For Those Who Contemplate Moving to RAM......

America must not be great, because Someone believes it should be "Made Great Again"  :flag:  LOL    Not naming any names....   

Of course America is great. And it is great that all of us here can afford to drive the trucks and vehicles we do regardless of Brand.

It is a blessing that not everyone can achieve.

That person were not naming created a bull market that allowed me to pay cash for my house, truck and boat this year alone. I’m not one for talking politics because that would be bad manners but having 0 debt at age 35 feels great again to me. It wasn’t possible during the past regime. Seems like we should all count our blessings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Denali34 said:

That person were not naming created a bull market that allowed me to pay cash for my house, truck and boat this year alone. I’m not one for talking politics because that would be bad manners but having 0 debt at age 35 feels great again to me. It wasn’t possible during the past regime. Seems like we should all count our blessings.

Just stating the facts. I am not pointing to a Political discussion as that is something this Site does not support or encourage.

That is why I did not mention the name but of course most of us know. America is great and congratulations on paying cash for your house and boat.

Everyone has a different financial background and to each their own.

• Like 1

While I like GM's, there's not a bad truck out there right now. ALL of them have their own specific problems, ALL of them are defended by their owners, ALL of them work great. Some people are so blinded by brand loyalty, that they are cheating themselves out of some good products being offered by the truck manufacturers. If you chose not to buy a truck just because it's a whatever, that's your prerogative, but that's just the rumor mill dominating the mind of an person who is not his own individual, just takes the word of everyone else, sad.

Go drive these hated vehicles for yourself, see if you like them, you won't though, your mind is already made up.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, gearheadesw said:

While I like GM's, there's not a bad truck out there right now. ALL of them have their own specific problems, ALL of them are defended by their owners, ALL of them work great. Some people are so blinded by brand loyalty, that they are cheating themselves out of some good products being offered by the truck manufacturers. If you chose not to buy a truck just because it's a whatever, that's your prerogative, but that's just the rumor mill dominating the mind of an person who is not his own individual, just takes the word of everyone else, sad.

Go drive these hated vehicles for yourself, see if you like them, you won't though, your mind is already made up.

Great post. Every truck has its flaws. Gm is no perfect. 

• Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 2:35 PM, Denali34 said:

SPOT on , brother......we can all AFFORD these much more expensive new vehicles and do the things we like to do or need to do.  

• Like 1

For me it all starts with Aesthetics (aka looks).

I start there. Then look at function, capability, available options and then I read reviews.

Last is the test drive.

Although I will say this was completely reversed when I purchased my '05 Avalanche.

Which to this day remains the best GM vehicle or in General the best of any vehicle I have ever owned period.

When they came out I thought UGLY :troll:  Especially the Cladded plastic versions.

I read reviews and test drove one.

The looks grew on me as the capability and functionality surpassed any downfalls with the styling.

• Like 1

I totally agree, who wants to drive a truck they don't like the looks of? But looks are subjective, my good looking might be your ugly as hell, who knows. I like the looks of most of the new trucks on the market, but I must admit, I don't like the headlight treatments on these newer molded that have the body panel jutting into the light assembly. 

My 16 Ram was in the shop for non functioning power windows, went to pick it up today and had a nice conversation with the owner of a new 19 Ram. Wow, I hope FCA can get a grip on the quality quick. This guy was much more patient than I would be. His truck has has some pretty serious issues since 700 miles. His latest is water intrusion and a rough cold start. I spent about an hour when I got home on the 5th gen Ram forums, there are many, many issues on those boards. So far their problem poll sits at only 41% happy/no problems, the remainder have had issues of some sort. 

It's even made me rethink my T1XX purchase, think I may wait till spring just to make certain these new GM's aren't as much a yellow citrus fruit as the new Rams are. Also considering picking up a 18 Denali as my local dealer is pricing them very aggressively. Sigh, what to do what to do.......