On 9/11/2018 at 9:58 PM, Sierra Dan said:

Chuck,

Are you getting compliments out and about?

Looks, stares, thumbs ups? :thumbs:

I do, people stare everywhere I go. I caught a guy taking pics the other day in Walmart parking lot. I think the best part is there still are none like it in the area. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Cmillerjr said:

I do, people stare everywhere I go. I caught a guy taking pics the other day in Walmart parking lot. I think the best part is there still are none like it in the area. 

Has to be a good feeling. Especially since there are not many out there just yet.

I recall when I had a 2004 Silverado 4x4 with the QuadraSteer Rear Steering.

Talk about garnering the eye of the public! 

Everywhere I went people would tell me my truck was broke, that my rear wheels were "Catawampus" 

Especially with older people. I use to love cruising and circling gas station pumps with the wheels at full turn just to see the surprised look on faces :D

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My 2017 has the infamous shake.  This is my 3rd Silverado in 7 years.  Tired of the vibration as well as the tranny shifting hard and inconsistent along with the studdering/stalling feel when in D and at a stop.  Trading in tomorrow for a Trail Boss.  I test drove one a month ago and that's all it took.  The TB is smooth as silk shifting and turning radius is incredible.  Love the styling of the 2019's

Edited by CamperTB

• 3 weeks later...

Good to hear the shake seems to be eliminated with the 2019s!! My '16 Silverado LT shakes, little to no dealer cooperation about it.  I plan to keep it another year or so, then will decide if I stay with GM or not.  Took it in the ass with the vibe issue with my '16 after 40 or so years of buying GM trucks. No loyalty from GM = no loyalty to GM.  Fk'm.

Edited by Willyone

No shake whatsoever on my TB. Drive home was 5 hours on the interstate between 70-85 mph. I’m approaching 1k miles and my mpg seems to be getting better. I was getting 16mpg and now I’m between 18-19mpg - probably won’t last long ha. This truck drives way better than my 17 F-150. 

I too have a Trail Boss,  2000 miles and no shake unless there is mud on inside of rims. was going to get an 18 a year ago and dealer talked me out of it. Glad he did. Other than a little tail gate rattle in rough terrain am completely happy with it, dogs seem to like it also:P  Am getting about 18 mpg out of it on hiway.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have a 2015 2500HD duramax and had the "shake". In October I had all 4 of my wheels warranty replaced for corrosion. They put the old stock tires that came on the truck back on with a road force balance and the shake was gone. I couldn't believe it. I took it off road and beat on the suspension and then took it out on the interstate and still no shake. So it must have been the wheels for me. I have the 20" polished 5 spoke wheels. They put the same type back on. Should be getting my 2019 1500 here pretty soon.

Edited by BeardBros

• 2 weeks later...

My Sierra was shaking and bouncing like crazy yesterday. Then I realized both right side wheels were packed with snow. But before that, my Sierra has been smooth. Not impressed with the 22 inch Bridgestone Dueler Alenzas though. They performed marginally in the 15 inch snowfall. I did not expect much from the highway tire.

3 hours ago, smit303 said:

My Sierra was shaking and bouncing like crazy yesterday. Then I realized both right side wheels were packed with snow. But before that, my Sierra has been smooth. Not impressed with the 22 inch Bridgestone Dueler Alenzas though. They performed marginally in the 15 inch snowfall. I did not expect much from the highway tire.

Tire rack reviews have rated those tires horrible in the snow, I've got mine listed on ebay and CL right now as I took them off with 300 miles on the truck 

20 hours ago, eppieguy said:

Tire rack reviews have rated those tires horrible in the snow, I've got mine listed on ebay and CL right now as I took them off with 300 miles on the truck 

What did you put on?

3 hours ago, smit303 said:

What did you put on?

I put on a set of Nitto Terra Grapplers, I’ve run these tires on many of my trucks over the years and have always gotten at least 60k+ miles out of them and then was still able to sell them on CL. Great in rain and snow and my limited mud experience they were great as well.

3ECD1664-AA7B-4419-A47D-9BF17317D5A2.jpeg

• Like 1