2019 GMC Sierra SLT 6.2L quick thoughts

Go to the tires website, put in the exact tire size and you’ll see for yourself weight ratings per air lbs in tire. Example: Nitto Ridge Grapplers 285/60/20 May be 2500 lbs with 35lbs of air, 3000 with 45lbs of air, 3650 with 80 lbs of air. Depending on your weight class and what you’re hauling. My tires are rated up to 80, I run them at 35psi with perfect traction and ride quality considering it being an E rated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TXGREEK said:

Go to the tires website, put in the exact tire size and you’ll see for yourself weight ratings per air lbs in tire. Example: Nitto Ridge Grapplers 285/60/20 May be 2500 lbs with 35lbs of air, 3000 with 45lbs of air, 3650 with 80 lbs of air. Depending on your weight class and what you’re hauling. My tires are rated up to 80, I run them at 35psi with perfect traction and ride quality considering it being an E rated.

You really shouldn't be running load range E tires that low. I personally wouldnt run 10 ply tires any lower than 45 psi.

You really shouldn't be running load range E tires that low. I personally wouldnt run 10 ply tires any lower than 45 psi.

I’ve been doing it for 30 years with no problems.

There's literally no point in having load range E tires if you're only running them at 35 psi. 

Says you, You’ve obviously no idea what you’re talking about. What tire size would you suggest on a lifted truck with 34” tires.

4 hours ago, JacobC1983 said:

Edit: door jam says 35. , the max PSI is printed into the tires as 44

Good to hear.  Go with the manufacturers recommendation, sounds like a prep guy didn't know what he was doing and iver filled the tires.  

Hopefully that fixes your ride.  

If the trucks recommend 35psi, sounds like load range D (8 ply) would be better than E.  A D tire will work ok at 35-38psi. I've always gone by no less than half max, ideally half plus 5 as a minimum.  

Still can't figure out this navigation system memory card problem.  If anybody with a 2019 and nav reads this, please let me know.  I have inserted a memory card and tried formatting it to Fat32, NTFS and Fat, and also played music from the memory card, but the navigation system still gives me an error that says "Memory Card Removed"   

Kind of frustrating

Good to hear.  Go with the manufacturers recommendation, sounds like a prep guy didn't know what he was doing and iver filled the tires.  

Hopefully that fixes your ride.  

If the trucks recommend 35psi, sounds like load range D (8 ply) would be better than E.  A D tire will work ok at 35-38psi. I've always gone by no less than half max, ideally half plus 5 as a minimum.  

I’d love to have a P rated tire for my bigger size, P rated is not available once you’re getting into 33” and bigger. My last 33” KO2’s where D rated and now my 34” Nitto Ridge Grapplers are E or F lol I forgot. Here’s news to you guys that think you know more than others, go to the manufacturers website, type in your tire size and look at psi to weight. You have a 1500 doesn’t require more than 35 psi for your E rated tire. Nitto Ridge Grapplers carry a huge amount of weight, so, my half ton weighs about 6K pounds wet, empty bed, 35 psi ability is 2650 lbs which combined rated at 5300 lbs just for the rear for a 6K lbs truck. My unstoppable LandCruisers never more than 36-38 lbs rode great too. Go with your sticker, test out yourself adding and decreasing. Here’s a great little video from Custom Offsets, Good luck and God Bless!

• Like 1

Yea it’s strange.  Apparently now the navigation system puts info onto a memory card and gets updates through onstar 

Hmmmm, at least you’re getting updates. My 18 has 2014 updates.

• Like 1