BC_Silverado

Do the 2019's all have Auto-Stop???

Yeah, drove my sister in laws f150 last year... didnt know it had start and stop... we were stopped and I felt something funny... looked at tach and was down at 0 and I was like what the heck? On her's it does not have a spot on the tach that says auto start/stop... I released the brake and it started... so I was like ok now I see. 

I wasnt a huge fan of the way it felt.... and literally did it every time I stopped in a traffic back up situation. 

Like it or hate it.. no way around it from this point foward... it's hear to stay on all trucks.  I'm sure there will be some internet hacks to perm disable soon..  or some kind of tune that will shut it off like AFM

Maybe they will sell a lot more base trim trucks than before....

L82 version of 5.3 doesn't seem to have it.  It's the one used on base trims. (base trim sierra, WT and customs on silvy)

Edited by redwngr

There is some irony in all this start stop techno feature . Was always taught that most engine wear happens on start up. That being said seems like one start up going across city vs. 10 start ups across city is much better for me if I intend to keep truck beyond 3 years .

Cold starts vs hot starts are very different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This, but it has to be done each time you restart the truck.

No biggie just like rev match on my Camaro

Ryan B.

Here or not its a turn off for me. Shutting off my engine at some major intersection is nuts. I would like to see it as an option you could enable or disable. 

32 minutes ago, crankman said:

Here or not its a turn off for me. Shutting off my engine at some major intersection is nuts. I would like to see it as an option you could enable or disable. 

You better get used to it since all future car and truck models are going to have it.  For example,  in Europe you can't get a model without it!  I don't even notice it anymore and it does make a difference in MPG in stop and go traffic.

The simple solution is stop voting for those mandating this shit.

• Like 5

19 hours ago, crankman said:

So far all the trucks have an off button. I drove a Malibu once without a way to disable it. 

2019 Sierra OM:

Auto Stops may not occur and/or Auto Starts may occur because:

. The climate control settings require the engine to be running to cool or heat the vehicle interior.
. The vehicle battery charge is low. 

. The vehicle battery has recently been disconnected.
. Minimum vehicle speed has not been reached since the last Auto Stop.
. The accelerator pedal is pressed.
. The engine or transmission is not at the required operating temperature.
. The outside temperature is not in the required operating range.
. The vehicle is in any gear other than D (Drive).
. Tow/Haul Mode or other driver modes have been selected.
. The vehicle is on a steep hill or grade.
. The driver door has been opened or the driver seat belt has been unbuckled.
. The hood has been opened.
. The Auto Stop has reached the maximum allowed time.  

Auto Stop Disable Switch
If equipped, the automatic engine Stop/Start feature can be disabled and enabled by pressing the switch with the 'A' symbol. Auto Stop is enabled each time you start the vehicle.
When 'A' symbol is illuminated, the system is enabled.

Edited by redwngr

On 10/20/2018 at 11:48 AM, MikeNH said:

So far all the trucks have an off button. I drove a Malibu once without a way to disable it. 

I did as well.  2014 model.  2.5L.  It was a very impressive car, EXCEPT for the auto stop feature. 

If you shift the vehicle in to L and then press the up arrow until it is set to L6 (or highest) then it will drive just like a normal auto. But side note I will never buy or rent a car with that tech in it!

I let my 65 GTO idle in the driveway all day while I am at work, just to get revenge on those eco-weenie bastards that force this crap on us.