2019 GMC Sierra SLT 6.2L quick thoughts

12 hours ago, JacobC1983 said:

All previous trucks had bose sound also.

The stereo in this one is better.  Not ground breaking better, but like the feeling of a generational difference where you can hear music more clearly.  It is not, however, amazing.  I have a moderate sound addiction, my home theater is a Bowers and Wilkins speaker setup in 7.2 surround sound with 4 SVS PB12-NSDs.  The bose in the new setup doesn't compare in the highs and mids, and obviously not the lows to my home theater, but it is better than the previous model year GMC.

In short, let's just say it will definitely be plenty for me, but those that need more before will definitely need more here, too.

Does anyone know the specs of the stereos in these things? It seems I can’t find any info on number of speakers/wattage/sub/no sub? Can easily find it for other makes, but it’s always a mystery for GM?

12 hours ago, Sierra Dan said:

I am sure GM will be happy to sell you the special memory card required :thumbs:

I called GM customer support to see if they could help me.... apparently the truck was supposed to come with the memory card installed that has the navigation info on it.  And apparently somehow mine was taken out somewhere along the line.  I can't find it anywhere.  Put an email to my salesman about it.  I bet he can get me another one.  

Edited by JacobC1983

On 9/2/2018 at 8:02 AM, JacobC1983 said:

I think the Ram looks like a glitzy busy mess.  I test drove one with the big touch screen.  I am 34 years old, and I prefer this cabin so much more.  It is cool, calm and functional.  It is different enough to be new, but familiar to my old trucks. 

Thanks for the great review. This has been exactly what I have been thinking when comparing the interior to the Ram. The Ram looks nice but when it comes to the physical buttons and positions it looks too busy to be dealing with small buttons on the side or messing with menus on the screen while driving. Which is why I prefer the Silverado/Sierra 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JacobC1983 said:

I called GM customer support to see if they could help me.... apparently the truck was supposed to come with the memory card installed that has the navigation info on it.  And apparently somehow mine was taken out somewhere along the line.  I can't find it anywhere.  Put an email to my salesman about it.  I bet he can get me another one.  

Mine was in a little baggy in the glove box.  Also came with the tire pressure sensors for a trailer.  I think it was all in the same bag if I remember right.  I was getting the same errors the first time I put it in, but we took it out, shut everything off, tried again, and it's been working great for the last few days.  Good luck.  Hopefully they can get you one out of another truck for now.  

19 hours ago, CStanger said:

Mine was in a little baggy in the glove box.  Also came with the tire pressure sensors for a trailer.  I think it was all in the same bag if I remember right.  I was getting the same errors the first time I put it in, but we took it out, shut everything off, tried again, and it's been working great for the last few days.  Good luck.  Hopefully they can get you one out of another truck for now.  

Thanks for the reply -- I went ahead and rechecked the baggy with the sensors. No luck... but not worries -- the dealer is ordering me a new one.  Thanks!

Update to the front page and here... I ordered the floor liners and the bed mat from GM.  Thought you would like some pictures of it.  

The floor liners require that the little cubby area under the seats be removed.  Worth it for me because my dogs have more space.  

They fit pretty well, the dead pedal on the driver's side could have fit better.  I hope it breaks in some.

Also the bed mat might be cut a little large, I might sand it down if it doesn't behave.  

IMG_0355.jpeg

IMG_0356.jpeg

IMG_0357.jpeg

IMG_0358.jpeg

IMG_0359.jpeg

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Sierra Dan said:

Jacob,

Any new ride reports with the reduced tire pressure?

With 35 PSI I can confirm this truck does ride at least as good as my 2015-2017 GMC Sierras did.  It rides differently.  I feels larger over bumps.

Reducing the pressure really helped.  I feel stupid for not looking at the tire pressure before leaving the dealership.  Just the excitement of the new truck I suppose.  The funny thing is on the highway home, it didn't feel bad at all.  It was around town the next day that really made the tire pressure rear its ugly head.

So, the truck rides good.  A little jiggly sometimes depending on the road, but overall, it is the same as my previous trucks.  I think it will loosen up some more over the next couple thousand miles.

10 speed update:

This transmission is very good, but it still isn't perfect.  It has made some very silly shifts as it has gone through these first 300-400 miles.  I really hope it cleans up more.  It hasn't clunked on a downshift, but you can tell it doesn't feel right sometimes.  Still better than the previous generation trucks though.  

Edited by JacobC1983

Great review.  I'm in the have to wait boat.  I want a standard bed.  The short bed just doesn't cut it for me and the way I use my truck.

On another note.  I'm going to really love the 2019 since I'm coming from a 2002.  LOL

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NWI Denali said:

You can cut the mat along the right side of that ridge if you wish to keep the storage divider. I believe thats whats thats there for.

Yea I could do that I suppose.  To me the space on the floor is more important for my dogs. Good thought for others.  I thought the ridge was more for the bigger underseat storage container from GM accessories 

640X640.jpg

Edited by JacobC1983