For Those Who Contemplate Moving to RAM......

I am quite sure that these new GM trucks will have their share of issues as well  given they are also new .

The new Ram has a LOT going for it :

Exterior styling is modern smooth and refined . 

Interior is hands down the best in the segment and one of the best VEHICLE interiors made today.  Impressive.  Best feature.

Air suspension available .  Works very well offering nice performance and capability .  Only one on market.

eTorq mild hybrid system.  Very limited testing but seems to add significant mpg to city cycle (4mpg in MT test).  

Coil spring rear suspension system.  Only one on market, best riding pickup .

Ram box system.  Very useful flexible storage system (copy from Avalanche of old) .  Only one on market.

Hemi V8 / 8spd transmission .  Reliable powerful solid drivetrain.  Sound good too unlike turbo V6's and 4's.

12 "  infotainment screen for the techies paired to very good Uconnect system.  Only one available.

Many trim levels and options and all the good stuff available on most models.

Trucks lost 225 lbs (though still heavier than competition) while increasing strength and rigidity.

I like the new GM trucks , but Ram did a good job....it only really could use a top shelf powerplant (6.4L would do just fine)and more weight loss (225 was good but it wont bring them in line with Ford and GM which will still be 250+ lbs lighter in general).  Engine would be easy enough to do in a year or three but the weight will have to come at next redesign for Ram......

I was excited about the Ram, however, the list of problems continues to grow.  It was almost immediate, complaints with the brakes, vibration from rotors, misaligned panels, poor welds, expected electronic mishaps, Hemi Tic, interior badges falling off, and seats seams coming loose.  I don't care a bit how good it looks if its not reliable.  It's to the point, I wont consider a 19 Ram.  I really haven't seen any build complaints with the new Silverado/Sierra.  

Edited by lrtexasman

22 minutes ago, lrtexasman said:

I was excited about the Ram, however, the list of problems continues to grow.  It was almost immediate, complaints with the brakes, vibration from rotors, misaligned panels, poor welds, expected electronic mishaps, Hemi Tic, interior badges falling off, and seats seams coming loose.  I don't care a bit how good it looks if its not reliable.  It's to the point, I wont consider a 19 Ram.  I really haven't seen any build complaints with the new Silverado/Sierra.  

Sorry RAM supporters, but I will take my '14 Sierra any day.:thumbs:

GMC-AT   aka Evel.....

My man you made the smart decision going with your gut and ordering a 2019 Silverado overthe RAM! :flag:

23 hours ago, lrtexasman said:

Well , you know how it goes.....first year woes sometimes......

There are plenty of us (Chevy guys) with shaking trucks that are not fixable , along with other issues still persisting.  All makes have these issues some more than others.....I have had a 14 Durango Hemi ....no issues in 40K .  We have a 17 Pacifica mini van with almost 30K , it has a few squeeks and creeks (to be fixed hopefully under warranty) , otherwise no issues.  My 14 High Country has been very good as well ......had some SERIOUS issues with PowerStroke diesel work vans a few years back and swore off Ford for a while (not so much angry about the issues as the way Ford didn't want to honor the power train warranty ).

All these new vehicles from the big three are honestly pretty reliable in general BUT ......with all the electronics and tons of new features and tech , its smart to keep a warranty on them to avoid a headache or three.....

From the RAM forum:

I love driving my new Ram 1500 Limited but I have some serious concerns about the initial quality of the vehicle. The plan was to replace my 2017 Suburban AND my 06 GMC Duramax with my new Ram Limited......I have parted with the Suburban (the Ram rides much better) but I am not giving up my Duramax until I have more confidence in the 2019 Ram.

