2019 GMC Sierra SLT 6.2L quick thoughts

2 hours ago, shift_grind said:

I've heard they have a softer ride and 1-2 say they ride firmer.  Maybe it's a bigger difference between Z71/X31 and non?

I assume all your trucks have had the Bose sound.  How do they compare?

All previous trucks had bose sound also.

The stereo in this one is better.  Not ground breaking better, but like the feeling of a generational difference where you can hear music more clearly.  It is not, however, amazing.  I have a moderate sound addiction, my home theater is a Bowers and Wilkins speaker setup in 7.2 surround sound with 4 SVS PB12-NSDs.  The bose in the new setup doesn't compare in the highs and mids, and obviously not the lows to my home theater, but it is better than the previous model year GMC.

In short, let's just say it will definitely be plenty for me, but those that need more before will definitely need more here, too.

Edited by JacobC1983

Smooth as glass up to 85. that is the fastest I went on the way home from the dealer yesterday.  Great highway truck.

Take it easy, though I was going nuts, my 18, I never went over 3K RPM’s first 3K miles. Knock on wood, 9K so far and zero issues. Got two free oil changes, First oil change 1000 miles, Second 2500, every 3-4K with Mobile One oil, Mobile One oil filter. Good luck and God Bless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, TXGREEK said:

Take it easy, though I was going nuts, my 18, I never went over 3K RPM’s first 3K miles. Knock on wood, 9K so far and zero issues. Got two free oil changes, First oil change 1000 miles, Second 2500, every 3-4K with Mobile One oil, Mobile One oil filter. Good luck and God Bless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am doing the same, but sometimes you gotta pass a big rig that is throwing up rocks on the highway.  Thanks for the kind words.  

Update to original post -- Nav isn't working right now -- it keeps saying an SD card was removed.  I put one in it, not sure how it all functions yet.  Hoping it will update itself now that an SD card is in it and I can finally try out the navigation system.

3 hours ago, GMC-AT said:

Thanks for the review, helpful to me as  I'm currently in a 2016 Sierra and about to purchase the new 2019 RAM...or Silverado.  Still haven't decided yet.  Interesting comments about the ride firmness, seem like all the other reviews say the 2019 ride is a bit softer when compared to the 2014-2018. 

Let us know how the next few weeks go, I want to hear more from guys that owned the previous gen truck and upgraded. 

It is definitely firmer to me.  Especially over small pothole type bumps that immediately jar the vehicle.  If it is the truck or tires I have not yet ascertained.  Maybe it just needs some more miles.  

Edited by JacobC1983

2 hours ago, JacobC1983 said:

Exactly what I did, haven't driven it yet today.  The PSI was set at the dealer (or factory) at 45 PSI and the tires max is 44.  I put them at 35 PSI and will hope for the best.

Well no doubt on the harsh ride.

45 is way over.

You will notice a difference 10lbs less.

2 hours ago, JacobC1983 said:

Exactly what I did, haven't driven it yet today.  The PSI was set at the dealer (or factory) at 45 PSI and the tires max is 44.  I put them at 35 PSI and will hope for the best.

What does the door jam say they should be?  45 sounds high for a non LT tire.  

Glad it sounds like harsher ride is from a dealer mistake.  

Thanks for the info on the Bose system. If it's an improvement I'm happy as I liked the k2xx Bose for what it was. I'm just annoyed that the stereo is bundled with some stuff I don't want. 

Stereo along with the powertrains are very important to me.  Outside a HUD I don't care much for the other top end electronics.  

Edited by shift_grind

18 minutes ago, NWI Denali said:

That is the best looking '19 I've seen thusfar (until the AT4's come out :D). Love that color combination with the wheels and slt grille. Better looking than T1 Denali.

Thanks!  I like the AT4 also.  I couldn’t wait! lol