Zane

Our 2019 Silverado Has Sat In Fort Wayne For 20 Days

My brand new Colorado was purchased in the evening and I woke up the next morning and discovered birds plummeted the first half of the hood with poop. I soaked a towel with hot water and let it set to safely removed it the correct way. I wiped it away and discovered it had 5 pencil head size circles in the paint. A friend that works at a body shop looked at it and said there isn’t he can do but repaint it because the acid in the bird poop etched right through it. Lesson learned, I’d go with something to protect the paint immediately in the future!

4 hours ago, Bbaaspencer said:

My brand new Colorado was purchased in the evening and I woke up the next morning and discovered birds plummeted the first half of the hood with poop. I soaked a towel with hot water and let it set to safely removed it the correct way. I wiped it away and discovered it had 5 pencil head size circles in the paint. A friend that works at a body shop looked at it and said there isn’t he can do but repaint it because the acid in the bird poop etched right through it. Lesson learned, I’d go with something to protect the paint immediately in the future!

Or don't park under the hydro line running to your house.  

On ‎2018‎-‎08‎-‎27 at 4:16 PM, diyer2 said:

My opinion on this situation.

Waiting for a full load to next destination.

Day of loading for delivery to the next place.

Won't start.

Dead battery from sitting.

Quick charge to get it started. 

How many times do they charge the battery in transit before you pick it up?

Maybe the cause of batteries not lasting once taken off the lot.

Auto batteries are supposed to maintained at a full charge unlike a deep cycle battery.

:)

Batteries wont be hurt by sitting. They are likely going to sit longer on the dealers lot before being sold.  Batteries don't go dead in transit anymore, they have built in battery cut offs if there is something left on.  Back in the 70s and 80s it was more likely to run into a dead battery.  I remember coming home from some relatives as a kid and seeing two cars on the truck/trailer with dome lights on.  In Ontario its a long way from railroad yard to some of the cities up north, if that truck was heading up north with those cars, it was likely those two would need a boost.

My truck sat in the lot at my home port for 3 wks before making its way to my dealer. It actually took GM intervention to get it to move - seems that they got on my dealer's case for not delivering 9 cars by the end of the month/quarter - all nine (including mine) were all stuck waiting for convey drivers to haul them out. GM allowed the dealer to go to the port and retrieve them. The day I picked up my truck there were three car carriers with cars sitting on the lot being unloaded.

And then there is the opposite, my buddy bought his 04 SLT 3rd week of October 03, dealer called him 17 days later telling him his truck just showed up.  It likely helped dealer was 25 miles from plant.  Salesman said it was the quickest turnaround he had seen in his 26 years at that dealership. My buddy didn't expect to see it till Christmas.  My buddy worked in the Oshawa plant at the time, but not in the truck plant, he was on the Buick line. 

Zane, What are the chances that they allow you to pick the Truck up(save on the Destination Charge)? Maybe they are waiting to build the '60-day-supply' before shipping? 

2 hours ago, cfskelly said:

Zane, What are the chances that they allow you to pick the Truck up(save on the Destination Charge)? 

I never pay this stupid "destination charge" anyway.  I tell the dealer that it is not my responsibility to get the product to their lot.  

It might be as simple as waiting for a part to arrive.   I do know they will pull cars off the line and set them aside until the part comes in and the car (truck in this instance) can be finished...

John

If I had your contacts and resources Zane I would just fly over and drive that baby home! ahahahah

On 8/31/2018 at 2:42 PM, cfskelly said:

Zane, What are the chances that they allow you to pick the Truck up(save on the Destination Charge)? Maybe they are waiting to build the '60-day-supply' before shipping? 

Zero. We definitely don't rank high enough. :lol: