For Those Who Contemplate Moving to RAM......

On 8/31/2018 at 1:19 PM, Sierra Dan said:

Do I dislike RAM ?  Can't Really say that I dislike them, as I have never owned one nor am I familiar with them or FORD or NISSAN or TOYOTA.

I have been a GM person all of my life. The company is somehow in my blood.

My Dad worked in the Leed's plant for almost 35 years here in Kansas City where he retired.

GM is who placed food on our table, lighted our home, sent me to school and provided my Dad, the retiree with an excellent pension and health benefits until the day he passed in 2012.

Sure, they may not be the same company they were back in the day but they are still around even after the Govt. bailout.

But one thing is certain about GM. GM has always been GM. This is what has kept me coming back to this brand for truck purchases.

RAM is now FIAT. Not Dodge.

GM is my truck of choice Regardless of the problems, recalls, negative comments and criticism.

If you read my other posts or topic you will also note that I praise the RAM owner(s) as it is their decision to make as well as yours from the statement above.

If you also read further and dive in you will notice that I also am subjective to GM and their products both past and present. And I will be in the future as well.

RAMS have problems, Silverado and Sierra trucks have problems.... I can go on and on.

Most of the critics/reviewers/media and some of the site members here Praise the RAM interiors. Myself included. How can you not? Facts are facts good or bad.

That fact alone is not what is going to send the truck to #1 in sales.

And on the other hand, a lackluster interior on new GM trucks will not be what sends them to the bottom.

IMO, GM's truck interiors have never been best in class. But they are perfectly designed for those of us that use trucks to do truck things. I can operate all the controls with gloves on on bitter cold mornings, the dash isn't cluttered with extra buttons I'll never use, there's just enough soft touch materials and rubber dampened knobs to keep the truck from feeling like a fleet trim, etc. The 14-18 GM trucks were criticized for their interiors and exterior styling, yet GM has sold more half-tons than Ford the last few years. Not everybody buys a truck based on which interior is the most pretty.

Ram might have sprinkled a lot of glitter on the 2019 truck but the early reports from owners is exactly what I expected. It took Ram over a decade to put out a 4th gen Ram that had reasonably consistent build quality. It'll take them years to fix just the basic issues that have cropped up so far with the 2019's. Plus there's no fix for the IFS that uses plastic control arms, the minivan style knob shifter, or the unreliable air bag suspension that has a rep for failing in subzero temps. The payload ratings are still unimpressive from what I've seen too. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well said Honda.

Problem is, in Ram is praised and chosen #1 due to the cushy ride and Luxurious interior in most reviews we watch on vid or read about so far in the 2019 half ton truck segment.

Real world daily use by truck owners tells us that GM does not stand out in any 1 category.....but

everything comes together and works well. 

This is what should count and what does to me.

My 14 Sierra SLT premium is the most luxurious GM truck interior i have owned.

The Ram features and engineering are overkill in real world use if you ask me.

If you want a panoramic Sunroof, buy a convertible! :lol:

• Like 2

Well said Honda.
Problem is, in Ram is praised and chosen #1 due to the cushy ride and Luxurious interior in most reviews we watch on vid or read about so far in the 2019 half ton truck segment.
Real world daily use by truck owners tells us that GM does not stand out in any 1 category.....but
everything comes together and works well. 
This is what should count and what does to me.
My 14 Sierra SLT premium is the most luxurious GM truck interior i have owned.
The Ram features and engineering are overkill in real world use if you ask me.
If you want a panoramic Sunroof, buy a convertible! :lol:

Still worst in crash test, EVERYTHING falls apart on Ram, everything. No wonder it’s the cheapest. Btw, it’s a gimmick, draw you in on fluffy interior but the truck is garbage. Put a big screen in will attract monkeys but what the hell am I going to do with that when I’m working with dirty greasy hands wearing gloves??? 19 Rams have been out for about 6 months and have already a large amounts of complaints. I’ve two what’s considered high end Ram trucks and they were GARBAGE, parts falling off and always in the shop and worst of all couldn’t carry what my GM trucks could. 32 TRUCKS, SUVS AND COUNTING but never ever another Dodge Ram product.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last year, a long time buddy of mine owns a large mortgage firm in Texas, we’re out having dinner one early evening, he said he admired my vehicles and we drove over to a Ram dealership, I asked him what are we doing here (as I was looking around thinking yuck) and he said that big grey loaded out truck is his, just bought it. I met up with him about two months ago, he was driving a Denali DMax 2500. I asked him where’s the Ram? His reply: I got rid of that pc of [emoji90] and absolutely loves his GMC truck. Owned by Fiat one of the worst auto manufacturers on the planet! Ha!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HondaHawkGT said:

IMO, GM's truck interiors have never been best in class. But they are perfectly designed for those of us that use trucks to do truck things. I can operate all the controls with gloves on on bitter cold mornings, the dash isn't cluttered with extra buttons I'll never use, there's just enough soft touch materials and rubber dampened knobs to keep the truck from feeling like a fleet trim, etc. The 14-18 GM trucks were criticized for their interiors and exterior styling, yet GM has sold more half-tons than Ford the last few years. Not everybody buys a truck based on which interior is the most pretty.

Ram might have sprinkled a lot of glitter on the 2019 truck but the early reports from owners is exactly what I expected. It took Ram over a decade to put out a 4th gen Ram that had reasonably consistent build quality. It'll take them years to fix just the basic issues that have cropped up so far with the 2019's. Plus there's no fix for the IFS that uses plastic control arms, the minivan style knob shifter, or the unreliable air bag suspension that has a rep for failing in subzero temps. The payload ratings are still unimpressive from what I've seen too. 

I was GUNG HO on 2014's....the 900's in my opinion blow!  Anyway, the outside design I liked and the interior I thought BLEW GOATS!~  Anyway, time passed I bought a 2016 Sierra SLT got the Body Style I LOVE gives me the SQUARE STYLE ACCENTS!  Fast forward......And it's probably the most functional interior I have ever owned in a car/truck it's that easy.  The durability has proven itself too!  

It's Obvious GM has built a TANK OF A TRUCK for 2019!  You get a nicer interior than K2'S and same functionality........GM does not give a crap about.....anything other than the TRUCK being TREATED like a TRUCK EACH DAY for 20yrs......Then they like to compare that fancy, nice shiny competitor's truck....at same distance....It's comical really.

Look at those 3qty TRUCKS....LOOK at em!  go grab the front bottom bumper/fascia weather chrome,or color matched right where it meets the fender well?  Push it in/out HARD.......Do it to all 3qty Brands currently!

I will not say anymore..........GM's continues to make a TRUCK better than these other impostors that think they are TRUCKS?

• Like 1

My 2007 Ram CTD was the best truck I’ve ever owned. I regret selling it.

That being said...the Agnelli family wants nothing more than to sell the company.

IMHO (and we all know about opinions), they prop profits by cutting corners, to make the company more attractive to potential suitors

I just don’t get that vault-like build quality with their current trucks, not like my seat of the pants feel I get with Ford and GM trucks.

I just don’t trust the brand to build a truck that’s built to last.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

On 9/2/2018 at 12:07 AM, pronstar said:

That being said...the Agnelli family wants nothing more than to sell the company.

Which is why Ram suddenly became so desperate to eliminate the iconic crosshair grille from Ram trucks, even though every replacement design so far has been ugly as f... Ram couldn't share the same signature design features as Dodge just in case some or all of FCA's brands were suddenly sold off. It will probably happen yet.

17 hours ago, HondaHawkGT said:

Which is why Ram suddenly became so desperate to eliminate the iconic crosshair grille from Ram trucks, even though every replacement design so far has been ugly as f... Ram couldn't share the same signature design features as Dodge just in case some or all of FCA's brands were suddenly sold off. It will probably happen yet.

Same reason FERD changes the engine architecture every model run?  Why...because customers want variety?  Lol.....GM is on what 120 million small bocks by now?  Please....the F-150 2.7eb all aluminium is gonna bang it out each and everyday for labor intensive heavy industrial construction companies?  GM finally put rear AC vents?  WOW...GM still no massaging seats....None of that crap matters when your powertrain is shredding apart at 70K let alone 200+  The LT's engines folks are simply a cut above the competition in performance and reliability  

• Like 1

the radio was in demo mode.  The dealer forgot to take it out of demo mode.  that was the issue there.

Anyone notice how they use the same design taillights on the 2019 as the previous gen had, only they put clear/white plastic in places to make it look different?  bah.   But the taillights still don't look as silly and gay as what the GMC and Chevy have, as well as the F150. 

8 hours ago, mts6175 said:

First 60 seconds of this video.  You'll know it when you see it (and he points it out)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNDRD2RKvpE

Hmmmm that has to be one of the more embarrassing mistakes I have seen on a brand new vehicle! :smash:

I have been driving a 2018 Dodge, 3/4 ton with a Cummins diesel! Love the diesel, but the truck is the most old fashioned truck I have driven in a while. just poorly thought out for a work truck. Most uncomfortable to drive as well. Seat and adjustments are about as comfortable as sitting on a five gallon pail. hahaha 

Just to bring a bit of sanity here... If you look at RAM forums they are chock full of people saying GM is crap, horrible quality (wobble, transmission, 1990s interiors quality), etc. Everyone apparently has a friend who dumped GM for RAM :-) Plenty of anecdotes of being stranded on highway with GMs...

It is an absolute fact by now that post 2010 all three GM/FORD/RAM are roughly the same in terms of initial or long term quality, each tailored for a specific group of buyers. Remove fleet sales and all three sell about the same amount of trucks. All good for us the consumers! 

• Like 1