Our 2019 Silverado Has Sat In Fort Wayne For 20 Days

Zane

2019_Chevy_Silverado_First_Drive_11.jpg

This is an RST.... not our LTZ that has been vacationing in Indiana this month...

Zane Merva

Executive Editor, GM-Trucks.com

8/26/18

We got really excited when the 2019 Silverado LTZ we ordered in May was built at the beginning of this month. We had assumed that since baby blue was off the line and marked at GM Event Code 4000 (Available To Ship) that our new pickup would head our way quickly. 

Turns out we couldn't have been more wrong.  Our 2019 Silverado has sat in the parking lot of the Fort Wayne truck plant for the last twenty days since it was marked ready to ship on August 6th. After talking to Chevy chat, our dealer, and even the lead engineer on the truck, we're more confused than ever to why our Silverado has been quietly vacationing in Indiana for the last month. 

• Our dealer thinks it might be because of the color (Northsky Blue Metallic) as other blue trucks in our area have not shipped yet.
  • Last month 2019 Silverado Chief Engineer Tim Herrick emphatically told us that the new 2019's were shipping from the factory ahead of schedule and there were not any issues with particular colors. 
  • Chevy Chat thinks the truck might have been pulled for quality control

Our own research on GM Event Codes leads us to believe that it might be as simple as our truck waiting for the next ride to NH (of which there apparently are not many?)

In any case, our 2019 Silverado LTZ is still in the parking lot at Fort Wayne. Produced, alive, but sitting still for the moment. Hopefully on the way to us soon... but we're not holding our breath anymore. 

Talk about the thrill of waiting! 

Speaking of which, I can't even order mine yet because a standard bed isn't allowed to be ordered right now.  I have to wait until October or November to place my order.  So I will not see mine until Jan/Feb. 

I've been looking forward to this new truck ever since they were announced last year, I guess a few more months will not make a difference.

My 2019 High Country in Havana Brown  was ordered on June 22, built the week of August 20 and the Dealer has been notified to expect delivery in the next 2 weeks!  I hope this is true since few Dealers in FL have received any 2019's yet.

My opinion on this situation.

Waiting for a full load to next destination.

Day of loading for delivery to the next place.

Won't start.

Dead battery from sitting.

Quick charge to get it started. 

How many times do they charge the battery in transit before you pick it up?

Maybe the cause of batteries not lasting once taken off the lot.

Auto batteries are supposed to maintained at a full charge unlike a deep cycle battery.

:)

OY VEH!

Definitely some sort of  "QC" issue there Zane.

I guess this is one of the reasons to wait on a first year model.

Although trying to contain your excitement of being one of the first to custom order and take delivery is hard to do!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, lapoolboy said:

The most likely scenario is that it is waiting on transport.  They have to work out the logistics of transport via rail and/or truck.  Trust me when I say they WILL NOT begin transport until the train/truck/whatever is FULL!  Same reason airlines don't like empty seats!

I completely understand. I just wish GM could prioritize the sold orders. My dealer started paying floor plan financing on our truck last Friday. That's not fair to them. We want to buy it right now and it's built. Lets get the show on the road. :lol:

Maybe it does have something to do with Color? Particularly the Blue or North Sky ?

I am not seeing but a couple online when I search for the new 2019 Sierra or Silverado, at least not on cars.com

Most trucks are Cajun Red, Red, Quiksilver, Havana Brown, Black/Onyx Black, and White.

There are a few Iridium White scattered here and there.

10 minutes ago, Zane said:

Yes. Here's the parking lot on google maps. No big deal though. We'll clay and wax soon after it gets here. 

Just go for the ceramic coating once you get it.  Around here it only cost $1,500 to have a full size truck done.  :)

What is up with a Tim Hortons inside the assembly plant.  One would think it would be a Dunkin Donuts or Starbucks.

Edited by Black02Silverado

1 hour ago, Black02Silverado said:

Just go for the ceramic coating once you get it.  Around here it only cost $1,500 to have a full size truck done.  :)

What is up with a Tim Hortons inside the assembly plant.  One would think it would be a Dunkin Donuts or Starbucks.

"Only" when a little time with a coat of wax will have similar results twice a year (if it sits outside) for penny's on the dollar... Hard pass, especially on a truck that gets put to work.

Tyler

• Like 1

My 3500 HD , Stone Blue ,was built on June 26th. Delivered to the dealer Aug 3rd and picked up the next day. I have to say it is by far the nicest paint job I've ever had on a new vehicle, and I've had several over the years. My vehicles are garage kept, and I still polish/wax them usually once a month . With that said , I don't know what the dealer put on it but I never had one so slick, shinny and water repellent  from a dealer before. I've washed 3 times already and just polished it with the product I use , but probably still didn't have too. 

So if they do to yours what they did to mine Zane , no worry's. 

But yes I feel your pain in waiting for it to get delivered . 

Good luck 

Scott