First and foremost I have SERIOUS water leak issues. The FIRST day I had the truck I drove through heavy rains and standing water. The next day my drives side front and rear carpets were SOAKED!! I used a wet vac to get out as much water as I could and it took a week for it to dry out completely. A few days later……driving in heavy rain again and again WET CARPET!!! I took the truck to the dealer and they “LEAK TESTED” it for a couple hours and found nothing. They tested the sunroof, 3rd brake light and doors……I told them I thought the water was coming from underneath the truck and they said they could not leak test that without removing the interior……that is not a good option but at least I would think they should replace the carpet since it already has an odor from being wet for 3 of the 4 weeks I've owned the truck.

Today my other issue occurred for the 2nd time. I was starting out on a 4 hour trip and my Uconnect did not have any volume (it was not the mute bottom)…..no music….no navigation volume, no phone….NOTHING. The first time this happened a couple week ago it was out for most of the day until it finally shut itself down and rebooted while I was driving. Today I happened to be near a Ram dealer and the were nice enough to hook it up to their computer and reboot it so I could go on my way. It is rediculous to have a 12” screen but no radio …..

Anyone else having similar situations?...…..any input you could offer would be much appreciated ……

46 minutes ago, Sierra Dan said:

We all need " High Luxury " in an Off Road Pickup :thumbs:

Yes we do cause it will sell . Just because you dont need it dosent mean everyone else dont need it either. 

This is why the AT4 is offered as a SLT , otherwise it would be LT Trail boss.  

I get your GM Passion but please take off the GM sun shades for a moment . GM trucks have many issues too.  Heck i lemon Lawed my 2014 Sierra SLT because of so many problems. My 2016 Denali has had multiple issues as well. ( one being a whiny transmission in first 3 gears in which they cant figure out what it is)  

Point is No truck company is perfect  

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, f8l vnm said:

Yes we do cause it will sell . Just because you dont need it dosent mean everyone else dont need it either. 

I get your GM Passion but please take off the GM sun shades for a moment . GM trucks have many issues too.  Heck i lemon Lawed my 2014 Sierra SLT because of so many problems. My 2016 Denali has had multiple issues as well. ( one being a whiny transmission in first 3 gears in which they cant figure out what it is)  

Solution to "high luxury off road truck in a GM".....

Buy a Denali Or High Country and add the GM 2" Factory Lift kit for $1295.

Throw on some 33-34" tires and you are set !

17 minutes ago, f8l vnm said:

Amen! Of course this forum is biased because it is a GM board. I'm truly surprised by how many cant even admit to the Ram to being a nice truck. I bought the most expensive , loaded out with every option 1500 truck GM offers and wish I hadn't most of the time. Especially when I sit behind the wheel of my dads 2019 Ram. He hasn't had any issues out of his RAM (yet) and paid 8K less than mine being fully loaded and a year newer. I know I lost money paying cash for my truck but oh well. I still love the power and the looks of it. I can also admit that the RAM is a very nice truck as well. I'm sure looking at them when the TRX comes out hopefully in the next 2 years. I for one love the most loaded out truck with no expense spared. I wouldn't buy anything less. But that's me and we all have different opinions. Isnt America great? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Denali34 said:

Amen! Of course this forum is biased because it is a GM board. I'm truly surprised by how many cant even admit to the Ram to being a nice truck. I bought the most expensive , loaded out with every option 1500 truck GM offers and wish I hadn't most of the time. Especially when I sit behind the wheel of my dads 2019 Ram. He hasn't had any issues out of his RAM (yet) and paid 8K less than mine being fully loaded and a year newer. I know I lost money paying cash for my truck but oh well. I still love the power and the looks of it. I can also admit that the RAM is a very nice truck as well. I'm sure looking at them when the TRX comes out hopefully in the next 2 years. I for one love the most loaded out truck with no expense spared. I wouldn't buy anything less. But that's me and we all have different opinions. Isnt America great? 

America must not be great, because Someone believes it should be "Made Great Again"  :flag:  LOL    Not naming any names....   

Of course America is great. And it is great that all of us here can afford to drive the trucks and vehicles we do regardless of Brand.

It is a blessing that not everyone can achieve.