For Those Who Contemplate Moving to RAM......

Automakers and Dealerships face problems all the time. This includes GM and all of the owners/members here.

No doubt the 2019 T1's will have their fair share of gremlins. :sigh:

For those of you on the fence about moving over to the 2019 RAM.....with it's Bentley like interior…..   here is a little reading material:

https://www.ramforum.com/threads/2019-problem-fix-thread.123294/      

• Haha 1

I have been following the RAM boards closely as this truck has been #1 on my list.  They have having some common issues for sure, enough that I'm personally backing away from a new RAM and now considering a 2019 Silverado. 

However,  I also try to remember is the numbers... 2019 RAM's have been on the road for 6 months now and there are probably tens of thousands of them out there.  Of course there will be more complaints, etc.  GM just rolled out in the last few weeks, will be interesting to read what new owners have to say in the months ahead....

• Like 2

I personally know of two friends who own the 2019 RAM

Both loaded Laramie Limited platforms.

Both have been long time loyal Dodge/RAM owners.

Both are ready to chuck their RAM's in the Missouri River and move to another brand.

I can't say this is the case across the board, but my buddies are NOT satisfied with their new trucks and I feel sad for them.

Hopefully the 2019 T1 GM semi twins will not suffer the same ridicule after 6 months.

• Like 1

I have been following the RAM boards closely as this truck has been #1 on my list.  They have having some common issues for sure, enough that I'm personally backing away from a new RAM and now considering a 2019 Silverado. 

However,  I also try to remember is the numbers... 2019 RAM's have been on the road for 6 months now and there are probably tens of thousands of them out there.  Of course there will be more complaints, etc.  GM just rolled out in the last few weeks, will be interesting to read what new owners have to say in the months ahead....

What do they call it when you gather trash together and mold it into something? Dodge/Ram!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Haha 2

Some say Ram are inferior to GM, some say GM is inferior to Ford. I don’t drink the kool-aid. I know people who drive Rams, Fords GMs, all will say about the same thing when it comes to their rides. Even if there’s lack of quality you have to give them credit for giving the customer what they want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

They say never to buy a first-year or last-year model of a vehicle's generation.  They also say never to buy one built on a Monday or Friday or day before or after a holiday--but I dunno how you find that out to avoid buying one.  

2 hours ago, Sierra Dan said:

I personally know of two friends who own the 2019 RAM

Both loaded Laramie Limited platforms.

Both have been long time loyal Dodge/RAM owners.

Both are ready to chuck their RAM's in the Missouri River and move to another brand.

I can't say this is the case across the board, but my buddies are NOT satisfied with their new trucks and I feel sad for them.

Hopefully the 2019 T1 GM semi twins will not suffer the same ridicule after 6 months.

Funny I've been noticing in other threads your dislike for ram.  I don't know much about the 19s, but I've had a 15' Ram Sport since it was new, and I was very hesitant on purchasing a dodge as I knew friends especially in the 90s who had Dodge Rams and they fell apart and had trannie issues before they even went out of warranty.  All the while, they wished they had gone with chevys like I had.  Then I had a neighbor who had the newer ram, I think his was a 12' model and he absolutely loved the truck.  I ended up taking a chance and purchasing one when I sold my last gm truck, and I gotta say it's been one of the best trucks I've ever had!  Now it's only got 35k miles, and yes there are little things here and there that seem cheap or have come apart all which the dealer fixed while it was under warranty except the side of bed dent, that was one thing that really pissed me off.  I told them I'm rough with my truck and use it as a truck unloading junk and stuff, never had any of my chevys ever gotten dented when I leaned against the bed to take a load of stuff out.  Corporate didn't seem to care and warranty denied it.  Other than that it runs great, sounds great, rides great and man do I get lots of compliments on it as well!  I think it really comes down to what one's preference is.  Will I get another Ram?  Maybe, although I will probably go with another chevy this time around as I just always been gm guy.  My vette lets me still enjoy the gm excitement, but when it comes time and the deals seem right I might go get me a new silverado!

Do I dislike RAM ?  Can't Really say that I dislike them, as I have never owned one nor am I familiar with them or FORD or NISSAN or TOYOTA.

I have been a GM person all of my life. The company is somehow in my blood.

My Dad worked in the Leed's plant for almost 35 years here in Kansas City where he retired.

GM is who placed food on our table, lighted our home, sent me to school and provided my Dad, the retiree with an excellent pension and health benefits until the day he passed in 2012.

Sure, they may not be the same company they were back in the day but they are still around even after the Govt. bailout.

But one thing is certain about GM. GM has always been GM. This is what has kept me coming back to this brand for truck purchases.

RAM is now FIAT. Not Dodge.

GM is my truck of choice Regardless of the problems, recalls, negative comments and criticism.

If you read my other posts or topic you will also note that I praise the RAM owner(s) as it is their decision to make as well as yours from the statement above.

If you also read further and dive in you will notice that I also am subjective to GM and their products both past and present. And I will be in the future as well.

RAMS have problems, Silverado and Sierra trucks have problems.... I can go on and on.

Most of the critics/reviewers/media and some of the site members here Praise the RAM interiors. Myself included. How can you not? Facts are facts good or bad.

That fact alone is not what is going to send the truck to #1 in sales.

And on the other hand, a lackluster interior on new GM trucks will not be what sends them to the bottom.

• Like 1