure.

5 hours ago, 2019denali said:

So what I’m seeing in the pic it comes like that.? I’m just looking for a lil more sound think by cutting them off will give me some sound.? 

Yes if you weld them up or cut them off the sound will be louder.

7 hours ago, 2019denali said:

So what I’m seeing in the pic it comes like that.? I’m just looking for a lil more sound think by cutting them off will give me some sound.? 

There is only one way to find out

th28YUSMYX.jpg.1c685ed7b59c58bfc895b6889adfc528.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, 2019denali said:

No.  Works for drone/resonance elimination.  Change the muffler out.  That will get you more sound.   

Edited by newdude

If you want to see what happens when you get rid of them, just cover them with exhaust tape or something.  It's far enough back where it shouldn't get too hot and even if it only lasts a while you will know what the effects are.  

That took some r&d to figure out.  I don't think positive things will cone from removing them.

• Like 1